| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
Introduction to Business Management
The world of business management offers an array of career opportunities unparalleled among income earning possibilities. Industries from mining to waste disposal have management-level positions in many companies. Business management requires a combination of skills and knowledge, coupled with good judgment and leadership qualities. There are several fundamental aspects of operating a business – whether you run your own small business or hold a management position in a national corporation – that a manager should be aware of. Our course takes you through some of the various requirements you may encounter while managing a business.
We begin by examining the various disciplines and levels in business management and give you hints on how to get a management job in your company. In lesson 2 we cover areas of financial management such as types of capital, debt and equity financing alternatives, a business plan and a budget. Lesson 3 deals with legal and regulatory compliance issues. Human resources and personnel issues are discussed in Lesson 4.
Sales management fundamentals – the sales cycle, customer relationships and pricing – make up lesson 5. We examine the marketing functions (lesson 6) right after sales functions because the two disciplines work hand-in-hand to drive business. Lesson 7 covers some key accounting principles and practices. Inventory control techniques make up Lesson 8, focusing on the role of inventory control, the processes involved and control mechanisms used.
Lesson 9 "Taxes and Your Business Organization" delves into types of organization and some key business tax requirements. Order fulfillment follows the purchase from sales inquiry to delivery in Lesson 10, and explains how fulfillment is important to customer relationships. We finish with lesson 11 explaining the importance and function of information technology. Once completed, you will have a basic understanding of how to manage a business.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic functions needed to run a business.
- Describe financial management systems within a business.
- Describe personnel management within a business.
- Summarize sales management within a business.
- Describe common marketing practices within a business.
- Describe the accounting principles of a business.
- Describe inventory control, fulfillment, taxes, and organization of a business.
- Describe the critical role of Information Technology in a business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1 : Business BasicsChoosing a Business
Your Career Path,
Self-Employment or Employee,
Large vs. Small,
The Independent Contractor,
Opening Your Doors:
Now You Need Customers
Lesson 2 : Financial ManagementCapital:
Discounts / Returns
Lesson 3 : Legal and Regulatory ComplianceLegal:
Legal Issues vs. Ethical Issues
Interstate / International Regulation
Lesson 4 : Personnel ManagementHiring
Hired – Now What?
Lesson 5 : Sales ManagementSales Cycle:
Lesson 6 : Marketing PracticesMass Marketing :
Building a Brand
Lesson 7 : Accounting PrinciplesAccounting:
Do It Yourself,
Should You Hire an Accountant?
Lesson 8 : Inventory ControlManagement:
Lesson 9 : Taxes and Your Business OrganizationIt's Tax Time!,
Get a Professional
Lesson 10 : FulfillmentFulfillment/Delivery:
Completing the Order,
Lesson 11 : Information TechnologyLesson 11: Information Technology
|Course Title ||: ||Business Management 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||7550322 |
|Course Type ||: ||Entrepreneurial |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $45.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Business
- Kinesics 101 - Learn to Read Body Language Reading Body Language, Using it to Your Advantage H aving the ability to read body language can go a long way in helping you throughout your life. You can learn to understand the cues, or signs, that people show when they tell a lie, or when they are ...
- Anger Management 101 If you have been at the mercy of the negative consequences that result from mishandled anger, Anger Management 101 will provide relief. This insightful course is filled with both practical wisdom and application that will end the anger trap for good. ...
- Effective Communication 101 Communication influences all factors of your life. From daily interactions with strangers on the street to the way you present yourself in the board room, the way you communicate is a reflection of who you are and the way you establish relationships with...
- Time Management 101 Managing time effectively is fundamental to success. It also factors into achieving balance in our lives. Today, we're busier than ever--at work and at home. Having enough time for things that are important, things we want or need to do, or even to have ...
- Business Writing Basics We live in a world where communication is paramount to survival. In a work environment where communication is equated with the professionalism and efficiency of an individual, would you jeopardize your career because of bad writing? Do you want the embar...
- Dealing With Difficult People Dealing with a difficult or toxic personality can be damaging both emotionally and physically, particularly if the person is your boss or sitting in the cubicle right next to you. Confronting those who compromise your comfort and job security can be very...
- Human Resources Management 101 Many professionals who enter into the world of human resources quickly believe that they will succeed in their new found field simply because they have a knack for relating with people from all walks of life. While having good people skills is certainly ...
- Confidence Building 101 This course on building self-confidence reaches beyond the standard self-help program by addressing the core issues surrounding confidence problems and exploring how to reprogram our brain‘s negative self-talk. Based on the concept that we come int...
- How to Write a Grant Proposal Did you realize that you are most probably an experienced grant writer already? NO , you say, I've never written a grant in my life before -- but you have. Most people out there have asked somebody, at some time, for something in writing (one way ...
- Negotiation Skills In order to be effective at any business endeavor learning how to negotiate properly is not simply a nice skill to have, it has become an essential requirement in career advancement. This course will teach you what you need to know in order to become acc...
- Assertiveness Training 101 The ability to be assertive is difficult. Because most people do not want to be perceived as selfish, demanding, hostile, stubborn or just plain hard to get along with, they allow others to take advantage of them or they do more than is necessary or requ...
- Customer Service 101 Good customer service is not about satisfying the cu stomer, it is about wowing the customer! It's about making the customer walk in, do business, and walk out again absolutely stunned that their transaction was so enjoyable. Customer service is a ...
- Listening Skills 101 Did you know that there is a difference in hearing and listening? There is! Have you ever been told that you just don't listen? Most people have at some point in their life, so you probably have experienced it as well. But the problem is that good listen...
- Project Management 101 Have you ever been involved in a complex project that just did not go the way you wanted? Often failure is pre-ordained due to the approach to the project. The concept of project management exists because it helps assure completion of a project successfu...
- Leadership and Supervision 101 The idea of leadership is one that seems to constantly change. What was once valued in a leader in past centuries, is no longer valued in our modern era. So then, how do we define leadership? And is leadership the same as supervision ? In this Lead...
- Home Business Owning a home business can be one of the most rewarding career moves you will ever make. Not only do you get the freedom of answering only to yourself, but our increasingly Internet-savvy society makes reaching out to worldwide consumers easier than ever...
- Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing There you are, cold-calling yet another sales prospect. Your verbal pitch is pure gold; your prospect is attentive--interested--and seems ready to buy. But just as you're about to close the deal, you hear that eternal refrain: Send me something ...
- Conflict Resolution 101 Conflict Resolution: In the Workplace and Beyond Did you know that a little conflict in your office today can shut down your entire operation tomorrow? That is no exaggeration! Workplace conflict costs. It starts by reducing productivity and employee h...
- ABCs of Technical Writing Technical writing is the art and science of translating technical information into readable, accessible writing usable by a wide audience. If you have ever read the user's manual for a piece of software or equipment you've purchased, you've seen technica...
- Freelance Writing 101 If you have ever dreamed of being a freelance writer this course is for you. Get started today learning about this exciting field and in no time you can be on your way to earning a living, extra income, and more, by doing something that you love – ...
- How to Write a Business Plan 101 Most CPAs will tell you that the number one mistake people make in starting a new business is that they fail to write a business plan. Without a written set of plans and directions, a new business will struggle on many levels. You may start out doing wel...
- Internet Marketing Basics Today's business marketing efforts require an internet presence, an active campaign and a steady attention to the details of your company's internet marketing efforts. Don't let your company get left behind in the marketplace of ideas and sales. Universa...
- How to Start and Run an Online Business How to Start and Run an Online Business is an online course that is organized into 16 different sections to help you understand how to create an online business, even if you don't have any online business experience. From the basics of learning how to ...
- Resume Writing 101 One of the most important and intimidating steps in the job search process is writing a solid resume that gets the attention you want and need. Unfortunately, many job seekers get overwhelmed before they even get started. The result is poorly-written res...
- Mediation 101 The individual who pursues a career as a mediator can look forward to a job that is personally satisfying and financially rewarding. With its emphasis on fairness and cooperation, this career is an ideal choice for those who are empathetic and want to ...
- Effective Presentations Speaking in front of a group of people is one of the most common fears people experience. In fact, it may be more feared than death...or even spiders . Yet being able to present ourselves, our companies, our ideas and products to others is one of the mos...
- Team Management 101 Team Management Is -- Designing & Developing a Team Committed to a Common Purpose No man will ever make a great leader who wants to do it all by himself or to get all the credit for doing it. (Andrew Carnegie) 'Managing' used to be just tellin...
- Diversity Training 101 Diversity training is not a new concept, but one that many organizations have been implementing into their training programs. The idea is that when employees are exposed to a variety of different cultures, individuals with different sexual preferences an...
- MS Publisher 2010 Microsoft Publisher 2010 is a desktop publishing software program that comes with the Microsoft Office suite. While Microsoft Word is a word processing program, Microsoft Publisher is used for page layout and design. You can use Publisher to create brochu...
- Healthy Relationships 101 Whether you are in a new or long term romantic relationship, a busy student working with other colleagues, parents struggling to form a connection with your children, or a business person needing to form a relationship of trust with the employer--relatio...
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service Today's consumers have a variety of options for shopping, obtaining services and getting the help they need. They can use catalogs, the mail, the Internet and face-to-face contact, yet telephone customer service is still the first choice for most custome...
- Persuasion 101: Learn How to Persuade Have you ever purchased something or agreed with someone and wondered later what made you give in so easily? Do you want to learn how to give a persuasive presentation by yourself? This course offers a blend of the science and the art of persuasion...
- Employment Law Fundamentals 101 Learn the basics of Employment Law , the potential pitfalls, and ways to keep yourself out of court so that you can grow your business by hiring, evaluating, and managing employees. This course will discuss all the necessary information you need to kno...
- Travel Writing 101 Travel writing is a fun, interesting and fulfilling career. If your goal is to become a full-time travel writer who is able to live off your income from writing alone, it is important to understand that travel writing, like any other career, requires you...
- Microsoft Project 2007 Microsoft Project 2007 is a project management software that helps project managers better structure, organize, and plan for all their projects. This includes budgets, tasks, resources, assignments, and everything in between. It can create critical pat...
- Motivational and Public Speaking 101 Public and Motivational speaking is often a cause for anxiety for millions of people, and it need not be. With the proper preparation, knowledge, and mindset, you can become an extremely effective public speaker. Public and motivational speakers are in...
- Marketing for Small Business 101 Marketing for the 21 st century small business is more dynamic and more challenging than ever before in the course of history. The world has simultaneously opened up and yet niched closed in many ways. Today's businesses are challenged by a couple of ...
- Customer Relationship Management 101 Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the client or customer gets out of it. (Peter Drucker) We are exposed to customer service (of one kind or another) at least once a day, every day of the week, fifty-two weeks ...
- Small Business Guide Starting and operating a business is a minefield of rules and regulations. The regulations set in the moment you decide to start your own business. You need to get licenses and permits from the authorities. There are restrictions on the type of business ...
- Workers' Compensation 101 Since as far back as Ancient Greece and Rome, there has been a system in place in all civilized societies to compensate those individuals who have become injured or disabled due to a work-related accident. The laws and regulations governing what is known...
- Mastering Sales Skills 101 Sales are the lifeblood of any business. Every business transaction you have from buying milk at the grocery store to buying your house or investing in new products and services involves sales. Mastering Sales Skills: How to be a Successful Salesperson ...
- Workplace Safety 101 This course focuses on workplace safety, health, and inspection. Throughout this course you will learn what workplace safety is, why it is important and how it affects a business. Common areas of workplace safety are discussed, including office safety...
- Marketing Outreach Marketing a company's products and services to potential and existing customers is not only necessary, but a key ingredient to growing sales. Outreach marketing is the facet of marketing in which a company representative actively seeks out potential lead...
- Public Relations 101 Public relations can contribute immensely to the success of a business large or small. In short, it is a message, an image, a story or a brand, that is vital to communicate and can grow a business. A solid and well thought out public relations plan can...
- Retail Business 101 The idea of running one's own business is the dream of hundreds of thousands of Americans. The reasons for opening your own business are myriad; to be your own boss, to set your own hours, to do what you want to do, to provide a product or service where ...
- Writing Effective Persuasion 101 Do you hear stirring speeches that inspire to go out and take to heart what the speaker was talking about? Do you wonder how some people can sell nearly anything simply by how they talk? If you do, then chances are you are wondering about being persuasiv...
- Business Credit 101 Business Credit 101 provides potential and current business owners with the necessary knowledge to successfully use credit within their business. There are many reasons why business operators rely on credit to maximize their business potential, but it ...
- Creating an Effective Sales Team Every small business owner or new entrepreneur knows that the success of their company will depend largely on the effectiveness of their sales team. After all, if you are not selling something, then you can hardly call yourself in business since business...
- Photoshop Elements 101 Adobe Elements 11 is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers wi...
- Call Center Management 101 Customer relationships are the cornerstone of every business. Businesses today require considerable communication to ensure high quality customer care from the beginning to the end of a sale. Call centers are significant in creating and maintaining succe...
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk 101 A Help Desk is usually not a profit-generating department within a company. It is, for many organizations, a necessary expense, but it can add a significant amount of value to a company in a variety of ways. In order for your Help Desk to add this valu...
- Adobe Photoshop 101 This course will teach you everything you need to know to make full use of the world's most popular graphics editing program -- Adobe Photoshop CS6. Adobe Photoshop CS6 is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. It has become a m...