with CEU Certificate*
Welcome to our basic, introductory course on HIV: Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment. In this course, students will learn the difference between HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). Understanding the difference between the two is extremely important, not only for those recently diagnosed with HIV, but their family, friends and caregivers. Throughout this course, students will also learn how HIV affects the body, and common symptoms of HIV are discussed, as is information on how an HIV diagnosis is made.
Throughout this course, students also learn some basic tips and suggestions on how to prevent transmission of HIV to others and practice health-related industry precautions and learn about high-risk lifestyles such as drug use and unprotected sex may increase chances of contracting the HIV virus.
Students will learn about traditional HIV treatment options as well as alternative medical treatments, nutritional supplements and herbal or nutritional supplement remedies often combined with traditional or conservative medical care and HIV-approved treatment drugs.
Students will also gain information regarding beneficial healthy lifestyle habits and an HIV diet that may help boost the immune system and promote strength and quality lifestyles for individuals diagnosed with the virus. Steps for preventing HIV-related illnesses and opportunistic infections are also briefly covered.Finally, students of this basic HIV course will learn what happens when HIV transforms into AIDS and what is being done today to slow down the progression of the HIV virus into full-blown AIDS. Students will wrap up the course with exposure to a variety of educational and information resources that may help to clear up myths regarding the virus, as well as what individuals can do to reverse myths, false information, and the social stigma associated with the condition.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: HIV BasicsInformation and education is the first step toward reducing your chance of being exposed to, or infected with, HIV.
Lesson 2: How Does HIV Affect the Body?Understanding the basic effect that HIV has on the physical, emotional, and mental well-being and development of any individual will help prepare them for changes -- now and in the future.
Lesson 3: Symptoms Associated With HIVThis lesson is only meant to give you a basic idea of the most common types of symptoms experienced by an individual with HIV.
Lesson 4: How an HIV Diagnosis Is MadeA definitive diagnosis cannot be made without a variety of diagnostic tests, physical examination and analysis of symptoms.
Lesson 5: Preventing HIV Infection and Transmission to OthersHIV infections can be transmitted in several different ways, and knowing how it's transported is the first step toward preventing spread and transmission to others.
Lesson 6: Traditional HIV Treatment OptionsDrugs, medications, and treatment therapies to treat individuals in various stages of the HIV disease have come a long way in the last two decades.
Lesson 7: Alternative Medical Treatments for HIVSome individuals may choose alternative forms of therapy for treatment of HIV before they're recommended for drug therapies.
Lesson 8: Living With HIVBecause information and education is so important in helping to avoid complications, reduce frequency and severity of symptoms, enhance longevity, and quality of life, it's important to understand what others have done to adapt and deal with HIV.
Lesson 9: Preventing HIV-Related IllnessesIn this lesson, we'll discuss some of the most common HIV-related conditions that individuals with experience, as well as what they can do to help prevent those opportunistic infections.
Lesson 10: What Is My Prognosis?Understanding what happens during the transition from HIV to AIDS will help some individuals be more alert to changes in their body, and to take certain steps to put their lives, care, and finances in order.
Lesson 11: Coping With HIVAn individual striving to cope with an HIV-positive diagnosis needs to become conversant on the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of the disease, but in regard to their mental health and spiritual wellness as well.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what HIV is, describe how HIV affects the body, and recognize the symptoms associated with HIV.
- Summarize HIV Diagnosis Is Made.
- Describe methods for preventing HIV infection and transmission to others.
- Define traditional HIV treatment options and summarize alternative medical treatments for HIV.
- Describe living with HIV and coping with HIV.
- Describe methods of preventing HIV-related illnesses, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||50|
- Microbiology 101$110.003.0 CEUs
- Caring for Seniors$78.001.4 CEUs
- Advocacy for Elderly Patients$65.001.0 CEUs
- Anatomy and Physiology 101$90.002.1 CEUs
- Biology 101$95.003.5 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 101$75.001.8 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 201$80.001.7 CEUs
- Comprehensive Medical Terminology 1 & 2$115.003.3 CEUs
- Medical Assistant 101: Career Overview$75.002.2 CEUs
- Nursing Assistant Career Overview$60.001.1 CEUs
- Nutrition 101$90.001.1 CEUs
- Medical Office Procedures 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Vegetarianism 101: How to Be a Vegetarian$55.000.6 CEUs
- Caring for Patients with HIV/AIDS$60.001.0 CEUs
- Stress Management$75.001.0 CEUs
- Childhood Obesity$54.001.0 CEUs
- Depression Management$65.001.0 CEUs
- Medical Terminology for Medical Coders$115.001.4 CEUs
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation, and Protection$110.001.8 CEUs
- Careers in Healthcare$55.000.2 CEUs