with CEU Certificate
Large sets of numbers can be daunting, and characterizing them in a few words or numbers can be even more daunting. This course considers how to take data sets--whether large or small--and describe them using a few numbers (descriptive statistics). This, however, is only a small portion of the course.
The majority of the course is dedicated to reaching statistically justified conclusions on the basis of these descriptive statistics. For instance, does the average value of one data set deviate from another in what might be called a "statistically significant" manner? To this end, the course covers cross tabulation of data (including the chi-square test), correlation, linear regression, Student's t-tests, analysis of variance (ANOVA), repeated measures analysis, and factor analysis.
Thus, this course teaches students to take sets of data, describe them using a few numbers (including the mean, variance, and skewness), and then reach statistically justifiable conclusions about those data sets. Students should come away from the course with confidence in their ability to tackle basic applied statistics problems and with the fundamental knowledge needed to learn more in-depth statistical theory.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1 - Descriptive Statistics Io Review arithmetic means and some associated concepts in descriptive statistics
o Consider other types of means, including geometric and power means
Lesson 2 - Descriptive Statistics IIo Use moments about the mean to represent measures of dispersion and asymmetry
o Calculate the variance, standard deviation, and skewness of data sets
Lesson 3 - Frequencieso Create frequency tables to represent data sets
o Calculate relative, cumulative, and cumulative relative frequencies
o Create and interpret bar graphs and histograms
Lesson 4 - Multivariate Datao Recognize multivariate data versus univariate data
o Represent multivariate data using tables and scatterplots
o Calculate descriptive statistics for multivariate data, including covariances
Lesson 5 - Cross Tabulation Io Create cross tabulations for bivariate data sets
o Review the basic terminology and procedure associated with statistical hypothesis testing
Lesson 6 - Cross Tabulation IIo Understand how to calculate the chi-square statistic for a cross tabulation
o Use the chi-square statistic to test hypotheses regarding cross tabulations
Lesson 7 - Correlationo Understand how variance can be used to define a statistic that measures the linear relationship between variables
o Use the correlation coefficient to quantify the correlation between two variables
Lesson 8 - Student's t-Tests Io Learn and apply hypothesis testing procedure to the one-sample Student's t-test
Lesson 9 - Student's t-Tests IIo Apply the paired two-sample Student's t-test to determine if two samples have statistically different means
Lesson 10 - One-Way ANOVAo Identify the test statistic for one-way ANOVA
o Use one-way ANOVA to compare the means of multiple sample groups
Lesson 11 - Repeated MeasuresRecognize repeated measures designs
Determine an alternate method of evaluating means for repeated measures designs (repeated measures ANOVA)
Lesson 12 - Factor Analysiso Recognize some of the key terms associated with factor analysis
o Understand the overall purpose and procedures of exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis
Lesson 13 - SPSSo Gain some familiarity with SPSS
o Use SPSS to calculate statistical results in some simple cases
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define descriptive statistics.
- Demonstrate statistics and the use frequencies and how to solve these problems.
- Identify multivariate data.
- Demonstration Cross Tabulation problems and solutions
- Demonstrate understanding of correlation in statistics.
- Demonstrate problem and solution use of t-Tests.
- Demonstrate One-Way ANOVA statistical problems and solutions
- Demonstrate Repeated Measures.
- Demonstrate Factor Analysis.
- Describe basic usage of SPSS for graphing and solving applied statistics problems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Descriptive Statistics I||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Descriptive Statistics II||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Frequencies||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Multivariate Data||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Cross Tabulation I||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Cross Tabulation II||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Correlation||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Students t-Tests I||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Students t-Tests II||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 One-Way ANOVA||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Repeated Measures||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Factor Analysis||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13 Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13 SPSS||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||129|
- Algebra 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level$110.003.0 CEUs
- Pre-Algebra 101$75.001.4 CEUs
- Geometry 101: Beginner to Intermediate Level$110.001.4 CEUs
- Statistics 101$120.003.5 CEUs
- Precalculus 101$110.003.5 CEUs
- Basic Math 101$75.002.1 CEUs
- ABCs of Algebra$75.003.0 CEUs
- Math All-In-One (Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry Review)$110.003.5 CEUs
- ABCs of Geometry$75.001.3 CEUs
- Business Math 101$60.001.2 CEUs