with CEU Certificate*
Terrorism, is it the scourge of our time? Are you fearful of being involved in a terrorist attack? Quite frankly it almost depends on where in the world you live. It is often because a safe place today is a terror target tomorrow. With the desire on the part of the terrorists to obtain weapons of mass destruction, i.e. chemical, biological, or even a dirty bomb or nuclear bomb, the potential for a massive destructive attack increases exponentially.
This course looks at the recent history of terrorism from the early twentieth century to today. You will learn:
- The extent to which terrorism has become a part of life in the twenty-first century.
- Why there is not a generally accepted definition of terrorism.
- Acts of terrorism in the old world, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the new world.
- Who in the world is acting to fight terrorism, or acting to support terrorism.
- What the world is doing to combat terrorism.
- The known terrorist groups and what are their goals.
- The momentous influence that religion plays in terrorism
- The continuous problems with political and military tactics in defeating terrorism.
If you're pursuing any career involving the field of political science or criminology, or if you are interested in understanding the reasons for terrorist acts, or want to know what the prospects are for the future of terrorism, this course will provide lots of disquieting but interesting information
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Terrorism: What is It?This lesson explores the many definitions of terrorism.
Lesson 2: Terrorism Defined ContinuedContemporary - and controversial - definitions of terrorism.
Lesson 3: Terrorism in the Old World Part OneThis lesson describes some of the terrorist groups operating and attacks that have taken place in Europe and the Middle East.
Lesson 4:Terrorism in the Old World Part TwoTerrorist attacks in Germany, Austria, and Denmark.
Lesson 5: Terrorism in the Old World Part ThreeTerrorism and attacks in France, Spain, and Sweden.
Lesson 6: Terrorism in the Old World Part FourThis lesson describes terrorism and attacks in Italy and Eastern Europe.
Lesson 7: Terrorism in the Middle East Part OneTerrorism and terrorist organizations in Egypt, Algeria, Bahrain, and Iraq.
Lesson 8: Terrorism in the Middle East Part TwoTerrorism in Israel, the West Bank, Gaza, and Jordan.
Lesson 9: Terrorism in AfricaThis lesson discusses the history of terrorism in Africa.
Lesson 10: Terrorism in Africa - Part TwoThis lesson is a continuation of the previous lesson in which terrorist activity and threats in Africa are examined.
Lesson 11: Terrorism in East AsiaThis lesson discusses terrorism in Australia, Burma, and Cambodia.
Lesson 12: Terrorism in East Asia Part TwoThis lesson dicusses terrorism in China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Indonesia.
Lesson 13: Terrorism in Asia Part ThreeThis lesson concentrates on Japan, Malasia, Mongolia, Laos, and Korea.
Lesson 14: Terrorism in Asia Part FourThis lesson pertains to terrorism and counter-terrorism in New Zealand, The Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand.
Lesson 15: Terrorism in the New World Part OneThis lesson discusses terrorism and prevention tactics in South America.
Lesson 16: Terrorism in the New World Part TwoThis lesson deals with South and Central America, Mexico, Canada, and the United States.
Lesson 17: The Politics of TerrorismThis lessons outlines the United Nation's strategy against terrorism.
Lesson 18: Who Are The Terrorists?Names of terrorist organizations and individuals.
Lesson 19: Terrorism and ReligionThis lesson describes how religion and terrorism often are connected, especially in Ireland and the Middle East.
Lesson 20: Combating TerrorismThis lesson explains why terrorism is difficult to defeat, and the problem with military tactics.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define terrorism.
- Summarize terrorism in the Old World.
- Summarize terrorism in the Middle East.
- Summarize terrorism in Africa.
- Summarize terrorism in East Asia.
- Summarize terrorism in the New World.
- Describe the politics of terrorism.
- Summarize terrorism and religion.
- Summarize techniques for combating terrorism, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|The Definition of Terrorism||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||13|
|Terrorism in Our History||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||11|
|Terrorism in England||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||18|
|Terrorism in the Old World - Part 2||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||15|
|Terrorism in the Old World - Part Three||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||18|
|Terrorism in the Old World - Part 4||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||17|
|Terrorism in the Middle East - Part 1||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||18|
|Terrorism in the Middle East - Part 2||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||20|
|Terrorism in Africa||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||20|
|Terrorism in Africa - Part 2||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||19|
|Terrorism in East Asia||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||19|
|Terrorism in East Asia Part Two||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||19|
|Terrorism in Asia Part Three||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||19|
|Terrorism in Asia Part Four||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||20|
|Terrorism in the New World - Part One||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||18|
|Terrorism in the New World - Part Two||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||19|
|The U.S. Response to Terrorism||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 17 Exam||Exam||19|
|Understanding Terrorist Groups||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 18 Exam||Exam||18|
|IRA Bombings in London and Belfast||Assignment||40|
|Lesson 19 Exam||Exam||19|
|Putting an End to Terrorism||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 20 Exam||Exam||19|
- American History Review$95.001.3 CEUs
- Salem Witch Trials$75.000.4 CEUs
- Buddhism 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Philosophy 101$85.001.0 CEUs
- Twenty Women Who Changed American History$75.000.8 CEUs
- American Heroes and Villains$75.001.0 CEUs
- Ancient Civilizations 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- History's Greatest Conspiracies$75.001.0 CEUs
- World War ll$75.001.6 CEUs
- Judaism 101: An Introduction$75.001.0 CEUs
- Bible Stories$75.001.0 CEUs
- Cosmology 101$75.001.3 CEUs
- History of the Universe$65.001.2 CEUs
- Greek Mythology$75.000.7 CEUs
- World Religions 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- American Government$95.001.6 CEUs
- American Civil War 101$75.001.3 CEUs
- American Revolutionary War 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- World War I$75.001.1 CEUs
- American Literature Review$115.000.7 CEUs
- Vietnam War$75.001.1 CEUs
- American Wars: American Revolution and Civil War$115.001.4 CEUs
- The Gulf War$75.001.6 CEUs
- Criminology Basics$60.000.7 CEUs