Product Management 101
with CEU Certificate*
Product management is the process of making the right product, to solve the right problem for the right person at the right time. The right person is the customer, who along with business and technology, make up the heart of the product management process. It is the process by which a vision or idea becomes a valuable product.
The project manager is an extremely important person in an organization. You will typically find product managers at companies that build software or products for customer or business-to-business use.
The product manager is the CEO of the product. They are responsible for the strategy and roadmap for the product, as well as the team of employees that are involved in every step of making the product.
In this course you will learn what a product manager does, how the software product development process works, and how to work within the agile and scrum frameworks. You will also learn what it takes to be a product manager at top companies like Google, Microsoft and Apple.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
The contents of this course include the following lessons:
Introduction to Agile Methodology and Product Management
The Product Manager Role
Working with a Development Team
Collaborating in the Sprint Meetings
Common Mistakes of a Product Manager
The Product Vision
Techniques for Creating the Product Vision
Using Product Backlogs
Estimating in Scrum and Managing Quality
Planning the Product Release
All course materials is provided in this class. There is no need to buy additional resources.
Several lessons will be accompanied by a written assignment and a brief quiz . Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||2|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||2|
- What is the Role of a Product Manager?
- The Agile Methodology and Product Management
- How to Envision a Successful Business Product
- What are the Roles of a Product Manager?
- Understanding and Managing Product Backlogs
- Grant Writing: How to Create Doable Action Plans with Achievable Timelines
- Creating Projects with Time Management Measures
- Identifying Body Language of the Young
- Grant Writing First Steps: How to Prepare for Writing Your Winning Grant Proposal
- Process of Technical Writing
- Different Communication Styles
- Time Management: Establishing Goals and Benchmarks
- The History of Human Resources
- Is Leadership the Same as Supervision?
- First Impressions: The Conversation Your Body Is Having in the Business Interview