with CEU Certificate*
Nearly every one of us has experienced an Internet virus in our computer's lifetime but still neglect to take adequate steps to protect our computers, our data, and our privacy from others through best-practice protection methods.
In this course, we'll define the difference between a virus and spyware. We'll break down the source and damage a virus can cause to your computer and share information on protecting your computer against virus attacks. Safe computer usage is the primary focus of this course. You'll learn how to reduce your vulnerability to online spam, spyware and viruses and take steps to protect your computer against all malware. This course will help you pay more attention in regard to monitoring your computer usage and downloads and how to detect, identify, and clean an infection.
Options for virus removal may help protect your computer, your privacy, and your important documents from attack. We'll explain why the installation of security patches is just as important as installing antivirus software to your computer. We'll discuss Internet Security options and where you can find popular antivirus software downloads or where you can purchase them for installation onto your computer. Finally, we'll discuss Internet safety tips for you and your family.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Online Threat BasicsLearning how to safeguard your computer system from spam, viruses, and spyware is a valuable component to computer ownership.
Lesson 2: Beware of Common Internet DangersAmong the major drawbacks of Internet computer usage are dangers such as infections, viruses, and spyware.
Lesson 3: What the Heck Is Spyware?Spyware can collect your personal information, change your computer configurations, and make your computer behave erratically.
Lesson 4: What Is a Virus?Basically, a computer virus is some type of malicious program that is specifically designed to delete your files, damage your computer system, and generally make a mess out of the inside of your computer's operating system.
Lesson 5: Anatomy of a VirusUnderstanding the basic anatomy of a virus will help you become more adept at recognizing attack or infection and how you can protect your computer and your files against it.
Lesson 6: Protecting Your Computer Against VirusYou can take much of the risk out of using your personal computer by making a habit of performing certain common tasks.
Lesson 7: Reducing Your VulnerabilityReducing your vulnerability to virus attacks means you have to take time to determine how your computer usage and habits might expose you to a computer virus.
Lesson 8: Getting Rid of a VirusYou do not have to be a computer whiz to understand the basics of virus removal; and whether or not you attempt virus removal yourself, it is a good idea to know how it is done.
Lesson 9: Installing Security PatchesAnytime you subscribe to antivirus, firewall, or antispyware protection, you will need to continually update your systems files in order to identify changes, improvements, or new parameters that help your computer detect and get rid of such viruses.
Lesson 10: Internet Security OptionsYour selection of antivirus software and protection should be based on your computer usage. An antivirus program that you buy for home use may be totally different from something you would use at work.
Lesson 11: Top Ten Tips for Internet SafetyProtecting your computer against viruses and reducing your vulnerability are all responsibilities of the computer user.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe online threat basics.
- Describe beware of common internet dangers.
- Define virus.
- Define what is a virus.
- Describe anatomy of a virus.
- Summarize protecting your computer against virus.
- Describe reducing your vulnerability.
- Determine the best methods for getting rid of a virus.
- Summarize installing security patches and other Internet security options.
- Summarize top ten tips for internet safety, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||53|
- Intro to PC Troubleshooting and Repair$95.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- PowerPoint 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- OneNote 2013$45.000.5 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Quicken 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- QuickBooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Access 2013$75.001.0 CEUs
- Advanced Excel 2013$75.001.7 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Google Analytics 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2013$65.001.5 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Windows 8$60.000.7 CEUs
- MS Word 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Google+ for Business$45.000.5 CEUs
- Microsoft Outlook 2013$45.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2010$65.001.0 CEUs
- Social Media 101: How to Use Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn$55.000.5 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe InDesign 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- MS Word 2007$55.001.0 CEUs
- Internet Fundamentals 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Internet Specialist 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Internet Marketing Basics$60.001.2 CEUs