with CEU Certificate
Do you feel totally clueless when it comes to Greek Mythology? Do you often say to yourself: "It's all Greek to me"? You were supposed to learn this stuff in school but classical mythology isn't really taught anymore in elementary or secondary schools. This basic self-paced course can help.
Greek Mythology will give you an overview of the huge collection of stories explaining the creation of the world and the lives of the gods, goddesses, heroes and heroines. The scope of the Greek myths is astounding. Starting with the birth of the world, through bloody wars like
Greek myths have passionate love stories, adventure stories, superhuman tales, fairy tales, magical stories, tales of gods and monsters and beasts and stories of witchcraft and sorcery. We've inherited these myths in the form of art and literature. It's really entertaining to discover them.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Greek MythologyWhat is a myth and why are myths relevant today?
Lesson 2: In The BeginningCreation of the world, the Early Gods -- Titans, Rise of the Olympians, Creation of man and woman and Introduction to heroes.
Lesson 3: The Gods and Early Heroes in MythologyThe Gods and Early Heroes in Mythology including the 12 gods and goddesses of the Pantheon.
Lesson 4: The Great Heroes during the Trojan WarThe Great Heroes during the Trojan War: Odysseus, Achilles, Paris
Lesson 5: Stories of Love in MythologyStories of Love in Mythology: abduction of Europa, Atalanta's suitors, Persephone and Demeter, Medea.
Lesson 6: Famous Greek Mythology Families and Their CitiesLesson 6: Stories of the more famous Greek families and the cities they founded or conquered.
Lesson 7: More Myths from Greek MythologySisyphus, King Midas, Dionysis, Orpheus, Andromeda and Perseus, Artimis and Apollo, Oedipus and Pan
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define Greek Mythology.
- Describe the gods and early heroes in mythology.
- Describe the great heroes during the trojan war.
- Summarize stories of love in mythology.
- Describe famous greek mythology families and their cities, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Introduction Assignment: Reasons for Taking a Mythology Course||Assignment||10|
|Homer's Odysseus and the Human Condition through Myth||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1: Finding other Myths||Assignment||20|
|Quiz on Lesson 1||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: God or Hero.||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 2||Exam||12|
|The Myth of the Trojan War and its influence||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3: The Odyssey||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 3||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4: Eros and Psyche||Assignment||20|
|Quiz on Lesson 4||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5: Sparta vs Athens||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 5||Exam||11|
|Assignment 6: The Minotaur or the Gorgon's Head||Assignment||20|
- Buddhism 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Philosophy 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Ancient Civilizations 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Judaism 101: An Introduction$55.001.0 CEUs
- Bible Stories$60.001.0 CEUs
- Cosmology 101$75.001.3 CEUs
- History of the Universe$65.001.2 CEUs
- World Religions 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- American Literature Review$60.000.7 CEUs
- History of Terrorism 101$60.001.9 CEUs
- Vietnam War$60.001.1 CEUs
- World War l and ll$80.002.7 CEUs
- American Wars: American Revolution and Civil War$75.001.4 CEUs
- The Gulf War$60.001.6 CEUs