with CEU Certificate
Fear fractions no more. And learn whether to add first or multiply first in a string of operations. Whether you are struggling with basic math functions in a course today, you are taking a new job that demands understanding of math, or you simply need to review or remember some part of basic math, this course will bring you up to speed. Learn to really understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; know how to calculate and move among decimals, fractions, and percents; figure out ratios and proportions like a pro; and learn to use a calculator for basic math functions.
This course deals with the nuts and bolts of Math. Students will become equipped with a solid foundation of the mathematical tools required to solve more complex mathematical operations. This course would benefit any student (regardless of age) who requires help understanding basic math skills in order to pass a placement test, a course, a specific job, or a review or brush up on math skills.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 : Numbers and TerminologyThis lesson focuses on numbers and terminology, such as digits, place values, and variables.
Lesson 2 - AdditionThis lesson focuses on addition, both simple and carrying.
Lesson 3 : SubtractionThis lesson covers subtraction, both basic and borrowing.
Lesson 4 : MultiplicationThis lesson focuses on multiplication, including both single and multiple digits.
Lesson 5 - DivisionThis lesson covers division, including grouping, facts, and single and multiplier divisors.
Lesson 6 : Signs used in Operations - Positive and Negative NumbersThis lesson focuses on signs used in operations, including positive and negative numbers.
Lesson 7 - Operations and PropertiesThis lesson looks at operations and properties, including closure, and order of operations.
Lesson 8 - FractionsThis lesson focuses on fractions, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Lesson 9 - Decimals/The Decimal Number SystemThis lesson focuses on decimals, including moving them, converting fractions, adding and subtracting, etc.
Lesson 10 - PercentsThis lesson focuses on using percents, including converting.
Lesson 11 - Other OperationsThis lesson looks at other operations, including rounding, estimating, exponents, powers, etc.
Lesson 12 - Calculators: Using a CalculatorThis final lesson focuses on correctly using a calculator.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize numbers and basic terminology.
- Solve addition problems.
- Solve subtraction problems.
- Solve multiplication problems.
- Solve division problems.
- Solve problems involving positive and negative numbers.
- Solve fraction problems.
- Solve decimal problems.
- Solve percent problems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Identifying Numbers||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 1 - Numbers and Terminology||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Practicing Addition||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 2 - Addition||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Subtraction Practice||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 3 - Subtraction||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Multiplication Exercises||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 4 : Multiplication||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Division Practice||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 5 - Division||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Practice with Signs||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 6 - Signs used in Operations – Positive and Negative Numbers||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Order of Operation Problems||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 7 - Operations and Properties||Exam||8|
|Lesson 8 Assignment: Practice with Fractions||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 8 - Fractions||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Decimal Practice||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 9 - Decimals/The Decimal Number System||Exam||9|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: Practicing Percents||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 10 - Percents||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment: Practicing Other Operations||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 11 - Other Operations||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment: Using the Calculator||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 12 - Calculators : Using a Calculator||Exam||9|
|The Final Exam||Exam||116|
- Algebra 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level$110.003.0 CEUs
- Pre-Algebra 101$75.001.4 CEUs
- Geometry 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level$110.001.4 CEUs
- GED Test Preparation$150.003.7 CEUs
- Statistics 101$120.003.5 CEUs
- Precalculus 101$110.003.5 CEUs
- Basic Math 101$75.002.1 CEUs
- ABCs of Algebra$75.003.0 CEUs
- Math All-In-One (Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry Review)$110.003.5 CEUs
- ABCs of Geometry$75.001.3 CEUs
- Applied Statistics 101$95.003.5 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs