History's Greatest Conspiracies
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
In this course, we will examine some of the most influential conspiracy theories in history, dealing with some of the world's most historic events, such as the NASA Moon Landing, the assassination of John K. Kennedy, the horrific Tuskegee Experiments, top secret government programs, and even the conspiracy behind the Loch Ness Monster.
By its very definition, conspiracy means to form an "agreement" among people. In this case, it is an agreement, usually, to deceive. There are two views of history: an accidental view and a conspiratorial view. In the first view, people do not conspire to affect history. In this view, catastrophes and other monumental events happen as a result of natural forces. In the conspiratorial view, a small group of people exert their power to directly affect an outcome that will increase their power or benefit themselves in other ways.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: The History and Evolution of ConspiraciesThis lesson will discuss the definitions and origins behind a conspiracy theory.
Lesson 2: Moon Landing ConspiraciesEver since the image of a man walking on the moon in 1969 was broadcast to millions of viewers, there are conspiracy theorists who believe that it never happened or, at least, never happened in the way portrayed.
Lesson 3: Roswell UFO CrashIn July of 1947, an incident over the airspace of Roswell, New Mexico, in the southeastern United States, would propel the most famous conspiracy theory on the existence of Unidentified Flying Objects, or UFOs.
Lesson 4: The Philadelphia ExperimentMany of us know famous scientists such as Albert Einstein and inventors such as Thomas Edison, but not many people know much about Nicola Tesla, even though some of his experiments have led to the most ground-breaking discoveries in science.
Lesson 5: The Knights Templar and the Holy GrailThe mystery and conspiracy behind the search for the Holy Grail has been told in countless books and publications over the last two centuries.
Lesson 6: The IlluminatiOn the back of an American one-dollar bill, there is an inscription that reads "Novus Ordo Seclorum," which is Latin for "a new secular order." This inscription, and its imagery, has sparked one of the most elaborate conspiracy theories in history.
Lesson 7: John F. Kennedy's AssassinationThere are very few events in American history that have created as many conspiracy theories as the assassination of the United States' 35th president, John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
Lesson 8: Global WarmingGlobal Warming is one the most misunderstood concepts for many people, especially in the United States, where the topic has become a political issue just as much as a scientific phenomenon.
Lesson 9: Princess Diana Murdered?Diana Spencer, better known as Princess Diana, was arguably one of the public's most adored and beloved members of the British royal family in recent history.
Lesson 10: The Tuskegee ExperimentsOn July 25, 1972, the Washington Evening Star reported, "Syphilis Patients Died Untreated"
Lesson 11: The Loch Ness MonsterFor years, the Loch Ness Monster has been the stuff of stories, tall tales, and even news headlines.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Summarize the history and evolution of conspiracies.
- Summarize moon landing conspiracies.
- Summarize Roswell UFO crash.
- Summarize The Philadelphia Experiment.
- Summarize The Knights Templar and the Holy Grail.
- Summarize The Illuminati.
- Describe Kennedy's Assassination conspiracy theories.
- Summarize global warming conspiracy theories.
- Summarize Princess Diana murder conspiracy.
- Summarize The Tuskegee Experiments.
- Describe The Loch Ness Monster, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 1: The History and Evolution of Conspiracies||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2: Moon Landing Conspiracies||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3: Roswell UFO Crash||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4: The Philadelphia Experiment||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5: The Knights Templar and the Holy Grail||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6: The Illuminati||Exam||7|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7: John F. Kennedy's Assassination||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8: Global Warming||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9: Princess Diana Murdered?||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10: The Tuskegee Experiments||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|The Final Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11: The Loch Ness Monster||Exam||8|
- "Great course!" -- Kyle B.
- "I loved this class!!!!! This class takes your mind to some very unnerving places." -- Lianne S.
- "I felt the instructor was great. I appreciated the personalized comments he provided after I submitted my assignments." -- Sheena J.
- "The instructor is on top of his game and is well versed in the history field. It was a pleasure to work with him." -- Randall M.