- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
have taken this courseLoading...
Course DescriptionMeteorology is a fascinating subject. Because of its very nature, it is never constant or boring. Studies and observations of weather and climate and its impact on humans and the environment offer everything from gorgeous sunsets to terrifying hurricanes and tornadoes.The study of land, atmospheric pressure, cloud formation and storms offers students of meteorology a never-ending and fascinating look into the forces of nature and our surrounding environment. From how rainbows form to the impact of pollution on the environment, this basic meteorology course explores such topics as: how geography affects weather, cloud formation, wind forces, weather forecasting methods, and global weather patterns (such as El Niño).
While many of us watch the local television station for news, our decisions of what to wear, when to plant seeds, or when to travel is often affected by unexpected changes in weather. From ancient times to the present, mankind's efforts to predict and forecast weather patterns have displayed mixed results. This course offers students a look at the history of meteorology as well as the impact humanity has on our own local climate and weather. So join us today!
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Introduction to MeteorologyWhat is meteorology? Weather Watching Basics
Lesson 2. ClimateClimate and Seasons. How Geography affects weather (coastline, mountain, desert, and others).
Lesson 3. All About CloudsAll About Clouds, Precipitation, and Wind Forces.
Lesson 4. Blowing in the WindFronts and Air Masses. Common types of each. Air Pressure and Humidity.
Lesson 5. Under PressureUnder Pressure, High Pressure, Low Pressure.
Lesson 6. Weather ForecastingWeather Forecasting
Lesson 7. Stormy WeatherStormy Weather, Tornadoes, and Hurricanes.
Lesson 8. Global Weather PatternsGlobal Weather Patterns and El Nino.
Lesson 9. Water and WeatherBodies of Water and impact of circulation and evaporation.
Lesson 10. Conservation and Weather IssuesWeather Conservation, Saving Water, Changing weather patterns
Lesson 11. Weather EffectsWeather Effects, Rainbows, Aurora Borealis.
Lesson 12. Careers in MeteorologyCareers in Meteorology
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Meteorology FundamentalsCourse Number: 7550433Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: General EducationCEU Value: 0.9 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsInstructor: April GravesSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define climate.
- Summarize cloud types and cloud formations.
- Describe and identify the different wind types.
- Describe pressure.
- Summarize how weather forecasting works.
- Describe various storm weather patterns.
- Summarize global weather patterns.
- Summarize conservation and weather issues, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1 Assignment Assignment 15 Lesson 1 Exam: Introduction to Meteorology Exam 90 Lesson 2 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 2 Exam: Climate Exam 100 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 25 Lesson 3 Exam: All About Clouds Exam 100 Lesson 4 Assignment Assignment 30 Lesson 4 Exam: Blowing in the Wind Exam 100 Lesson 5 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 5 Exam: Under Pressure Exam 100 Lesson 6 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 6 Exam: Weather Forecasting Exam 50 Lesson 7 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 7 Exam: Stormy Weather Exam 90 Lesson 8 Assignment Assignment 30 Lesson 8 Exam: Global Weather Patterns Exam 100 Lesson 9 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 9 Exam: Water and Weather Exam 100 Lesson 10 Assignment Assignment 10 Lesson 10 Exam: Conservation and Weather Issues Exam 100 Lesson 11 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 11 Exam: Weather Effects Exam 100 Lesson 12 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 12 Exam: Careers in Meteorology Exam 100 The Final Exam Exam 590 Total Points: 1970
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / each consecutive month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "I FOUND THE VIDEO PART OF EACH LESSON MOST HELPFUL IT HELPED ME TO REVIEW WHAT I HAD READ AND MOST HELPFUL TO REVIEW BEFORE EACH EXAM I TOOK FOR EACH LESSON. VERY WELL LAID OUT COURSE AND EASY TO USE. I REALLY ENJOYED LEARNING BY THIS METHOD OF ONLINE CLASS." -- Edward E.
- "Study of clouds was the most helpful because they are so easily observable. It was fascinating learning that different types of clouds can portend future weather patterns." -- Catherine R.
- "I ENJOYED THE COURSE AND HOPE THAT THERE COULD BE A CONTINUING COURSE WITH EVEN MORE STUDY ON THE SUBJECT OF EXTREME WEATHER. THE INSTUCTOR WAS GREAT AND QUICK TO ANSWER ON ALL QUIZES AND TESTS I HOPE TO JOINING ANOTHER CLASS SOMETIME WITH THIS INSTRUCTOR. THANKS!" -- Demetra G.
- "The course as a whole was helpful as all material fitted together nicely. The layout and presentation of the material was excellent. What was most helpful was the fact that it promted you to do your own research to look at each subject in greater depth. " -- Paul W.
- "Course was a great learning experience, really enjoyed it, and the instructor was excellent and was available like all the time! Everything in this Course was really helpful!" -- Marcus M.
- "She was very helpful and answered any questions promptly." -- Jack S.
- "Instructor responded very quickly to all communication with her via email. She gave good feedback on assignments." -- Donna H.
- View More Testimonials...