Course Syllabus: How to Write Effective Policies and Procedures
with CEU Certificate*
Do your employees have a place where they can find information on everything from what happens to their job if they get sick or injured to whether it is okay if they post work-related photos on their social media pages?
If not, it is time for you to create a policy and procedure manual for your company. In today's rapidly changing business environment, you need a carefully planned policy and procedure manual more than ever. This important book, which can be both in print and online, helps keep you treat your employees in a fair and consistent manner.
Our lessons will guide you in the process of developing an effective policy and procedure manual that reflects the high standards and goals of your company. You will find helpful information for both the large and small organization and for whether you have an existing manual that needs updating or are starting one from scratch.
An effective policy and procedures manual communicates your company's goals and standards of behavior and clarifies your employees' expectations about the way your business runs. When you have these rules in writing, it makes it easier for everyone -- from your top supervisors on down to your part-time employees.
In addition, a carefully worded and up-to-date manual can protect your company from possible legal action and the possibility of employee fraud.
The good news is that you can create this important document in a step-by-step process. Once you have the basic manual in place, regular reviews and revisions will keep it accurate and in line with your growing company.
So, let's get started.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Writing Effective Policy and Procedure Manuals
Lesson 2 How to Begin Your Policy and Procedure Manual
Lesson 3 Working on Policies and Procedures as a Team
Lesson 4 Legal Considerations for Your Policy and Procedure Manual
Lesson 5 Digging Deeper ... Other Legal Consideration for Your Manual
Lesson 6 Secrets to Creating Effective Policy and Procedures
Lesson 7 Doing the Writing for an Effective Policy and Procedure Manual
Lesson 8 Hooking Your Reader
Lesson 9 Making Your Manual Look Good
Lesson 10 The Review Process
Lesson 11 Distributing the New Manual
Lesson 12 Revising and Updating Your Policy and Procedure Manual
All course materials is provided in this class. There is no need to buy additional resources.
Several lessons will be accompanied by a written assignment and a brief quiz . Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Effective Policy Example - Lesson 1 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||20|
|Handling Criticism - Lesson 10 Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||20|
|The Final Exam||60|
- Tips for Creating Effective Policies and Procedures
- How to Hook Your Reader When Writing Policy Procedures
- Your Policy and Procedure Manual Revision and Update
- How to Make Your Policy Manual Look Good
- Why Your Organization Needs a Well Written Policy and Procedure Manual - And How to Create One
- Understanding Employment Laws
- Establish a Client Strategy for the Management Consultant
- How to Perform a Cost Analysis
- The Process Involved in Procurement Management
- Important Business Guides: Job Interview Etiquette
- Management Consultant Guide to Standards Compliance
- How to Portray Etiquette and Professionalism for Your Job Interview
- How to Create Marketing Campaigns Writing Copy
- The Process of Researching A Case Study
- The Relationship Between Consumer Rights and Business Ethics