Online Class: Business Math 101
with CEU Certificate*
First we begin with a comprehensive review of the decimal system and basic calculations. Next are fractions, percent, and ratios. Then we move on to exponents and square roots.
In the next lessons, the learner sets a personal budget and reviews personal finances, including thrift buying, and calculating interest on a loan.
Then there is a discussion of conservation of energy used in the home. Later you're encouraged to learn how to budget personal time and energy as well as your money.
The class then takes you into the business world of purchases and sales, plus some bookkeeping, with a thorough explanation of debits and credits, petty cash, and an overview of financial statements.
In the following lessons, you'll look at graphs, measurements and statistics.
(Is mode the same as average?) After that you'll enter the business office for office etiquette, netiquette, and telephone etiquette. Also the science of
Ergonomics is discussed.
From the beginning, you'll be encouraged to click on web references and also learn how to search for more information via the internet.
The course material includes plenty of examples and exercises for practice, interesting anecdotes about the character, history and origins of our math system from many parts of the world.
Math can be fun! However, calculations do require practice, and then more practice to be easier, more proficient and more fun. But there's no stress and plenty of time to learn at your own pace. Enjoy the course!
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Course on Business Math
- Lesson 2: Decimal System
- Lesson 3: Fractions, Decimals and Percents
- Lesson 4: More Percents, Ratios and Exponents
- Lesson 5: Personal Finance
- Lesson 6: Math in Retail and Sales
- Lesson 7: Purchasing in Business Transactions
- Lesson 8: Bookkeeping
- Lesson 9: Graphs and Charts
- Lesson 10: Statistics, Measurements and Scale
- Lesson 11: Office Practice
- Lesson 12: Balance in Life
A brief 10 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Getting Started||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam: Introduction to Course on Business Math||160|
|Lesson 2 Assignment: Decimal Practice||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Decimal System||140|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Practicing Percents||35|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Fractions, Decimals,Percents||130|
|Lesson 4 Assignment : Percents and More||35|
|Lesson 4 Exam: More Percents, Ratios, Exponents||150|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Personal Finance||140|
|Lesson 6 Assignment: Retail Math||40|
|Lesson 6 Exam: Math in Retail and Sales||130|
|Lesson 7 Assignment: Invoices||50|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Purchasing in Business Transactions||160|
|Lesson 8 Exam: Bookkeeping||120|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Understanding Graphs||35|
|Lesson 9 Exam: Graphs and Charts||130|
|Lesson 10 Assignment: Statistics and Measurement||30|
|Lesson10 Exam: Statistics, Measurements and Scale||150|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Office Practice||160|
|Lesson 12 Assignment: Learning About Yourself||40|
|Lesson 12 Exam: Balance in Life||150|
|The Final Exam||50|
- Appropriate Telephone Ettiquette and other Office Practices in a Business
- Using Social Media: A LinkedIn Profile
- Ways to Rehearse Your Speech for an Effective Presentation
- Introduction to Social Media: How To Use Facebook
- Key Customer Service Strategies
- Working in Your Workspace in Adobe Photoshop InDesign
- Working with Paths in Adobe Illustrator
- Applying Basic Character Formatting in Adobe InDesign
- Working With Documents in Adobe Illustrator
- Different Communication Styles
- Expanding Your Internet Marketing