Online Class: Excel 2007
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
have taken this course
Course DescriptionMicrosoft Excel 2007 is a very popular business productivity application for the management and manipulation of data. Microsoft Excel is often packaged as part of Microsoft Office that includes other applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook. Other desktop applications such as Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Tools have also been added in recent releases of Office.Since its launch in 1985, Microsoft has released 24 Excel application versions for Windows, Macintosh, and OS/2 based computer systems. Each successive release incorporated new functions and features that allowed the user to customize how data was displayed, and to do more and better data management. However, Excel 2007 is by far the most powerful and versatile of them all!
In addition to a whole new look and feel, Excel 2007 has modified its underlying technical foundation that enables businesses to expand the uses, integration and reach of Excel. Microsoft has also has continued to improve security, plug security gaps, and address functional issues. All this has helped to make Excel a very stable and reliable business application.Many new features await the Excel 2007 user. Below are just a few highlights:
With the right training and understanding of Excel 2007, businesses and individual users can unlock the world of opportunities that this powerful business application offers. This Excel 2007 Online Training Course does just that and more! It assumes users have no prior experience with Excel or other spreadsheet programs. We start with the basics, and move up from there. So join us today, and lets learn the fundamentals of Excel 2007!
- Horizontal "ribbons" that display commands left-to-right instead of the traditional vertical water-flow look.
- More rows and columns to help manage your really massive spreadsheets!
- Memory management increased from 1GB to 2GB's which allows for faster computations and increased performance.
- New options for applying themes and styles which enhance the look of your spreadsheets and graphics. And, Excel now supports up to 16 million colors!
- Easier creation and use of formulas.
- New Pivot Table User Interface to help the user more effectively use pivot tables.
Universal Class, Inc. has been approved as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this approval, Universal Class, Inc. has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Accredited Provider status, Universal Class, Inc. is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its courses that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Feedback
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More InformationHave a question? Check out our FAQ or contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Introduction: Organization of this Training Guide, Uses of Excel, New Functions and Features in Excel 2007This lesson is intended to help the user become familiar with the functions and features of Microsoft's latest release of one of its most popular and powerful business applications.
Lesson 2: Getting Started with Excel: Opening a Blank or New Workbook, General OrganizationInstruction on opening a blank or new workbook, and general organization of Excel.
Lesson 3: Highlights and Main Functions: Home, Insert, Page Layout, FormulasInstruction on home navigation, and how to use Insert, Page Layout, and Formulas.
Lesson 4: Highlights and Main Functions: Data, Review, View, Add-InsIn this lesson, the Main Tabs - DATA, REVIEW, VIEW, and ADD-INS - will be discussed in more detail.
Lesson 5: Using the Excel Help FunctionHow to use the help function is expalined.
Lesson 6: Customizing the Quick Access ToolbarHow to customized the toolbar by the user to hold many different commands.
Lesson 7: Creating and Using TemplatesMicrosoft Excel 2007 provides access to a variety of free TEMPLATES. How to customize the templates as needed for themes, other required fields, logo or company name, and much more, is explained.
Lesson 8: Working with Data: Entering, Editing, Copy, Cut, Paste, Paste SpecialThis lesson begins to cover the basics of working with data. After all, this one of Excel's primary functions! Data includes text, numbers, equations and formulas, and more. Any of these data can be edited for multiple purposes.
Lesson 9: Formatting Data and Using the Right Mouse ClickFormatting helps to provide important visual interest as well as to structure the data and cells so that meaningful analysis and interpretation can be completed. Poorly formatted worksheets rarely accomplish their goals of managing and presenting data.
Lesson 10: Saving, Page Setup, and PrintingThis lesson goes into greater detail to review commands that save the workbook changes, format pages for printing, and then print the workbook output. Page Setup includes functions such as Margins, Orientation, Paper Size, Breaks, Background and Print Ti
Lesson 11: Using Headers and FootersThis lesson describes the procedures for working with Headers & Footers. Headers include text, numbers, and other content that displays at the top of each printed page.
Lesson 12: Manipulating Data using Data Names and Ranges, Filters and Sort, and Validation ListsThis lesson covers several basic procedures for manipulating data, governing how data relates to other data, viewing data in different ways, and ensuring data that is entered is valid for the specific business or other criteria.
Lesson 13: Data from External SourcesThis lesson discusses the different data sources and how data can get into an Excel worksheet other than typing or copying and pasting from within the same worksheet.
Lesson 14: Using and Formatting TablesThis lesson discusses how to use the Table functions within Excel 2007. Excel 2007 introduces predefined table formats to help quickly organize data within Excel, as well as display that data to maximize visual appeal.
Lesson 15: Basic Formulas and Use of FunctionsThis lesson begins delving into the heart of Excel 2007; using formulas and functions to manipulate and analyze data.
Lesson 16: Data Analysis Using Charts and GraphsThis lesson takes data analysis to the next level; turning numbers into visually interesting charts and graphs. Excel 2007 represents the next generation Charts Wizard! The Chart Wizard very quickly enables the creation of interesting, colorful an
Lesson 17: Managing, Inserting, and Copying WorksheetsThis lesson includes the procedures for managing worksheets within a workbook. Worksheets can be named, moved around within the workbook, inserted or deleted, and copied either within the same workbook or another workbook.
Lesson 18: Securing the Excel Document (Protect Cells and Workbook)Excel 2007 provides a couple of mechanisms to minimize unwanted or unauthorized changes to changes to a worksheet or workbook, as well as controlling access to the file itself.
Lesson 19: Advanced Formulas and FunctionsThis lesson looks at some of the more advanced formulas and functions found within Excel 2007 such as those used in more complex manually entered formulas, one of the many predefined function, or array formulas. Array formulas take Excel 2007 formulas to
Lesson 20: Advanced Worksheet FeaturesThis lesson continues to review advanced areas within Excel 2007 that allow increased management of workbooks and use of features within worksheets.
Lesson 21: Advanced Data Analysis using PivotTables and PivotChartsThis lesson covers a relatively new area in Microsoft Excel that has gained in popularity over the last couple of years because of the increased flexibility and ease of working with larger quantities of data from multiple sources.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
Course Title: Excel 2007Course Number: 7550337Languages: English - United States, Canada and other English speaking countriesCourse Type: How ToCEU Value: 1.4 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earnedAssessment Method: Lesson assignments and review examsInstructor: Dr. Metodija StojanovskiSyllabus: View SyllabusDuration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!Requirements: View Technical RequirementsCourse Fee: $50.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $75.00
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the major features and functions of Excel 2007.
- Summarize using the Excel help function.
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Use templates.
- Demonstrate working with data.
- Demonstrate formatting data.
- Utilize the save, page setup, and print functions.
- Use headers and footers.
- Manipulate data using data names and ranges, filters and sort, and validation lists.
- Create and format tables.
- Create basic formulas and functions.
- Use charts and graphs.
- Manage, insert, and copy worksheets.
- Secure Excel documents.
- Use advanced formulas and functions.
- Create PivotTables and PivotCharts, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1 : Introduction Exam 8 Lesson 2: Getting Started with Excel: Opening a Blank or New Workbook, General Organization Exam 6 Lesson 3 : Highlight and Main Functions: Home, Insert, Page Layout, Formulas Exam 7 Lesson 4 : Highlights and Main Functions: Data, Review, View, Add-Ins Exam 9 Lesson 5 : Using The Excel Help Function Exam 5 Lesson 6 : Customizing The Quick Access Toolbar Exam 7 Lesson 7 : Creating and Using Templates Exam 9 Lesson 8 : Working with Data: Entering, Editting, Copy, Cut, Paste, and Paste Special, Undo and Rep Exam 7 Lesson 9 : Formatting Data and Using the Right Mouse Click Exam 9 Lesson 10 : Saving, Page Setup, and Printing Exam 7 Lesson 11 : Using Headers and Footers Exam 6 Lesson 12 : Manipulating Data Using Names and Ranges, Filters and Sort, and Validation Options Exam 8 Lesson 13 : Data From External Sources Exam 7 Lesson 14 : Using and Formatting Tables Exam 7 Lesson 15 : Using Basic Formulas and Functions Exam 8 Lesson 16 : Data Analysis Using Charts and Graphs Exam 8 Lesson 17 : Managing Worksheets Exam 7 Lesson 18 : Securing the Excel 2007 Document (Protect Worksheets and Workbooks) Exam 6 Lesson 19 : Advanced Formulas and Functions Exam 8 Lesson 20 : Advanced Worksheet Features Exam 6 Lesson 21 Advanced Data Analysis using Pivottables and Pivotcharts Exam 9 Total Points: 154
Choose Your Subscription PlanCourse OnlyOne Course
No Certificate / No CEUs$50for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate X Includes CEUs X Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 courseCertificate CourseOne Course
Certificate & CEUs$75for 6 monthsBilled once
This course only
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 6 months No. of courses 1 coursePlatinum YearlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$189per yearYou save 50%!Billed once
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete 12 Months No. of courses 500+Platinum MonthlyALL COURSES
Certificates & CEUs$59 first month$29.00 / each consecutive month thereafterBilled monthly
Includes all 500+ courses
Includes certificate Includes CEUs Self-paced Instructor support Time to complete Monthly No. of courses 500+
- "What was most helpful was being able to work at my own pace and refer back to things I didn't understand at first....What was most helpful was being able to work at my own pace and refer back to things I didn't understand at first." -- Mary Lou H.
- "The information about tables and charts was most helpful. I knew they were available, but did not know how to use them AT ALL before this class. Now, I will begin using them....The information about tables and charts was most helpful. I knew they were available, but did not know how to use them AT ALL before this class. Now, I will begin using them." -- Sandra O.
- "What was most helpful were the step-by-step instructions with pictures. I am currently a really big Excel user but I still learned a lot. Very happy I took the course....What was most helpful were the step-by-step instructions with pictures. I am currently a really big Excel user but I still learned a lot. Very happy I took the course." -- Janelle O.
- "Having no prior experience with EXCEL all of it was new to me. I was extremely pleased with both the instructor and the course material....Having no prior experience with EXCEL all of it was new to me. I was extremely pleased with both the instructor and the course material." -- Jackie C.
- "With almost no knowledge of Excel, all parts were helpful for me....With almost no knowledge of Excel, all parts were helpful for me." -- Richard Frederick A.
- "All of it was helpful. ...All of it was helpful. " -- Arnold A.
- "All parts were helpful since they each presented material I was unfamiliar with....All parts were helpful since they each presented material I was unfamiliar with." -- Miriam H.
- View More Testimonials...