Online Class: Braiding Hair 101
We're sorry, this course is no longer open for enrollment.
With a little work and practice, you will become an expert as this self-paced course is designed to help individuals who would like to do hair braiding on their own and for the aspiring hair braiders who would like to start a hair braiding salon. This course includes instructional photos making the learning process easy. Course topics include:
- Lesson 1: History of Hair Braiding
- Lesson 2: Hair Braiding Accessories
- Lesson 3: Preparations for Hair Braiding
- Lesson 4: Simple Hair Braiding Styles I
- Lesson 5: Simple Hair Braiding Styles II
- Lesson 6: French Braids and 5 Strands Braiding
- Lesson 7: Different Types of Hair Buns
- Lesson 8: English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pig Tail Braiding Styles
- Lesson 9: Updo Hair Styles
- Lesson 10: Basic Fishtail Braids
- Lesson 11: Licensing, Regulations, and Tips for Hair Braiding
- Completely Online
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1: History of Hair Braiding
Lesson 2: Hair Braiding Accessories
Lesson 3: Preparations for Hair Braiding
Lesson 4: Simple Hair Braiding Styles I
Lesson 5: Simple Hair Braiding Styles II
Lesson 6: French Braids and Five-Strand Braiding
Lesson 7: Different Types of Hair Buns
Lesson 8: English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pigtail Braiding Styles
Lesson 9: Updo Hair Styles
Lesson 10: Basic Fishtail Braids
Lesson 11: Licensing, Regulations, and Tips for Hair Braiding
- "This course was great and the instructor was great." -- Majolie N.
- "the course was fun, and the instructor gave useful tips, and was very helpful!" -- Jane S.
- "All of this course was helpful because it helped me to remember things I had forgotten about and things I didn't know. It showed you in pictures and in step by step instructions." -- Rosalind W.
- "Great experience!" -- Jameelah S.
- "The course was well put together and I have learned a lot from it and the instructor was is an expert. She's always there to answer your questions." -- Laveisha B.
- "I liked the actual braiding assignments. The information in the links was extremely helpful....The instructor was available as soon as I sent the assignment and got right back to me." -- BarBara M.