Course Syllabus: Persuasion Techniques
with CEU Certificate*
Have you ever purchased something or agreed with someone and wondered later what made you give in so easily? Do you want to learn how to give a persuasive presentation by yourself?
This course explores the art and science of persuasion. Outlining the ways that persuasion is used, tips on withstanding persuasion, different persuasive techniques, persuasive writing, and more makes this course an excellent guide to using persuasion in your own life.
Whether for personal or professional means, learning how to persuade others (and be persuaded less) can help save you time, patience, energy, and money. Everyone from toddlers to nonagenarians is susceptible to persuasion and this course will teach you how to capitalize on this fact. By explaining the ways that persuasion is used, the science behind it, social dynamics, and more, you may find yourself surprised at how much you can learn and what you can do with your new-found knowledge.
Lesson 1: The Ethics of Persuasion
Lesson 2: Political Persuasion
Lesson 3: Persuasion in Sales and Marketing
Lesson 4: Persuasion of Children
Lesson 5: Persuasion in Interpersonal Relationships
Lesson 6: Psychology, Sociology, Social Psychology, and Neurobiology of Persuasion
Lesson 7: Timing and Audience
Lesson 8: Simple Persuasive Techniques
Lesson 9: Intermediate Persuasive Techniques (part 1)
Lesson 10: Intermediate Persuasive Techniques (part 2)
Lesson 11: Advanced Persuasion Techniques
Lesson 12: Persuasive Writing
A brief 25 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Exam||10|
- Marketing and Sales Strategies that Use Persuasion
- The Role of Persuasion in Interpersonal Relationships
- The Influence and Consequences of Persuasion
- More Advanced Techniques of Persuasion
- Persuasive Techniques at an Intermediate Level
- The Role Retaliation Plays in Workplace Harassment
- Common Problems in Procurement Management
- Needing to Know Communications Technology
- The Definition of Workplace Harassment?
- Examining the Use of Technology In Procurement Management
- Meanings of Community Members to Community Development
- Why We Fight: the Origins of Conflict
- What is Self-Confidence?
- The Process, Techniques and Tools Used for Solving Problems
- A Consultant Managers Contribution to Change Management