- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
0Studentshave taken this course
Meteorology is a fascinating subject. Because of its very nature, it is never constant or boring. Studies and observations of weather and climate and its impact on humans and the environment offer everything from gorgeous sunsets to terrifying hurricanes and tornadoes.
The study of land, atmospheric pressure, cloud formation and storms offers students of meteorology a never-ending and fascinating look into the forces of nature and our surrounding environment. From how rainbows form to the impact of pollution on the environment, this basic meteorology course explores such topics as: how geography affects weather, cloud formation, wind forces, weather forecasting methods, and global weather patterns (such as El Niño).From weather forecasting to water conservation, we'll introduce you to the vagaries of weather watching and prediction. We'll study the effects of pressure fronts that create hurricanes, tornadoes, and cyclones. We'll offer students clues on how to watch the sky for signs of change, as well as provide a greater understanding of the development and formation of some of the most awesome powers on earth.
While many of us watch the local television station for news, our decisions of what to wear, when to plant seeds, or when to travel is often affected by unexpected changes in weather. From ancient times to the present, mankind's efforts to predict and forecast weather patterns have displayed mixed results. This course offers students a look at the history of meteorology as well as the impact humanity has on our own local climate and weather. So join us today!
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Request More Information
Have a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1. Introduction to MeteorologyWhat is meteorology? Weather Watching Basics
Lesson 2. ClimateClimate and Seasons. How Geography affects weather (coastline, mountain, desert, and others).
Lesson 3. All About CloudsAll About Clouds, Precipitation, and Wind Forces.
Lesson 4. Blowing in the WindFronts and Air Masses. Common types of each. Air Pressure and Humidity.
Lesson 5. Under PressureUnder Pressure, High Pressure, Low Pressure.
Lesson 6. Weather ForecastingWeather Forecasting
Lesson 7. Stormy WeatherStormy Weather, Tornadoes, and Hurricanes.
Lesson 8. Global Weather PatternsGlobal Weather Patterns and El Nino.
Lesson 9. Water and WeatherBodies of Water and impact of circulation and evaporation.
Lesson 10. Conservation and Weather IssuesWeather Conservation, Saving Water, Changing weather patterns
Lesson 11. Weather EffectsWeather Effects, Rainbows, Aurora Borealis.
Lesson 12. Careers in MeteorologyCareers in Meteorology
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Meteorology Fundamentals
Course Number: 7550433
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: General Education
CEU Value: 1.1 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: meteorology101.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: April Graves
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $35.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $60.00
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define climate.
- Summarize cloud types and cloud formations.
- Describe and identify the different wind types.
- Describe pressure.
- Summarize how weather forecasting works.
- Describe various storm weather patterns.
- Summarize global weather patterns.
- Summarize conservation and weather issues, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||15|
|Lesson 1 Exam: Introduction to Meteorology||Exam||90|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Climate||Exam||100|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam: All About Clouds||Exam||100|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 4 Exam: Blowing in the Wind||Exam||100|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Under Pressure||Exam||100|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Weather Forecasting||Exam||50|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Stormy Weather||Exam||90|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Global Weather Patterns||Exam||100|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Water and Weather||Exam||100|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam: Conservation and Weather Issues||Exam||100|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Weather Effects||Exam||100|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 12 Exam: Careers in Meteorology||Exam||100|
|The Final Exam||Exam||590|
- "Everything that was needed was right there. I did not have to buy anything." -- Michele M.
- "Very good instructor, always replied quickly and very helpful." -- Marshall S.
- "Instructor was friendly and always provided feedback in a positive way." -- Adrienne S.
- "I found the instructor very friendly and helpful. She was also very encouraging. The course was very interesting and enjoyed have a visual/audio as well as being able to print out a copy." -- Tracy J.
- "The course is great." -- Brandon C.
- "I found a lot of this course very helpful. It taught me stuff I didn't know and answered questions I had before I even started this course." -- Trish B.
- "I really liked my instructor. She helps to make me want to do better and helps me to want to reach for the stars. I am now taking global warming and am going to take geography." -- Carri C.
- View More Testimonials...