with CEU Certificate*
This course covers the way humans create order by drawing maps and creating areas that we can recognize. You'll learn how mapmakers divided the oceans and why. The lessons will touch on how culture and experience influence the way people map the world.
Once you have finished this course, you'll find yourself looking at the world with a whole new perspective!
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: What is Geography?Geography is the study of our planet's surface. In this lesson we will discuss the scientific theories about how the Earth formed.
Lesson 2: Oceans, Rivers, and LakesMost of the Earth's surface is covered with water.
Lesson 3: Continents and IslandsWhile most of our planet is covered with water, continents and islands are landforms.
Lesson 4: Mountains and ValleysThis lesson will describe how mountains and valley are formed.
Lesson 5: How the Wind Affects LandformsWind affects all landforms differently depending on climate and terrain.
Lesson 6: How Water Affects LandformsIn this lesson, we will talk about the effects of water on geographic landforms.
Lesson 7: Plate TectonicsTectonic plates float around the surface of the Earth's mantle.
Lesson 8: The Effect of Plants and Animals on LandformsIn this lesson we will discuss the impact of animals and plants on landforms.
Lesson 9: How People Affect the Geography of the PlanetEver since people began to farm the land and create permanent homes, humans have made very striking changes to the landscape.
Lesson 10: How People Divide the PlanetPeople divide the earth in many ways including latitude and longitude, continents, countries and states.
Lesson 11: Using a MapUnless you are using a GPS in your car, a map can give you directions and the mileage to your destination.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define geography.
- Describe oceans, rivers, and lakes.
- Describe continents and islands.
- Describe mountains and valleys.
- Describe how the wind affects landforms.
- Describe how water affects landforms.
- Summarize plate tectonics.
- Describe the effect of plants and animals on landforms.
- How People Affect the Geography of the Planet
- Describe how people divide the planet.
- Describe using a map, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1, Assignment One||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Exam:What is Geography?||Exam||90|
|Lesson 2, Assignment One||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 2 Exam:Oceans, Rivers, and Lakes||Exam||100|
|Lesson 3, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 3 Exam:Continents and Islands||Exam||90|
|Lesson 4, Assignment One||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4 Exam:Mountains and Valleys||Exam||90|
|Lesson 5, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 5 Exam:How the Wind Affects Landforms||Exam||100|
|Lesson 6, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 6 Exam:How Water Affects Landforms||Exam||100|
|Lesson 7, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Plate Tectonics||Exam||100|
|Lesson 8, Assignment One||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 8 Exam: The Effect of Plants and Animals on Landforms||Exam||100|
|Lesson 9, Assignment One||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 9 Exam: How People Affect the Geography of the Planet||Exam||100|
|Lesson 10, Assignment One||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 10 Exam: How People Divide the Planet||Exam||70|
|Lesson 11, Assignment One||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Using a Map||Exam||80|
|The Final Exam||Exam||490|
- Geology 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Physics 101: Beginner to Intermediate Concepts$110.002.4 CEUs
- Microbiology 101$110.003.0 CEUs
- Anatomy and Physiology 101$90.002.1 CEUs
- Organic Chemistry 101$105.002.5 CEUs
- Biology 101$95.003.5 CEUs
- Essentials of Ecology 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Chemistry 101$95.002.0 CEUs
- Marine Biology 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology$95.001.8 CEUs
- Astronomy 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- Meteorology Fundamentals$60.001.1 CEUs
- Cosmology 101$75.001.3 CEUs
- History of the Universe$65.001.2 CEUs