Interior Decorating Made Easy
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
have taken this course
Have you always wanted to learn the basic decorating principles and techniques without having to attend an interior design school? Interior Decorating Made Easy will give you a quick and easy overview of the design process. You'll learn the principles of design -- color, texture, scale and balance and how to apply them to any room or a whole house. Best of all you can take the class online when and where it's most convenient for your schedule.
This class was developed for those of us who can feel overwhelmed with trying to create the perfect room for our lifestyle. There is no wrong or right way of doing things when it comes to personal style just as long as it's pleasing to you so forget your fears of 'design police' evaluating you. The lesson content provides a framework in which to start redecorating or decorating and the general knowledge about the basics of interior design that you can easily learn and put into practice.Even if you're not a born decorator, this course will help you gain confidence in the development of your personal style.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Interior DecoratingBrief overview of styles, line, balance, harmony and rhythm, colors, fabrics, lighting, and plans.
Lesson 2: Elements of DesignBasics of elements: theme, scale and proportion, balance, harmony and rhythm, focus, and lighting.
Lesson 3: Decorating StylesAn overview of styles.
Lesson 4: FlooringFlooring selections.
Lesson 5: Walls and CeilingsWall and ceiling treatments.
Lesson 6: Windows and Window TreatmentsCurtains, drapes, shades, blinds, shutters, and other window treatments.
Lesson 7: FurnitureFurniture styles.
Lesson 8: AccessoriesAccessorizing a space.
Lesson 9: Rules and MythsSome decorating myths and rules.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Interior Decorating Made EasyCourse Number: 8900304Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 0.8 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: interiordecorating.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Nancy FillipSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe elements of design.
- Define decorating styles.
- Describe types of flooring to consider when designing.
- Describe methods for decorating walls and ceilings.
- Describe techniques for decorating windows and window treatments.
- Describe ways to decorate with furniture.
- Summarize rules and myths when decorating a home, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Elements of Design Assignment 100 Lesson 1: Assignment Assignment 10 Lesson 1 Exam Exam 50 What Do You Think? Assignment 100 Lesson 2: Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 2 Exam Exam 50 Lesson 3: Assignment A Assignment 20 Lesson 3: Assignment B Assignment 10 Lesson 3: Exam Exam 50 Lesson 4: Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 4: Exam Exam 50 Walls and Ceilings Assignment 100 Lesson 5: Exam Exam 50 Lesson 6: Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 6: Exam Exam 50 Style of Furniture Assignment 100 Lesson 7: Exam Exam 45 Lesson 8: Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 8: Exam Exam 40 Rules and Myths Assignment 100 Final Assignment Assignment 10 Total Points: 1015
- "For anyone considering interior decorating, this is a good inexpensive way to get a feel for what you will be facing going in. This is a good course and I enjoyed it. As an person that has been decorating without any formal education in this field, I learned a few things that I did not know from this course." -- Cheryl E.
- "How to find out my decorating style is the most helpful in this course. Very excited." -- Pungkiarti W.
- "I liked how quickly my instructor answered my emails and returned my graded items. I also found the links and pictures provided were extremely helpful in further grasping the ideas of the lesson....I had a lot of fun taking this, and it was really helpful. I have my notes from all of the lessons, and I am really excited to start doing projects using them. The instructor was awesome and I liked the personal feedback she provided. Thank you so much, I will definitely be taking another one!" -- Megan S.