- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
0.8 CEUs :: 8 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Have you always wanted to learn the basic decorating principles and techniques without having to attend an interior design school? Interior Decorating Made Easy will give you a quick and easy overview of the design process. You'll learn the principles of design -- color, texture, scale and balance and how to apply them to any room or a whole house. Best of all you can take the class online when and where it's most convenient for your schedule.
This class was developed for those of us who can feel overwhelmed with trying to create the perfect room for our lifestyle. There is no wrong or right way of doing things when it comes to personal style just as long as it's pleasing to you so forget your fears of 'design police' evaluating you. The lesson content provides a framework in which to start redecorating or decorating and the general knowledge about the basics of interior design that you can easily learn and put into practice.
Even if you're not a born decorator, this course will help you gain confidence in the development of your personal style.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Interior DecoratingBrief overview of styles, line, balance, harmony and rhythm, colors, fabrics, lighting, and plans.
Lesson 2: Elements of DesignBasics of elements: theme, scale and proportion, balance, harmony and rhythm, focus, and lighting.
Lesson 3: Decorating StylesAn overview of styles.
Lesson 4: FlooringFlooring selections.
Lesson 5: Walls and CeilingsWall and ceiling treatments.
Lesson 6: Windows and Window TreatmentsCurtains, drapes, shades, blinds, shutters, and other window treatments.
Lesson 7: FurnitureFurniture styles.
Lesson 8: AccessoriesAccessorizing a space.
Lesson 9: Rules and MythsSome decorating myths and rules.
Average Lesson Rating: (193 votes)
8 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Interior Decorating Made Easy
Course Number: 8900304
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: How To
CEU Value: 0.8 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: interiordecorating.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Nancy Fillip
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Course Review: Read Editorial Review
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $45.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $70.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe elements of design.
- Define decorating styles.
- Describe types of flooring to consider when designing.
- Describe methods for decorating walls and ceilings.
- Describe techniques for decorating windows and window treatments.
- Describe ways to decorate with furniture.
- Summarize rules and myths when decorating a home, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Elements of Design||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 1: Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||50|
|What Do You Think?||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 2: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||50|
|Lesson 3: Assignment A||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3: Assignment B||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3: Exam||Exam||50|
|Lesson 4: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4: Exam||Exam||50|
|Walls and Ceilings||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 5: Exam||Exam||50|
|Lesson 6: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6: Exam||Exam||50|
|Style of Furniture||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 7: Exam||Exam||45|
|Lesson 8: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8: Exam||Exam||40|
|Rules and Myths||Assignment||100|
- Housekeeping 101$75.000.6 CEUs
- Wedding Planning 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Cake Decorating 101$60.001.4 CEUs
- Etiquette 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Introduction to Gardening$60.001.1 CEUs
- Etiquette for Children and Teens$55.001.0 CEUs
- Interior Design 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Catering 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Special Events Planning 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Home Inspection 101$70.001.6 CEUs
- Landscaping 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Wedding Crafts and Projects$60.000.6 CEUs
- Event Planning 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Professional Organizer Training$80.001.0 CEUs
- Clutter Control 101$60.000.7 CEUs
- How to Prepare, Stage and Sell Your Home$60.000.7 CEUs