This course covers the way humans create order by drawing maps and creating areas that we can recognize. You'll learn how mapmakers divided the oceans and why. The lessons will touch on how culture and experience influence the way people map the world.
Once you have finished this course, you'll find yourself looking at the world with a whole new perspective!
- Completely Online
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define geography.
- Describe oceans, rivers, and lakes.
- Describe continents and islands.
- Describe mountains and valleys.
- Describe how the wind affects landforms.
- Describe how water affects landforms.
- Summarize plate tectonics.
- Describe the effect of plants and animals on landforms.
- How People Affect the Geography of the Planet
- Describe how people divide the planet.
- Describe using a map.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||5 points|
|Lesson 1, Assignment One||20 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam:What is Geography?||90 points|
|Lesson 2, Assignment One||30 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam:Oceans, Rivers, and Lakes||100 points|
|Lesson 3, Assignment One||40 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam:Continents and Islands||90 points|
|Lesson 4, Assignment One||30 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam:Mountains and Valleys||90 points|
|Lesson 5, Assignment One||40 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam:How the Wind Affects Landforms||100 points|
|Lesson 6, Assignment One||40 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam:How Water Affects Landforms||100 points|
|Lesson 7, Assignment One||40 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam: Plate Tectonics||100 points|
|Lesson 8, Assignment One||30 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam: The Effect of Plants and Animals on Landforms||100 points|
|Lesson 9, Assignment One||40 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam: How People Affect the Geography of the Planet||100 points|
|Lesson 10, Assignment One||30 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam: How People Divide the Planet||70 points|
|Lesson 11, Assignment One||20 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam: Using a Map||80 points|
|The Final Exam||480 points|