Photoshop Elements Version 80 and 90
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Completing tasks with Elements is very simple. For the user that has tried Photoshop and gotten lost in the process of trying to figure it out, or is new to photo editing and wants something simple to understand yet effective, Elements is the answer. It's amazing what Elements lets you do with just a click of a button and, with the help of this course, it won't take you any time at all before you're using the program like an expert.
You'll learn how to:
Ø Upload your photos into Elements.
Ø Organize your photos in albums and catalogs.
Ø Adjust the colors in your photos to make them crisp and clear.
Ø Change the mood of your photos.
Ø Crop and resize photos and images.
Ø Add layers.
Ø Print images.
Ø Create albums, calendars, and other projects.
Ø Save your projects.
Ø Share your photo projects with others. This includes online albums, slideshows, photo emails, and more!
Whether or not you've used Elements before doesn't matter when you take this course. We start out with the very basics of the program and teach you what you need to know. As the course progresses, we'll move into advanced topics, but by then you'll be more than ready to learn them -- and surprised at how easy and fun that using this popular software program can be. By the end of this course, you'll know everything about Elements that you need to know to easily organize, edit, print, and share your photos and images (and everything in between).
* This course will use the interface of Photoshop Elements 8 to teach you how to use this image editing program. This version is not required to complete this training.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Introduction to Photoshop ElementsIf you're a photography enthusiast or have the need to edit photos or graphics, then you'll absolutely love Photoshop Elements 8. This software program is simply a condensed version of the well-known software program Photoshop.
Lesson 2: The Organizer EnvironmentIn this lesson, we're going to discuss the features and options associated with the Organizer environment. Let's start by opening Element and clicking on Organizer on the Welcome Screen.
Lesson 3: Edit ModesElements is a neat software program because it has different interfaces (or environments) for all of its features. In the last lesson, we learned all about the Organizer environment.
Lesson 4: The Basics of ColorThere are two color models in Elements that allow you to set color for your images. The first model is based on the way that the human eye sees color.
Lesson 5: Painting ToolsElements provides several tools to apply and add color. The Paint tools are just an example of these. Paint allows you to add color using brushes, just like you would with a real paint brush.
Lesson 6: Making SelectionsWhen you make a selection, you select part of an image. You can select parts of an image to cut it out, copy it, smooth the edges, anti-alias, and several other options.
Lesson 7: Filling and StrokingWhen you apply a fill to an image, you apply a color, pattern, or gradient to part of or all of the image. Of course, you could do the same thing with a brush, but it is quicker and easier to use a fill on larger areas.
Lesson 8: LayersIf you've never worked with any type of a photo editing program before or have very little experience, the subject of layers may just make you cringe.
Lesson 9: TextUsing Elements, you can also add text to images. This can be fun if you want to be a little creative or even if you need to add text to explain an image.
Lesson 10: Create ShapesUsing Elements, you can draw shapes in your images. Shapes are vector graphics. They are comprised of lines and curves, and they are known by their geometric characteristics instead of by pixels.
Lesson 11: More ToolsThe Sponge tool is used to bring out or mute the color of an object or an area of an image by saturating or desaturating it.
Lesson 12: Lighting, Color, Contrast and ClarityIf you've ever had a photo or an image that was too dark, just had poor color, or even problems with red eye, you can use elements to fix all these problems and more.
Lesson 13: Printing, Sharing, and CreatingWhen you're finished organizing and editing your images, you may want to print them out.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Describe what is photoshop elements.
- Demonstrate the organizer environment.
- Demonstrate edit modes.
- Summarize the basics of color.
- Identify painting tools.
- Demonstrate making selections.
- Demonstrate filling and stroking.
- Identify layers.
- Demonstrate inputting and manipulating text.
- Demonstrate creating shapes.
- Identify more tools.
- Summarize lighting, color, contrast and clarity.
- Demonstrate printing, sharing, and creating, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Introduction to Photoshop Elements||Exam||8|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 2: The Organizer Environment||Exam||11|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 3: Edit Modes||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 4: The Basics of Color||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 5: Painting Tools||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 6: Making Selections||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 7: Filling and Stroking||Exam||8|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 8: Layers||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 9: Text||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 10: Create Shapes||Exam||7|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 11: More Tools||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 12: Lighting, Color, Contrast and Clarity||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 13: Printing, Sharing, and Creating||Exam||10|
- "The entire course taught me everything I needed to learn about and more." -- Naomi B.
- "I learned so much more about Photoshop Elements in this class. The additional information was all good. The assignments emphasized the principles of the class." -- Bethia O.
- "The lessons themselves were greatly illustrated. Your concepts were great. Keep up the good work. Bea" -- BEATRICE H.
- "What was most helpful was learning how to use the different tools available in elements and especially helpful in understanding layering and lighting better." -- Robyn W.
- "This course realy helped me in learning how to navigate through a lot of the hidden elements in Photoshop. The videos at the end of each lesson because it helps me to learn more when hearing something than reading." -- Amy P.
- "Great instructor, terrific course again, thanks." -- Deborah R.
- "Thank You for the instructions." -- A. Jerome B.
- View More Testimonials...