Online Class: Braiding Hair 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
With a little work and practice, you will become an expert as this self-paced course is designed to help individuals who would like to do hair braiding on their own and for the aspiring hair braiders who would like to start a hair braiding salon. This course includes instructional photos making the learning process easy. Course topics include:
- Lesson 1: History of Hair Braiding
- Lesson 2: Hair Braiding Accessories
- Lesson 3: Preparations for Hair Braiding
- Lesson 4: Simple Hair Braiding Styles I
- Lesson 5: Simple Hair Braiding Styles II
- Lesson 6: French Braids and 5 Strands Braiding
- Lesson 7: Different Types of Hair Buns
- Lesson 8: English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pig Tail Braiding Styles
- Lesson 9: Updo Hair Styles
- Lesson 10: Basic Fishtail Braids
- Lesson 11: Licensing, Regulations, and Tips for Hair Braiding
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: History of Hair BraidingHair Braiding Among Native Americans
Hair Braiding Among Africans
Hair Braiding in Asian Cultures
Lesson 2: Hair Braiding AccessoriesHair Braiding Accessories
Alligator Hair Clamp
Lesson 3: Preparations for Hair BraidingCleaning Your Hair
Fine-Tuning Your Hair
Lesson 4: Simple Hair Braiding Styles IBasic Three-Strand Braid
Knotted Braid Ponytail
Basic Hair Flip
Reverse Hair Flip
Stylish Hair Flip
Lesson 5: Simple Hair Braiding Styles IIBarrette Fold
Long Clamp Twist
Simple Hair Roll
Lesson 6: French Braids and Five-Strand BraidingFrench Plait
Double French Braid
Lesson 7: Different Types of Hair BunsBasic Bun
Long Clamp Bun
Classic Double Braid Bun
Lesson 8: English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pigtail Braiding StylesEnglish Braiding
Lesson 9: Updo Hair StylesRope Updo
Hair Claw Updo
Chinese Braided Updo
Classic Twisted Updo
Lesson 10: Basic Fishtail BraidsFishtail Braids
Fishtail Ponytail Braids
Full Fishtail Braids
Partial Fishtail Braids
Other Simple Fishtail Braids
Lesson 11: Licensing, Regulations, and Tips for Hair BraidingGeneral Requirements for Hair Braider License
Safety Regulations for Hair Braiding
Tips for Hair Braiding
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Summarize the history of hair braiding.
- Summarize the hair braiding accessories.
- Describe the preparations needed before starting a hair braid.
- Describe the simple hair braiding styles.
- Describe the procedures involved in French Braids and 5 Strands Braiding.
- Summarize the different types of hair buns and how to braid them.
- Summarize the procedures involved in creating English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pig Tail Braiding Styles.
- Summarize the procedures involved in creating basic Fishtail Braids.
- Describe licensing and regulations in order to braid hair professionally, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Exam: History of Hair Braiding||Exam||100|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam: Hair Braiding Accessories||Exam||100|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam: Preparations for Hair Braiding||Exam||90|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam: Simple Hair Braiding Styles I||Exam||90|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 5 Exam: Simple Hair Braiding Styles II||Exam||100|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Exam 6: French Braids and 5 Strand Braiding||Exam||90|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Exam 7: Different Types of Hair Buns||Exam||100|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 8: English, Dutch, Cornrows, and Pig Tail Braiding Styles||Exam||90|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||30|
|Lesson 9: Updo Hair Styles||Exam||90|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10: Basic Fishtail Braids||Exam||100|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Licensing, Regulations, and Tips for Hair Braiding||Exam||100|
|The Final Exam||Exam||510|
- "All of this course was helpful because it helped me to remember things I had forgotten about and things I didn't know. It showed you in pictures and in step by step instructions." -- Rosalind W.
- "the course was fun, and the instructor gave useful tips, and was very helpful!" -- Jane S.
- "This course was great and the instructor was great." -- Majolie N.
- "Great experience!" -- Jameelah S.
- "The course was well put together and I have learned a lot from it and the instructor was is an expert. She's always there to answer your questions." -- Laveisha B.
- "I liked the actual braiding assignments. The information in the links was extremely helpful....The instructor was available as soon as I sent the assignment and got right back to me." -- BarBara M.