Online Class: Greek Mythology
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
Do you feel totally clueless when it comes to Greek Mythology? Do you often say to yourself: "It's all Greek to me"? You were supposed to learn this stuff in school but classical mythology isn't really taught anymore in elementary or secondary schools. This basic self-paced course can help.
Greek Mythology will give you an overview of the huge collection of stories explaining the creation of the world and the lives of the gods, goddesses, heroes and heroines. The scope of the Greek myths is astounding. Starting with the birth of the world, through bloody wars like
Greek myths have passionate love stories, adventure stories, superhuman tales, fairy tales, magical stories, tales of gods and monsters and beasts and stories of witchcraft and sorcery. We've inherited these myths in the form of art and literature. It's really entertaining to discover them.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: Introduction to Greek MythologyWhat is a myth and why are myths relevant today?
Lesson 2: In The BeginningCreation of the world, the Early Gods -- Titans, Rise of the Olympians, Creation of man and woman and Introduction to heroes.
Lesson 3: The Gods and Early Heroes in MythologyThe Gods and Early Heroes in Mythology including the 12 gods and goddesses of the Pantheon.
Lesson 4: The Great Heroes during the Trojan WarThe Great Heroes during the Trojan War: Odysseus, Achilles, Paris
Lesson 5: Stories of Love in MythologyStories of Love in Mythology: abduction of Europa, Atalanta's suitors, Persephone and Demeter, Medea.
Lesson 6: Famous Greek Mythology Families and Their CitiesLesson 6: Stories of the more famous Greek families and the cities they founded or conquered.
Lesson 7: More Myths from Greek MythologySisyphus, King Midas, Dionysis, Orpheus, Andromeda and Perseus, Artimis and Apollo, Oedipus and Pan
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Define Greek Mythology.
- Describe the gods and early heroes in mythology.
- Describe the great heroes during the trojan war.
- Summarize stories of love in mythology.
- Describe famous greek mythology families and their cities, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Introduction Assignment: Reasons for Taking a Mythology Course||Assignment||10|
|Homer's Odysseus and the Human Condition through Myth||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1: Finding other Myths||Assignment||20|
|Quiz on Lesson 1||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2: God or Hero.||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 2||Exam||12|
|The Myth of the Trojan War and its influence||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3: The Odyssey||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 3||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4: Eros and Psyche||Assignment||20|
|Quiz on Lesson 4||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5: Sparta vs Athens||Assignment||20|
|Quiz for Lesson 5||Exam||11|
|Assignment 6: The Minotaur or the Gorgon's Head||Assignment||20|
- "I thought the assignments really made me learn an extra amount. They were fun, and challenging. I LOVED this class. I also could tell the teacher was very knowledgeable and always gave me a speedy return on grading, etc....Very interesting class, smart and friendly instructor. It wasn't overly easy, and I really liked that. I learned A LOT in this class." -- Caroline S.
- "The instructor has provided a very orgainzed and detailed course. The reading materials were interesting, but at times I did become a bit overwhelmed at all of the names of the ancient gods and goddesses and their relationships with one another and with the mortals. I appreciate your prompt responses to my email messages and your grading of the assignments and quizzes. This course should be rated with four stars. I have enjoyed my walk with you, even though it was "all Greek to me". I can only hope that you will offer more courses, such as Roman Mythology!!!" -- Sara H.
- "A fantastic introduction to the myth's of ancient greece with a slight flavouring of Humanities subjects. Realistic expectations of work load with the chance to expand on the work and explore styles within and around the subject. A correct and non bias presentation of the facts of myths without becoming too narrow....Well done. You have inspired me and made a difference to my learning experience. Its course like this that inspire me to go forward in my personal study and achieve my personal goals." -- Chris M.