Online Class: Crime Scene Investigation 101
We're sorry, this course is no longer open for enrollment.
If you're interested in pursuing a career in crime scene investigation, this course will introduce you to the basics of practical crime scene investigation procedures and techniques. Covering the history of forensic investigation from the ancient Chinese culture to the phenomena known today as the "CSI-Effect" on the general population, this course explains the methods and protocol involved in the crime scene investigator's two prime directives: protect and preserve the evidence.
This course covers such topics as how to initially approach a crime scene; the importance of following proper procedure and protocol in searching, collecting, and packaging crime scene evidence; how to ensure the integrity and chain of evidence rules that will be acceptable in a court of law; how to identify and collect various forms of evidence ranging from biological fluids to weapons and firearms; and how to document a crime scene as well as explain different techniques for handling evidence.
This crime scene investigation course also offers techniques for interviewing witnesses and family members as well as understanding such terms as victimology and equivocal crime scenes. We'll also study the basics of blood spatter interpretation, wound anatomy, and how to observe a crime scene properly.
From initial arrival at a crime scene to testifying in court, this online class offers students the basics of one of the most fascinating jobs within the field of law enforcement.
- Completely Online
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1: A Brief History of Forensic Investigation
Lesson 2: Crime Scene Investigation Defined
Lesson 3: Protecting the Evidence
Lesson 4: Setting Crime Scene Perimeters
Lesson 5: Dealing with Witnesses and Family Members
Lesson 6: Identifying Physical Evidence
Lesson 7: Types of Evidence
Lesson 8: What Does a CSI Technician Do?
Lesson 9: Processing a Crime Scene
Lesson 10: Scene Documentation
Lesson 11: Collecting the Evidence
Lesson 12: Interpreting a Crime Scene
Lesson 13: Techniques for Handling Evidence
Lesson 14: Blood Spatter Interpretation
Lesson 15: Autopsy and Wound Anatomy
Lesson 16: Reconstructing a Crime Scene
Lesson 17: Crime Scene Kits and Equipment
Lesson 18: Test Your Mettle
- Summarize the history of forensic investigation.
- Define Crime Scene Investigation.
- Summarize the procedures for protecting the evidence.
- Summarize the processes for setting crime scene perimeters.
- Describe the methods used when dealing with witnesses and family members.
- Describe ways to identifying physical evidence.
- Define types of evidence.
- Describe what a CSI Technician does.
- Processing a Crime Scene
- Summarize how to process and document a crime scene.
- Summarize the protocols for collecting evidence.
- Describe the techniques for handling evidence.
- Summarize how to interpret blood spatter.
- Describe crime scene kits and equipment.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- "Excellent intructor, good feedback, very objective and professional and hope to take another course in the future." -- Gisela I.
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Confidence Building $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Legal Terminology 101 $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Critical Thinking $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Listening Skills 101 $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Conflict Resolution Techniques $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Innovative Thinking $95.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Serial Killers 101 $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Healthy Relationships $95.00
- 11 hours 1.1 CEUs Mediation 101 $95.00
- 2 hours 0.2 CEUs Understanding Insurance Types $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Creative Thinking $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Negotiation Skills $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Persuasion Techniques $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Assertiveness Training $95.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Emotional Intelligence $95.00