with CEU Certificate
Microsoft Project 2013 is the latest release of the popular project management software created by Microsoft. This program is designed to assist project managers in planning, executing, and managing small and large projects alike by helping them develop a plan, create tasks, assign resources, manage a budget, and track progress.
This course will teach you how to successfully use MS Project 2013, no matter if you've ever used the program before or not. Both the beginner and seasoned Project user will benefit from this course. We start with the basics of the program including navigation and continue on to more advanced features. You do not need to have access to MS Project 2013 to take or complete this course. However, it is recommended.
This course covers everything you need to know to successfully use Project 2013, including --
- How to plan for your next project
- The necessary documentation needed during the planning stage
- Creating a project within Project 2013
- All about tasks
- Creating, managing, scheduling, and tracking tasks
- Creating, managing, assigning, and tracking resources
- How to work with deadlines and constraints
- What to do in Project 2013 if your project isn't going according to schedule
- All about dependencies
- The importance of lag time and lead time with tasks
- How to create baselines and interim plans
- Running reports
- Printing reports and project information
- And more
Successfully managing a project requires discipline. It requires that time, scope, and cost are managed in a way that bring about the completion of specific goals or the project itself. This requires planning and organization. Microsoft Project 2013 can help project managers and their staff organize their projects and meet their goals by acting as a virtual assistant that can produce information, charts, and reports to help the project smoothly advance to completion. This course teaches you how to use Project 2013 to do all of that – and more.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to MS Project 2013A good software program like MS Project 2013 can allocate resources, assign tasks, track budgets, and be your right hand as you manage the project from beginning to end.
Lesson 2: Creating and Defining ProjectsProject 2013 can only manage the information about the project that you give it, so it is important to have everything organized and planned before you even start to use the program.
Lesson 3: Entering and Scheduling TasksThe main part of your project is going to be the tasks. The tasks are what will track your project progress from start to finish.
Lesson 4: Project 2013 ViewsA view in Project is simply the way that task and/or resource information is displayed.
Lesson 5: CalendarsIn Project 2013, the calendar shows the various hours in a workday, the days in a work week, holidays, and nonworking days on which a project schedule is based. Project allows you to set Base, Project, Task, and Resource calendars.
Lesson 6: Organizing TasksIn this lesson we are going to discover how to organize tasks to make them easier to manage in Project 2013 and as work commences on your project.
Lesson 7: Working with Task Duration, Constraints, and DeadlinesBefore you enter a duration for a task, you must know the three task types. These types will have an effect on how Project schedules the work of the task.
Lesson 8: Introducing DependenciesA task is either a predecessor or a successor. This means that a task either comes before or after another task.
Lesson 9: Working with ResourcesResources, by definition, are costs associated with tasks. A resource can be a person, equipment, materials, or even a fee.
Lesson 10: Customizing and FormattingIn this lesson, we are going to show you how to format elements of the Project screen, as well as teach you to create customized templates.
Lesson 11: Resource ManagementThe key to successful projects and excellent project management is finding the right resources.
Lesson 12: Communication and Progress UpdatesIt is important that you map out what information you need to track as the project commences and advances.
Lesson 13: Tracking Work in ProjectWhen you want to track the progress being made on a project, you must enter different kinds of information. You must tell Project 2013 when you want to track progress.
Lesson 14: Using BaselinesBy definition, a baseline is the detailed project against which actual work is tracked. It is kind of like detailed plans for your new home before you ever start to build it.
Lesson 15: Running ReportsReports show progress and give you a picture of each element of the project and the project as a whole.
Lesson 16: Printing Project InformationIn this lesson, we are going to do a quick run through of how to print in Project.
Lesson 17: Consolidating Projects and ResourcesNow that we've learned how to use Project to create and manage projects, we are going to talk about pooling resources, consolidating project plans, and assignments so that they can be shared with other projects.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what Microsoft Project 2013 is and how it is used in the workplace.
- Demonstrate creating and defining projects.
- Demonstrate entering and scheduling tasks.
- Demonstrate using Project views, calendars, and tasks.
- Demonstrate working with task duration, constraints, and deadlines.
- Demonstrate using and managing dependencies.
- Demonstrate working with resources, customizing, formatting, and resource management
- Summarize communication and progress updates using MS Project.
- Summarize processes for tracking work in project.
- Demonstrate using baselines, running reports, and printing project information.
- Demonstrate how to consolidate projects and resources, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 16 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 17 Assignment||Assignment||0|
|Lesson 17 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||79|
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- OneNote 2013$45.000.5 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Quickbooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- MS Word 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Outlook 2013$45.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Dreamweaver 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Muse 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe InDesign 101$65.001.0 CEUs