Online Class: Greek Mythology
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this courseLoading...
Do you feel totally clueless when it comes to Greek Mythology? Do you often say to yourself: "It's all Greek to me"? You were supposed to learn this stuff in school but classical mythology isn't really taught anymore in elementary or secondary schools. This basic self-paced course can help.
Greek Mythology will give you an overview of the huge collection of stories explaining the creation of the world and the lives of the gods, goddesses, heroes and heroines. The scope of the Greek myths is astounding. Starting with the birth of the world, through bloody wars like
Troyand , heroic acts of Hercules and childish pranks by Hermes, and the touching stories of mother love in Demeter and Persephone. Thebes
Greek myths have passionate love stories, adventure stories, superhuman tales, fairy tales, magical stories, tales of gods and monsters and beasts and stories of witchcraft and sorcery. We've inherited these myths in the form of art and literature. It's really entertaining to discover them.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Greek MythologyWhat is a myth and why are myths relevant today?
Lesson 2: In The BeginningCreation of the world, the Early Gods -- Titans, Rise of the Olympians, Creation of man and woman and Introduction to heroes.
Lesson 3: The Gods and Early Heroes in MythologyThe Gods and Early Heroes in Mythology including the 12 gods and goddesses of the Pantheon.
Lesson 4: The Great Heroes during the Trojan WarThe Great Heroes during the Trojan War: Odysseus, Achilles, Paris
Lesson 5: Stories of Love in MythologyStories of Love in Mythology: abduction of Europa, Atalanta's suitors, Persephone and Demeter, Medea.
Lesson 6: Famous Greek Mythology Families and Their CitiesLesson 6: Stories of the more famous Greek families and the cities they founded or conquered.
Lesson 7: More Myths from Greek MythologySisyphus, King Midas, Dionysis, Orpheus, Andromeda and Perseus, Artimis and Apollo, Oedipus and Pan
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Greek MythologyCourse Number: 7550449Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: College LevelCEU Value: 0.7 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsCourse URL: greekmyths.onlineclasses.comInstructor: C. Michael McKennaSyllabus: View SyllabusCourse Review: Read Editorial ReviewRequirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define Greek Mythology.
- Describe the gods and early heroes in mythology.
- Describe the great heroes during the trojan war.
- Summarize stories of love in mythology.
- Describe famous greek mythology families and their cities, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Introduction Assignment: Reasons for Taking a Mythology Course Assignment 10 Defining Myth Assignment 25 Homer's Odysseus and the Human Condition through Myth Assignment 25 Lesson 1: Finding other Myths Assignment 20 Quiz on Lesson 1 Exam 10 Lesson 2: God or Hero. Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 2 Exam 12 The Myth of the Trojan War and its influence Assignment 20 Lesson 3: The Odyssey Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 3 Exam 10 Lesson 4: Eros and Psyche Assignment 20 Quiz on Lesson 4 Exam 9 Lesson 5: Sparta vs Athens Assignment 20 Quiz for Lesson 5 Exam 11 Assignment 6: The Minotaur or the Gorgon's Head Assignment 20 Final Assignment Assignment 5 Total Points: 257
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "I thought the assignments really made me learn an extra amount. They were fun, and challenging. I LOVED this class. I also could tell the teacher was very knowledgeable and always gave me a speedy return on grading, etc....Very interesting class, smart and friendly instructor. It wasn't overly easy, and I really liked that. I learned A LOT in this class." -- Caroline S.
- "The instructor has provided a very orgainzed and detailed course. The reading materials were interesting, but at times I did become a bit overwhelmed at all of the names of the ancient gods and goddesses and their relationships with one another and with the mortals. I appreciate your prompt responses to my email messages and your grading of the assignments and quizzes. This course should be rated with four stars. I have enjoyed my walk with you, even though it was "all Greek to me". I can only hope that you will offer more courses, such as Roman Mythology!!!" -- Sara H.
- "A fantastic introduction to the myth's of ancient greece with a slight flavouring of Humanities subjects. Realistic expectations of work load with the chance to expand on the work and explore styles within and around the subject. A correct and non bias presentation of the facts of myths without becoming too narrow....Well done. You have inspired me and made a difference to my learning experience. Its course like this that inspire me to go forward in my personal study and achieve my personal goals." -- Chris M.