Course Syllabus: Restaurant Management 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
Qualified restaurant managers are always in demand. They earn salaries far above the national average ($45K-$60K and higher), receive generous benefit packages and bonuses, rapid promotions and opportunities for travel. But that's really just the "icing on the cake". Restaurant managers learn, apply and continually improve myriad business skills adaptable to scores of other industries. Sales, marketing, human resources, customer service, shipping and receiving, maintenance, food & beverage preparation and accounting are all in a day's work...you'll truly 'have a finger in every pie'. In addition, you'll meet, interact with and satisfy every conceivable restaurant guest, and have the opportunity to be a true leader, a role model and a positive force in the lives of hundreds of your associates.
And let's not forget those autographed photos of you with Jack Nicholson or Tiger Woods, thanking you for one of their best nights on the town in a long time.
Ready to Dig In?
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
Lesson One : Overview of the House
Lesson Two: Goals, Safety and Profits
- Lesson Three: Customer Service Essentials
- Lesson Four: Guest Recovery and Problematic Guests
- Lesson Five: Hiring and Team-building
- Lesson Six : Training
- Lesson Seven: Scheduling
- Lesson Eight: Supervision, Counseling And Discipline
- Lesson Nine: Controlling Food And Beverage Costs
- Lesson Ten: Maximizing Revenue
- Lesson Eleven: Sanitation, Liability And Legal Considerations
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class.
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz along with one or two assignments. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
|Lesson One Assignment||2|
|Lesson One: Overview of the House||8|
|Lesson Two: Goals, Safety and Profits||9|
|Lesson Three: Customer Service Essentials||8|
|Lesson Four Assignment||2|
|Lesson Four: Guest Recovery and Problematic Guests||10|
|Lesson Five Assignment||2|
|Lesson Five: Hiring and Team-building||10|
|Lesson Six : Training||10|
|Lesson Seven: Scheduling||10|
|Lesson Eight: Supervision, Counseling And Discipline||9|
|Lesson Nine: Controlling Food And Beverage Costs||10|
|Lesson Ten Assignment||2|
|Lesson Ten: Maximizing Revenue||10|
|Lesson Eleven Assignment||2|
|Lesson Eleven: Sanitation, Liability And Legal Considerations||10|
|The Final Exam||540|
- Behind the Scenes of Restaurant Management
- How to Successfully Team Build Your Restaurant Staff
- Liability, Legal, Maximizing Revenue and other Restaurant Management Considerations
- Conducting the Training Period in Restaurant Management
- The Essentials of Customer Service in Restaurant Management
- Baking Cookies with Chocolate
- How to Make Sweet Breads and Quick Breads
- Maximizing Success: Product and Service Management
- The Agile Methodology and Product Management
- Kitchen Sanitation: Dishwashing Best Practices
- Creating Projects with Time Management Measures
- How to Create a Successful Product Vision
- How to Make French Macarons
- Best Cleaning Practices for Kitchen Sanitation
- Baking Cookies: Selecting the Best Ingredients