Online Class: Geography 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
This course covers the way humans create order by drawing maps and creating areas that we can recognize. You'll learn how mapmakers divided the oceans and why. The lessons will touch on how culture and experience influence the way people map the world.
Once you have finished this course, you'll find yourself looking at the world with a whole new perspective!
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: What is Geography?Geography is the study of our planet's surface. In this lesson we will discuss the scientific theories about how the Earth formed.
Lesson 2: Oceans, Rivers, and LakesMost of the Earth's surface is covered with water.
Lesson 3: Continents and IslandsWhile most of our planet is covered with water, continents and islands are landforms.
Lesson 4: Mountains and ValleysThis lesson will describe how mountains and valley are formed.
Lesson 5: How the Wind Affects LandformsWind affects all landforms differently depending on climate and terrain.
Lesson 6: How Water Affects LandformsIn this lesson, we will talk about the effects of water on geographic landforms.
Lesson 7: Plate TectonicsTectonic plates float around the surface of the Earth's mantle.
Lesson 8: The Effect of Plants and Animals on LandformsIn this lesson we will discuss the impact of animals and plants on landforms.
Lesson 9: How People Affect the Geography of the PlanetEver since people began to farm the land and create permanent homes, humans have made very striking changes to the landscape.
Lesson 10: How People Divide the PlanetPeople divide the earth in many ways including latitude and longitude, continents, countries and states.
Lesson 11: Using a MapUnless you are using a GPS in your car, a map can give you directions and the mileage to your destination.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Define geography.
- Describe oceans, rivers, and lakes.
- Describe continents and islands.
- Describe mountains and valleys.
- Describe how the wind affects landforms.
- Describe how water affects landforms.
- Summarize plate tectonics.
- Describe the effect of plants and animals on landforms.
- How People Affect the Geography of the Planet
- Describe how people divide the planet.
- Describe using a map, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1, Assignment One||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Exam:What is Geography?||Exam||90|
|Lesson 2, Assignment One||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 2 Exam:Oceans, Rivers, and Lakes||Exam||100|
|Lesson 3, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 3 Exam:Continents and Islands||Exam||90|
|Lesson 4, Assignment One||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4 Exam:Mountains and Valleys||Exam||90|
|Lesson 5, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 5 Exam:How the Wind Affects Landforms||Exam||100|
|Lesson 6, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 6 Exam:How Water Affects Landforms||Exam||100|
|Lesson 7, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Plate Tectonics||Exam||100|
|Lesson 8, Assignment One||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 8 Exam: The Effect of Plants and Animals on Landforms||Exam||100|
|Lesson 9, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 9 Exam: How People Affect the Geography of the Planet||Exam||100|
|Lesson 10, Assignment One||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 10 Exam: How People Divide the Planet||Exam||70|
|Lesson 11, Assignment One||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Using a Map||Exam||80|
|The Final Exam||Exam||490|
- "The video at the end of the lesson was a very helpful tool." -- Grace L.
- "This was the first real online course I had ever taken, and it was an excellent experience. The advantage of being able to learn from home, as opposed to having to go to a certain place and classroom for a set meeting time, truly paid off. I would strongly recommend online classes for those people who spend most of their day working and can't always attend a place of instruction and need to be able to learn in their spare time." -- Jeff N.
- "The instructor has always been very encouraging to me without being critical when I fell short of the mark." -- Ruby T.
- "Everything was GREAT." -- Thomas E.
- "The instructor was very good!" -- Jewel B.
- "My instructor was very supportive and responded in a timely manner. She met my pace. What was most helpful was the text, reference material, and feedback." -- Nina F.