| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Do you have strong business skills? Can you analyze information and construct a recommendation on a course of action? Do you have good communication, observation and character analysis abilities? Then you could be a good candidate to provide business consulting services.
Organizations of all types – commercial, nonprofit and government – seek outside assistance to enhance their performances. A business consultant can uncover issues, solve problems and determine new opportunities on behalf of your clients. In this course you can learn if this fast-paced, exciting and financially rewarding industry is for you.
We discuss specialized consulting and comprehensive management consulting. You'll learn who the major firms are and how you can become a part of those companies. This course will provide guidance on qualifications and certifications that are required to become a consultant with an existing firm. And we'll show you what you need to start a consulting business.
We'll give you insight into the six phases of problem solving and introduce you to Root Cause Analysis. Included in the course are a discussion of data analysis and an examination of qualitative and quantitative strategies. You will also learn how to conduct a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis.
Finally, we'll cover some important steps to consider when opening a consulting business, and how to attract and retain good paying accounts.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a consultant does and why a company may need one.
- Describe the major skills needed to be a successful business consultant.
- Summarize the various types of consultants out there and determine which type you are.
- Define management consulting and describe the necessary qualifications and certifications.
- Define the SWOT analysis and how to use it to audit an organization.
- Define qualitative analysis.
- Define quantitative analysis.
- Describe the processes involved in creating a consulting business and landing new client accounts, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1: Becoming a ConsultantConsultants are hired by companies, government entities, and nonprofit organizations to help assess their problems, plan their future, or improve operational efficiency and profits.
Lesson 2: Client RelationsTo be successful in your role, you will need to bring more than just your business knowledge or technical expertise to the job; you need to be a master of persuasion.
Lesson 3: Understanding Personal DynamicsYour ability to influence the decision-makers and solve problems will be greatly enhanced by your ability to uncover how the organization's interpersonal relationships are conducted.
Lesson 4: Consulting ProfessionsA consultant can specialize in a particular field or offer expertise that is needed across industry lines.
Lesson 5: Management ConsultingManagement consulting is a comprehensive approach to improving an organization's performance.
Lesson 6: Qualifications and CertificationsGenerally, a college degree likely will be required by most consulting agencies, but it is not always demanded if you possess certain skills that are applicable to the project.
Lesson 7: Problem SolvingOne of the key components to successfully completing a consulting project is problem solving. Problem solving is a tool, a skill, and a process.
Lesson 8: SWOT AnalysisOne of the most used analysis techniques is a model called Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats Analysis (SWOT). SWOT is a tool for auditing an organization and its environment.
Lesson 9: Qualitative AnalysisData analysis is a practice in which raw data is ordered and organized so that useful information can be extracted from it.
Lesson 10: Quantitative AnalysisQuantitative Analysis is a business or financial analysis technique that seeks to understand a client's behavior by using mathematical and statistical modeling, measurement, and research.
Lesson 11: Starting a Consulting BusinessOften a small business owner must coordinate the marketing, planning, financial and management duties, along with the workload of an engagement.
Lesson 12: Getting AccountsEven with the expertise and experience in your chosen field, promoting your consulting business is essential to success.
|Course Title ||: ||Business Consulting 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900052 |
|Course Type ||: ||Professional Development |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $45.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Business Management
- Business Writing Basics We live in world where communication is paramount to survival. In a work environment where communication is equated with the professionalism and efficiency of an individual, would you jeopardize your career because of bad writing? Do you want the embarra...
- Project Management 101 Have you ever been involved in a complex project that just did not go the way you wanted? Often failure is pre-ordained due to the approach to the project. The concept of project management exists because it helps assure completion of a project successfu...
- Business Management 101 Introduction to Business Management The world of business management offers an array of career opportunities unparalleled among income earning possibilities. Industries from mining to waste disposal have management-level positions in many companies. ...
- Business Math 101 This course takes you through an overview of the wonderful world of business mathematics. The course is designed for a person of any age and anywhere in the world. All that is required of the learner are a computer, a connection to the internet, a c...
- Home Business Owning a home business can be one of the most rewarding career moves you will ever make. Not only do you get the freedom of answering only to yourself, but our increasingly Internet-savvy society makes reaching out to worldwide consumers easier than ever...
- Business Analysis 101 How can you make a significant difference in your organization? One way is to be part of a project that improves the company's performance or launches it in a new direction. The business analyst (BA) plays a key role in the development and execution of ...
- Introduction to Six Sigma Six Sigma is a methodology of implementing a highly successful project, or producing a high quality product or service, using techniques and principles that ensure excellence. The Six Sigma methodology incorporates many years of studying best practices i...
- Business Ethics 101 Business ethics is an important part of any industry. Students or managers, unfamiliar with many ethical challenges, behaviors, or regulations will find themselves struggling in business industries that include finance, accounting or human resource manag...
- Small Business Guide Starting and operating a business is a minefield of rules and regulations. The regulations set in the moment you decide to start your own business. You need to get licenses and permits from the authorities. There are restrictions on the type of business ...
- Understanding Business Administration 101 Whether you are already running a business, have yet to start one or have been hired to support a business owner, it is important to know the basics of the business administrative process. This course will trace a path through the inception, setup a...