with CEU Certificate
If you love film, then this course will help you learn more about film analysis, film reviews and discussions, period genres and movements in film style, and more. It will provide you an informed opinion that will hopefully make your enjoyment of the film medium deeper.
This course may be useful for professionals who need to be informed and conversant about the film-industry; for the layman who wants to know as much as he/she can about the world of film for personal enjoyment; or for the student, hoping to become familiar with the 'lay-of-the-land' for film-criticism.
Lessons include discussions on the following:
- How you can get real enjoyment from the films you watch, and why you should care
- Early film-history
- The process of film-making and how it relates to understanding the films you watch
- A look at 100 years of film-styles, genres and movements
- A discussion of film-psychology, and some fascinating aspects of the perception of films
- A review of 'films to watch', taken in 20-year periods starting in 1900, and moving through 2007, featuring all the classics from each era
- General ideas about film and art-theory as a consumer habit
- Film composers to know
- Film directors to know
- How to get your twenty-dollar's worth at the movie-theater
- New ways to enjoy film and new audience technologies
- And much more
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: The Value of Film ViewingThis lesson asks the question "Why do we enjoy watching movies?"
Lesson 2: Early Film HistoryThis lesson describes the evolution of filmmaking, the inventors, and early actors.
Lesson 3: The Filmmaking ProcessThis lesson describes the different phases of the filmmaking process.
Lesson 4: 100 Years of Film Styles and MovementsThis lesson describes how technology, culture, and current events affect movie making.
Lesson 5: Film PsychologyThis lesson describes how writers and directors can get reactions from movie goers.
Lesson 6: Films To Watch----1900--1960This lesson explores the popular, classic, and well made pictures of this era.
Lesson 7: Films To Watch 1960---2007With new technology, popular movies are changing. Here are some of the most watched.
Lesson 8: General Ideas on Art Theory as a Consumer HabitThis lesson focuses on questions of art theory. What makes movies "art" or "classic?" What makes a picture "good" or "bad?"
Lesson 9: Film Composers to KnowThis lesson lists many of the most popular movie composers and some of their greatest hits.
Lesson 10: Film Directors to KnowThis lesson lists influential film directors of the past and the present.
Lesson 11: How to Get Your Money's Worth at the MoviesThis lesson examines how box office receipts are influenced by the reviews and by consumer likes and dislikes.
Lesson 12: New Ways to Enjoy Film, Technology, and the FutureThis lesson examines some of the new technology available for watching movies.
Lesson 13: Personal Enrichment as a Film Audience ConsumerThis lesson provides insight into "reality" vs "big screen."
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the value of film viewing.
- Summarize early film history.
- Summarize the filmmaking process.
- Define 100 years of film styles and movements.
- Define film psychology.
- Describe general ideas on art theory as a consumer habit.
- Describe new ways to enjoy film, technology, and the future, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Review||Exam||16|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Review||Exam||17|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Review||Exam||17|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Review||Exam||17|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Review||Exam||15|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Review||Exam||15|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Review||Exam||16|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Review||Exam||15|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13 Review||Exam||10|
- Greek Mythology$60.000.7 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Creative Writing for Beginners$65.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Women's Fiction 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Philosophy 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Historical Fiction Writing 101$65.002.3 CEUs
- Paranormal Romance Writing 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Effective Persuasion 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Novel Writing 101$65.002.2 CEUs
- Poetry Writing 101$60.001.7 CEUs
- Creative Writing Workshop$65.001.3 CEUs
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate$70.001.7 CEUs
- Adobe InDesign 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- ABCs of Technical Writing$65.001.1 CEUs
- Digital Photography 101$60.001.7 CEUs
- Creative Writing 101$65.001.9 CEUs
- Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing$70.001.2 CEUs
- How to Write a Short Story 101$60.001.1 CEUs
- Freelance Writing 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Screenwriting 101$65.001.5 CEUs
- Mystery Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Romance Writing 101$70.001.2 CEUs
- Nonfiction Writing 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Travel Writing 101$70.001.0 CEUs