Conflict Resolution 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
In this self-paced course you will learn how you can avoid conflict from developing, and methods you can use to resolve conflicts that are occurring and affecting your workplace.
Differences of opinion.
They make great TV but a terrible work environment.
Enroll today and learn how to put a stop to it now.
Conflict - in a business setting - is expensive, counter-productive, time consuming, and labor intensive.
In this e-course we will look at workplace conflict and explore ways that you can help to resolve it.
Conflict can arise over the slightest thing in a business setting and can escalate into a major confrontation between several factions. Although nations, businesses, churches, and families all participate (and succumb) to conflict, we will primarily focus on the conflict that can occur between parties in a business setting. Specifically, we will be looking at conflict that happens within a company.
Enroll today and learn how to put a stop to workplace conflict now!
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Problem Solving Lessons
Lesson 1: Types of Conflict - Conflict in the WorkplaceThis lesson will analyze conflict- what it is and why it occurs so often in the workplace.In addition, it will explore the types of conflict that occur in the workplace and how to deal with them.
Lesson 2: Workplace Conflict/Consequences of ConflictThe consequences, both financial and personal, of conflicts will be evaluated. Personal costs, workplace costs, and legal costs are studied.
Lesson 3: How to Resolve Conflicts in the WorkplaceThis lesson will review the basic structure (the eight steps) needed to establish a conflict resolution.
Lesson 4: Workplace Conflict/What To Do When Resolution Doesn't WorkThis lesson will provide some tips on what to do when the resolution doesn't work.
Lesson 5: Workplace Conflict/Using Positive CommunicationThis lesson will tell you how to prevent conflicts from developing altogether, by practicing some positive communication techniques.
Lesson 6: The Nature of Conflict--How and Why People ConflictA conflict with a spouse, partner, boyfriend or girlfriend, parent, child, sibling, good friend, or a new friend will cost us much more emotionally in the long run if it goes unresolved, than those we have with random strangers.
Lesson 7: Personal Conflict/How To Resolve the Seven Most Common Forms Of Personal ConflictIn this lesson, you will be given clear solutions to the conflict examples given in Lesson 6. These solutions can be applied to similar types of conflicts that may occur in your life.
Lesson 8: Personal Conflict/Using Problem-Solving Techniques To Find Inventive Ways Of Resolving ConflictIn this lesson, you will learn some basic problem-solving techniques that work very well with personal conflict resolution. You will be provided with clear examples of conflicts, and several inventive ways in which to resolve them.
Lesson 9: Personal Conflict/How to Mediate Conflict Between OthersThis lesson will deal solely with being a mediator, that is to say, someone who is good at resolving personal conflict between others.
Lesson 10: Personal Conflict/What to do if the Opposing Party Refuses to Participate in ResolutionMost conflicts between family and friends can be resolved with a little effort, as has been shown in this course; however, there are some instances when the other party refuses to allow a resolution.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Describe the types of conflict that occur in the workplace.
- Describe the consequences of conflict in the workplace.
- Summarize procedures to resolve workplace conflict.
- Summarize steps to take when conflicts are not resolved.
- Summarize ways to stop conflict from arising in the first place.
- Define why people conflict in the first place.
- Describe the most common techniques to resolve personal conflict.
- Describe ways to mediate conflict between parties.
- Describe what steps to take when both parties refuse to resolve their conflicts, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Assignment 1: Different Worldviews||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 1- Types of Conflict||Exam||55|
|Assignment 2: Costs Analysis||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 2- Consequences of Conflict||Exam||40|
|Assignment 3: How Would You Now Resolve a Conflict?||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 3- How To Resolve a Conflict||Exam||50|
|Assignment 4: Resolution Failure||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 4- What Do You Do When a Resolution Doesn't Work||Exam||35|
|Assignment 5: Positive Communication:||Assignment||25|
|Quiz 5- How to avoid conflict with Positive Communication||Exam||25|
|Quiz 6-The Nature of Conflict-How and Why People Conflict||Exam||10|
|Quiz 7-How To Resolve The Seven Most Common Forms Of Personal Conflict||Exam||10|
|Quiz 8-Using Problem Solving Techniques To Find Inventive Ways Of Resolving Conflict||Exam||10|
|Quiz 9-How to Mediate Conflict Between Others||Exam||10|
|Quiz 10-What to do if the Opposing Party Refuses to Participate in Resolution||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||160|
- "My first class on Universal Class though hardly my first course Online (lifetime learner, here). I really enjoyed it. The instructor set it up very nicely and was quicker than any instructor I have ever had with evaluation and feedback; which is why most of us are here. Anybody can study independently, but you do not get evaluated or graded which is what makes you work harder and strive for perfection. No secret there. Can't have a drill team without a drill sergeant. A+ for CR 101 with Instructor Matt Coburn Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Site!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait for my next class" -- Stewart D.
- "I thought the descriptions of different types of conflict were very helpful. I also enjoyed the lesson that gave resolutions to the conflicts....The instructor was very nice, and was quick to grade my work. I appreciated his input." -- Ericka M.