Interior Decorating Made Easy
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
0Studentshave taken this course
Have you always wanted to learn the basic decorating principles and techniques without having to attend an interior design school? Interior Decorating Made Easy will give you a quick and easy overview of the design process. You'll learn the principles of design -- color, texture, scale and balance and how to apply them to any room or a whole house. Best of all you can take the class online when and where it's most convenient for your schedule.
This class was developed for those of us who can feel overwhelmed with trying to create the perfect room for our lifestyle. There is no wrong or right way of doing things when it comes to personal style just as long as it's pleasing to you so forget your fears of 'design police' evaluating you. The lesson content provides a framework in which to start redecorating or decorating and the general knowledge about the basics of interior design that you can easily learn and put into practice.
Even if you're not a born decorator, this course will help you gain confidence in the development of your personal style.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Request More Information
Have a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Interior DecoratingBrief overview of styles, line, balance, harmony and rhythm, colors, fabrics, lighting, and plans.
Lesson 2: Elements of DesignBasics of elements: theme, scale and proportion, balance, harmony and rhythm, focus, and lighting.
Lesson 3: Decorating StylesAn overview of styles.
Lesson 4: FlooringFlooring selections.
Lesson 5: Walls and CeilingsWall and ceiling treatments.
Lesson 6: Windows and Window TreatmentsCurtains, drapes, shades, blinds, shutters, and other window treatments.
Lesson 7: FurnitureFurniture styles.
Lesson 8: AccessoriesAccessorizing a space.
Lesson 9: Rules and MythsSome decorating myths and rules.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Interior Decorating Made Easy
Course Number: 8900304
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: How To
CEU Value: 0.8 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: interiordecorating.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Nancy Fillip
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Course Review: Read Editorial Review
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $45.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $70.00
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe elements of design.
- Define decorating styles.
- Describe types of flooring to consider when designing.
- Describe methods for decorating walls and ceilings.
- Describe techniques for decorating windows and window treatments.
- Describe ways to decorate with furniture.
- Summarize rules and myths when decorating a home, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Elements of Design||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 1: Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||50|
|What Do You Think?||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 2: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||50|
|Lesson 3: Assignment A||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3: Assignment B||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3: Exam||Exam||50|
|Lesson 4: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4: Exam||Exam||50|
|Walls and Ceilings||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 5: Exam||Exam||50|
|Lesson 6: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6: Exam||Exam||50|
|Style of Furniture||Assignment||100|
|Lesson 7: Exam||Exam||45|
|Lesson 8: Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8: Exam||Exam||40|
|Rules and Myths||Assignment||100|
- "For anyone considering interior decorating, this is a good inexpensive way to get a feel for what you will be facing going in. This is a good course and I enjoyed it. As an person that has been decorating without any formal education in this field, I learned a few things that I did not know from this course." -- Cheryl E.
- "How to find out my decorating style is the most helpful in this course. Very excited." -- Pungkiarti W.
- "I liked how quickly my instructor answered my emails and returned my graded items. I also found the links and pictures provided were extremely helpful in further grasping the ideas of the lesson....I had a lot of fun taking this, and it was really helpful. I have my notes from all of the lessons, and I am really excited to start doing projects using them. The instructor was awesome and I liked the personal feedback she provided. Thank you so much, I will definitely be taking another one!" -- Megan S.