Online Class: Excel 2010
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Course DescriptionMost computer-savvy people out there today know that MS Excel 2010 is a spreadsheet program that you can use to record data, create charts, and utilize mathematical equations. However, most people who are familiar with Excel aren't fully aware of all that MS Excel can do. Maybe that's you. You'd be surprised about the things that you can do using Excel that you're currently doing by hand or using other inappropriate software (such as the familiar sibling to Excel, MS Word). But that's okay. That's why we designed this course.
But first, let's dispel the myths that MS Excel 2010 is complicated to use, or to use its mathematical functions and capabilities that you must be good at math, or worse yet, that you must know some complicated programing in order to make it work for you. The truth is, most people like you that use MS Excel use it for a single defined reason. Because there are so many options and features available within the software, most people feel overwhelmed and don't take the time to explore just how many other things they can actually use it for.
With Excel 2010, you can:
- Organize, sort, and record data.
- Enter in text and mathematical equations.
- Keep, track, chart, graph, and compare statistics.
- Maintain records.
- Create mathematical equations and functions to accurately keep records and statistics whenever data changes.
You can even use Excel to balance your checkbook, calculate the dollar amount you're spending on interest rates for credit cards and mortgages, as well as track your corporate spending accounts! You can also turn around and use Excel for something as simple as listing who is bringing what to the next family reunion. MS Excel can be used for the most complex or simplest of tasks…and all these tasks can be done quite easily when you know how to use Excel 2010.
But telling you how convenient and easy MS Excel 2010 is to use isn't enough--we're going to show you step-by-step. So join us today!
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to MS Excel 2010MS Excel is a spreadsheet program that you can use to record data, mathematical charts, and equations. This first lesson will go over the new features and how to navigate of this program
Lesson 2: Worksheets and WorkbooksThe basic structure and tools to efficiently use workbooks and worksheets will be discussed.
Lesson 3: Entering Information into MS Excel 2010More basic information will be covered as this lesson will discuss how to enter, format and manipulate data.
Lesson 4: Entering Information Part 2Entering data more efficiently with Excels auto fill, how to search data, how to split and freeze panes, how to use to proofreading tools will be discussed in this lesson.
Lesson 5: Formatting a WorksheetBy using a few simple formatting features in you MS Excel 2010, you can make the information in it easy to grasp and attractive. This lesson will show you how to use the features and more.
Lesson 6: Adding Elements to a WorkbookNow we're going to show you how to add elements such as images, art and diagrams.
Lesson 7: ChartsCharts and diagrams are tools you can use to visually represent the data in a worksheet. You can use them to show trends, averages, high points, low points, and more.
Lesson 8: Formulas and CalculationsMS Excel has many features and capabilities, but the ability to use formulas and perform calculations is the bread and butter of MS Excel. In this lesson we will begin learning how to perform some basic calculationa.
Lesson 9: Excel FormsA form is simply a dialog box that lets you display or enter information one record (or row) at a time. It can also make the information more visually appealing and easier to understand. This quick lesson will show you how to use this powerful feature.
Lesson 10: TablesA Table in MS Excel consists of orderly rows and columns of data, such as names, addresses, or even sales totals. This lesson will show you how to put a table together as well as how to utilize other tools to better analyze your data.
Lesson 11: Developing a WorkbookIn an earlier lesson we showed you how to create a workbook. In this lesson, we're going to show you how to develop it further to fit your needs.
Lesson 12: Sharing Worksheets and WorkbooksIn this lesson, we're going to cover the ways that you can share your MS Excel 2010 workbooks.
Lesson 13: Advanced SkillsThis final lesson will introduce many of the advance features that Excel can use- such as XML,a type of code that tells the computer how to display the content correctly across a wide variety of computers.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Excel 2010Course Number: 8900073Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: Computer SkillCEU Value: 1.4 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: msexcel2010.onlineclasses.comInstructor: Dave ScarbroughSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what Excel is and why it is important for personal and business use.
- Describe what worksheets and workbooks are.
- Demonstrate entering information.
- Demonstrate formatting a worksheet and adding elements to it.
- Demonstrate chart usage in Excel.
- Demonstrate formulas and calculations in excel.
- Describe creating and using form and tables in Excel 2010.
- Demonstrate developing a workbook.
- Demonstrate sharing Worksheets and Workbooks and other advanced Excel 2010 skill, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
An Introduction Assignment 5 Lesson 1 Assignment Assignment 10 Lesson 1 Exam Exam 8 Lesson 2 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 2 Exam Exam 8 Lesson 3 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 3 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 4 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 4 Exam Exam 8 Lesson 5 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 5 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 6 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 6 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 7 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 7 Exam Exam 7 Lesson 8 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 8 Exam Exam 8 Lesson 9 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 9 Exam Exam 3 Lesson 10 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 10 Assignment Bonus Assignment 0 Lesson 10 Exam Exam 9 Lesson 11 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 11 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 12 Assignment Assignment 20 Lesson 12 Exam Exam 10 Lesson 13 Exam Exam 9 The Final Exam Exam 50 Total Points: 393
- "I found all of the information helpful because didn't know anything about excel. Now I feel that I can do a spread sheet." -- Patricia N.
- "For my personal use, the earlier lessons on operating in Excel were the most useful. I felt that the chapter on functions and formulas was really the heart of the course. Although much of it I will never use, it gave me more confidence." -- Marty K.
- "Whenever I had a question, the instructor always answered it in a timely fashion. I was also quite surprised at the quickness he graded my lessons and quizzes. The charts were extremely fun. They truly enhance your workbook by turning all of your data into a pictorial creation. " -- Joyce L.
- "I found the whole thing helpful, from what I already knew to the new information." -- Lee H.
- "The instructor is excellent. He had assignments and exams graded very quickly. I gained more exposure to figure out why something was or wasn't working while completing the assignments." -- Linda C.
- "Videos relating to the lesson that was presented were very helpful." -- Arthur F.
- "Before this course, the self taught use of Excel left out a great deal. This course shored up the basic knowledge I had and carried it forward to include the sections needed to produce varied and interesting spreadsheets." -- Betty T.
- View More Testimonials...