Investing 101: Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds
with CEU Certificate*
This course will help you demystify the stock market and start making money! Everyone yes, everyone is sure to find something suitable in the stock market to invest in. It doesn't matter if you are looking for a very safe investment to protect your nest egg or a risky investment with a huge potential to make a killing! Everyone finds themselves along that spectrum and will discover that the stock market has investments for people who want to protect their savings and for people who want to grow their savings.
The stock market can be confusing. Using examples, actual stories from real investment advisers, and lists of great online resources, each lesson builds on the last to give you the clarity needed to understand investments. By the time you're done with this course, you'll have found a few investments you can enjoy and you'll be able to start investing right away with the assurance that you know what you're doing.
Then, the course delves even further into the world of investments: each lesson takes you through different types of investments: stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. You'll learn how each one works, how to choose good ones and when to sell them. Finally, you'll learn about additional techniques and investments you can make that will help you to balance and diversify your portfolio.
Lesson 2- Building an Investment Portfolio
Lesson 3- Common and Preferred Stocks
Lesson 4- Bond and Other Fixed Income Securities Information
Lesson 5- Mutual Funds
Lesson 6- Other Investments
|What Mystifies Me...||2|
|Lesson 1- Introduction to the Economy||25|
|Lesson 2- Building an Investment Portfolio||25|
|Lesson 3- Common and Preferred Stocks||55|
|Lesson 4- Understanding Bonds||30|
|Lesson 5- Mutual Funds||15|
|Lesson 6- Other Investments||30|
- How to Build an Investment Portfolio
- Understanding Basic Marketing and Economic Information
- Bonds, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income Securities Information and Other Investments
- Understanding Common and Preferred Stock
- Preparing for a Job Interview: Commonly Asked Questions
- Recording Accounting Transactions: The Source Documents, General Journal, General Ledger, Trial Balance
- Payroll Management: Understanding the Process of Paying State and Federal Taxes
- How to Deal with Tenants as a Landlord
- Enhancing Your Resume with Activities and Interests
- Basic Parts of a Pay Stub
- Investments: Understanding Charts
- Mortgage Lending Regulatory and Legislative Issues
- Loan Payment Calculations
- What are ARM Indexes?