Virus Removal and Protection 101
We're sorry, this course is no longer open for enrollment.
Course DescriptionIt's amazing how many of us own personal computers at home, belong to Internet networking systems in work environments, and yet don't understand the very basics regarding Internet Security. While we've all heard terms like worms, spyware and Trojan horse, we're not exactly sure what they are or what they do to our computer.
Nearly every one of us has experienced an Internet virus in our computer's lifetime but still neglect to take adequate steps to protect our computers, our data, and our privacy from others through best-practice protection methods.
In this course, we'll define the difference between a virus and spyware. We'll break down the source and damage a virus can cause to your computer and share information on protecting your computer against virus attacks. Safe computer usage is the primary focus of this course. You'll learn how to reduce your vulnerability to online spam, spyware and viruses and take steps to protect your computer against all malware. This course will help you pay more attention in regard to monitoring your computer usage and downloads and how to detect, identify, and clean an infection.
Options for virus removal may help protect your computer, your privacy, and your important documents from attack. We'll explain why the installation of security patches is just as important as installing antivirus software to your computer. We'll discuss Internet Security options and where you can find popular antivirus software downloads or where you can purchase them for installation onto your computer. Finally, we'll discuss Internet safety tips for you and your family.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Online Threat Basics
Lesson 2: Beware of Common Internet Dangers
Lesson 3: What the Heck Is Spyware?
Lesson 4: What Is a Virus?
Lesson 5: Anatomy of a Virus
Lesson 6: Protecting Your Computer Against Virus
Lesson 7: Reducing Your Vulnerability
Lesson 8: Getting Rid of a Virus
Lesson 9: Installing Security Patches
Lesson 10: Internet Security Options
Lesson 11: Top Ten Tips for Internet Safety
- "I enjoyed taking a course that covered how to deal with computer viruses with an overview before dealing with actual computer problems. Knowledge is certainly power." -- Margaret B.
- "The instructor helped me out in this class." -- Darlene D.
- "The course changed my perspective on computers in a good way. They are not toys to be taken for granted as a simple means of entertainment. I liked the instructor very much. He seems very polite, knowledgeable, interested in the subject, as well as extremely informed. He responded to questions in a timely manner. Thank you." -- Roseann G.
- "Great and helpful in real life." -- Joann B.
- "What was most helpful were the hints to increase my computer's security and help protect it from viruses and other malware and what to do if my computer is infected." -- Patty C.
- "All of it was helpful. I knew a little, and this helped me get a better understanding of how to do things and how to avoid a lot of problems. Great course, I will continue to take some courses from Universal Class." -- Gilbert M.