Online Class: Basic Math 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Fear fractions no more. And learn whether to add first or multiply first in a string of operations. Whether you are struggling with basic math functions in a course today, you are taking a new job that demands understanding of math, or you simply need to review or remember some part of basic math, this course will bring you up to speed. Learn to really understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; know how to calculate and move among decimals, fractions, and percents; figure out ratios and proportions like a pro; and learn to use a calculator for basic math functions.
This course deals with the nuts and bolts of Math. Students will become equipped with a solid foundation of the mathematical tools required to solve more complex mathematical operations. This course would benefit any student (regardless of age) who requires help understanding basic math skills in order to pass a placement test, a course, a specific job, or a review or brush up on math skills.No previous education is required though understanding lesson material assumes students at least have a 7th grade reading level. Lessons will focus on the steps involved in adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing as well as the order of operations. In addition this course will focus on the various forms of numbers such as fractions, decimals, percents, radical signs, absolute value signs exponents, ratios.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 : Numbers and TerminologyThis lesson focuses on numbers and terminology, such as digits, place values, and variables.
Lesson 2 - AdditionThis lesson focuses on addition, both simple and carrying.
Lesson 3 : SubtractionThis lesson covers subtraction, both basic and borrowing.
Lesson 4 : MultiplicationThis lesson focuses on multiplication, including both single and multiple digits.
Lesson 5 - DivisionThis lesson covers division, including grouping, facts, and single and multiplier divisors.
Lesson 6 : Signs used in Operations - Positive and Negative NumbersThis lesson focuses on signs used in operations, including positive and negative numbers.
Lesson 7 - Operations and PropertiesThis lesson looks at operations and properties, including closure, and order of operations.
Lesson 8 - FractionsThis lesson focuses on fractions, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Lesson 9 - Decimals/The Decimal Number SystemThis lesson focuses on decimals, including moving them, converting fractions, adding and subtracting, etc.
Lesson 10 - PercentsThis lesson focuses on using percents, including converting.
Lesson 11 - Other OperationsThis lesson looks at other operations, including rounding, estimating, exponents, powers, etc.
Lesson 12 - Calculators: Using a CalculatorThis final lesson focuses on correctly using a calculator.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Basic Math 101Course Number: 7550572Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: High School LevelCEU Value: 1.7 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsInstructor: Jeff ClarkSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize numbers and basic terminology.
- Solve addition problems.
- Solve subtraction problems.
- Solve multiplication problems.
- Solve division problems.
- Solve problems involving positive and negative numbers.
- Solve fraction problems.
- Solve decimal problems.
- Solve percent problems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1 Assignment: Identifying Numbers Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 1 - Numbers and Terminology Exam 10 Lesson 2 Assignment: Practicing Addition Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 2 - Addition Exam 10 Lesson 3 Assignment: Subtraction Practice Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 3 - Subtraction Exam 10 Lesson 4 Assignment: Multiplication Exercises Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 4 : Multiplication Exam 10 Lesson 5 Assignment: Division Practice Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 5 - Division Exam 10 Lesson 6 Assignment: Practice with Signs Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 6 - Signs used in Operations – Positive and Negative Numbers Exam 10 Lesson 7 Assignment: Order of Operation Problems Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 7 - Operations and Properties Exam 8 Lesson 8 Assignment: Practice with Fractions Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 8 - Fractions Exam 10 Lesson 9 Assignment: Decimal Practice Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 9 - Decimals/The Decimal Number System Exam 9 Lesson 10 Assignment: Practicing Percents Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 10 - Percents Exam 10 Lesson 11 Assignment: Practicing Other Operations Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 11 - Other Operations Exam 10 Lesson 12 Assignment: Using the Calculator Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 12 - Calculators : Using a Calculator Exam 9 The Final Exam Exam 116 Total Points: 477
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / each consecutive month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "I really found the combination of written materials and video content and class e-mail, as well as the netlinks and study exercises, to be the most helpful....I really found the combination of written materials and video content and class e-mail, as well as the netlinks and study exercises, to be the most helpful." -- Wilson M.
- "The precentage was very helpful learning how to divide and multiply with precentages helped me with the steps....The precentage was very helpful learning how to divide and multiply with precentages helped me with the steps." -- Dorothea B.
- "The videos were most helpful....The videos were most helpful." -- Suzette N.
- "The instructor is very good....The instructor is very good." -- Ruth D.
- "Fast feedback!...Fast feedback!" -- Cynthia S.
- "I really struggled with fractions and the instructor was very helpful in his responses to my wrong answers. I was able to go back and review the lesson and see my mistakes....I felt the instructor did an excellent job in explaining my wrong answers. If he could have added an extra help link and maybe retake or take a new test after visiting those links I would feel more confident....I felt the instructor did an excellent job in explaining my wrong answers. If he could have added an extra help link and maybe retake or take a new test after visiting those links I would feel more confident." -- Mary Beth R.
- "This course explained everything very clearly; it was awesome!...This course explained everything very clearly; it was awesome!" -- Haley G.
- View More Testimonials...