with CEU Certificate*
During the past five years, digital photography has grown by leaps and bounds. It is now considered so sophisticated that traditional film photography is fast becoming an artifact by many professional photographers. In fact, 90% of wedding photographers are shooting digitally.
This course on Digital Wedding Photography will give you advice from experts, provide startegies for interviewing potential clients, review lighting techniques, help you make purchasing equipment decisions and suggest ways to manage and edit your images. Additional topics of discussion include:
Photojournalism has, for a number of years, been the popular choice and has dominated the industry. And yet, today's photographers have no problem with posing an image, as long as the results look unposed and emotion filled. Today's photography is moving more toward fine-art imagery and like any artist, photographers throw the traditional rules aside and push their creativity.
- Old Trends.
The popular saying "History repeats itself" is true as a recent development of formal posing techniques proves with the popularity and resurgence in group portraits. Traditionalists still stand by the tried and true because they evoke a period of elegance.
- Current Trends.
Bridal magazines display the latest trends and poses that are as diverse as the wedding gowns worn by today's brides. Digital wedding photography is a passion revered by many, and while this course is intended to be a guide to the many aspects of wedding photography, individuality and self-expression is the key to the skilled professional.
- Other topics.
Other topics will include the process of photo editing, popular shots, the wedding photographers checklist, marketing strategies, and much more.
Digital photography is here to stay and improving at record pace. Professional photographers are reaping the advantages, and with the choice of both digital and traditional photography, the best of both worlds can be experienced.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 - The Progression of Wedding PhotographyEven today, with digital photojournalism taking over the world of photography, traditional wedding photography is still being practiced. This first lesson will discuss how wedding photography has changed.
Lesson 2 - Learning the Craft of Digital Wedding PhotographyA wedding photographer cannot afford to wait until fall when the aspens are changing and the fall colors for a photographer's dream make a perfect background. Planning is crucial to a successful shoot. This lesson will discuss the skills that a Digital We
Lesson 3 - The Wedding Photographer's ApproachYou'll want to lean toward more candid shots for the engagement photos. No doubt, mom and dad will want a cheek to cheek pose for themselves. The key is to establish interaction, relieve stress and put the couple at ease.
Lesson 4 - Workroom and Essential EquipmentIt goes without saying digital photography has become popular among many photographers with different levels of experience. The advantages can range from better image resolution, control and an easier post-production process.
Lesson 5 - Camera style and CompositionWhen it comes to exposure, the wedding day poses the greatest extremes – a white wedding gown and a black tuxedo being the ultimate.
Lesson 6 - Posing the SubjectThe colors and play of sunlight in the background shows the photographer knows his/her stuff. It certainly looks like he/she gave understandable directions to the subject.
Lesson 7 - Group PortraitsMany of the group photos are a disappointment mainly to the photographer and frequently to those in the group. Did you notice that the photographer included his open kit in the shot?
Lesson 8 - All About LightingThe key to understanding the correct indoor lighting and creating this in your photographs is to comprehend the single light concept.
Lesson 9 - Preparation and PlanningTo avoid wedding mishaps, a stress-free wedding starts with preparation. Success depends on how well the photographer and clients prepare for the shoot.
Lesson 10 - The Wedding DayPlanning wedding photo shots is almost as important as planning the wedding, as the pictures will be a helpful reminder of that special day
Lesson 11 - The Wedding ReceptionThis lesson will discuss many of the photographs and photography tips that take place during the wedding reception.
Lesson 12 - How to Make Your Wedding Subjects Look GreatTips on how to make the bride shine, images of the wedding attire, the rings, and other wedding ritual shots are discussed in this lesson.
Lesson 13 - The Wedding Photographer's ChecklistThis lesson will discuss the wedding photography checklist as well as other preparation tools.
Lesson 14 - Managing the Computer and Digital CameraThis lesson will discuss what wedding photographers must do after the pictures are taken and on your digital camera.
Lesson 15 - Wedding Photography Package IdeasWedding Albums are almost a thing of the past. This lesson will discuss the emerging trend.
Lesson 16 - More Details on the Editing ProcessGraphics editing programs can be expensive and difficult to use. This lesson will go over how you can try out some of the editing programs already available with your computer.
Lesson 17 - Designing the Wedding AlbumWhat makes album designing unique is to turn it into a creative design, which means no templates. This takes more time, but nevertheless this is an important service a wedding photographer should be able to provide.
Lesson 18 - Marketing Your Studio and ProductsBefore any business, including a photography business, can produce product, there must be the knowledge of whether there's a market for that product and how profitable it might be.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the progression of wedding photography.
- Describe learning the craft of digital wedding photography.
- Describe the wedding photographer's approach.
- Identify workroom and essential equipment.
- Summarize camera style and composition.
- Demonstrate posing the subject.
- Describe group portraits.
- Describe lighting techniques when doing digital wedding photography.
- Summarize preparation and planning.
- Describe the wedding day and what to expect as a wedding photographer.
- Summarize the wedding reception and what to expect as a wedding photographer.
- Summarize techniques on how to make your wedding subjects look great.
- Define the wedding photographer's checklist.
- Describe managing the computer and digital camera.
- Identify wedding photography package ideas.
- Demonstrate designing the wedding album.
- Summarize marketing your studio and products for future wedding photographer clients, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 - The Progression of Wedditing Photography||Exam||5|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 - Learning the Craft of Digital Wedding Photography||Exam||8|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 - The Wedding Photographers Approach||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 - Workroom and Essential Equipment||Exam||6|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 - Camera style and Composition||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 - Posing the Subject||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 - Group Portraits||Exam||7|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 - All About Lighting||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 - Preparation and Planning||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 - The Wedding Day||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Chapter 11 - The Wedding Reception||Exam||8|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 - Changing Your Subjects to Shine||Exam||8|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13 - One Size Doesn't Fit All||Exam||9|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14 - Managing the Computer and Digital Camera||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 15 - Tying Up Loose Ends||Exam||8|
|Lesson 16 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 16 - Let the Images Flow||Exam||9|
|Lesson 17 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 17 - Designing the Wedding Album||Exam||9|
|Lesson 18 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 18 - Marketing Your Studio and Products||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||81|
- Adobe Premiere 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Party Planning 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate$70.001.7 CEUs
- Adobe InDesign 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Digital Photography 101$60.001.7 CEUs
- Special Events Planning 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Event Planning 101$75.000.9 CEUs