Online Class: Knitting 101
This course is designed to teach beginners the basics of knitting but it is also useful to those knitters that might need a refresher class. Whether you have just a little or no knowledge of knitting – this course is for you. Eleven lessons provide history, discussion of the tools, how to read and understand patterns and color charts, and of course how to start knitting. This course will finish up with some simple knitting projects to practice and complete.
Written instructions, pictures and video demonstrations will help teach the knitting process. Consistent knitting lingo is used throughout, so there is no need to re-learn your lessons each time. This makes it easier and more fun for you to learn to knit.
Learning how to knit has never been simpler and in just a few days you will be ready to tackle all kinds of new knitting adventures. So join the fun!
Lesson 1- Knitting History and Tools of the TradeThis first lesson will include a brief history of this arts and crafts form as well as the tools and term used.
Lesson 2- Getting StartedVery simple first step to get started.
Lesson 3- Casting OnEverything that you knit will begin with the casting on of stitches. Whether you choose later to use a machine, a loom or continue with traditional needles, you will always need to begin with casting on.
Lesson 4- Knitting in Two StitchesDid you know that everything in knitting is comprised of two basic stitches? It is-the knit stitch and purl stitch. These two stitches, and a few other techniques, make up every piece of knit fabric you see and make.
Lesson 5- Knit StitchIn this lesson we will learn and practice the Knit Stitch.
Lesson 6- Purl StitchIn this lesson we will learn and practice the Purl Stitch
Lesson 7- Binding OffAfter you feel that you have the hang of knit and purl, you will need to learn to Bind Off. Binding off means that you have finished knitting and are ready to end your piece. No matter what your project, you will use this method to "stop" knitting.
Lesson 8- Basic Combinations and Reading InstructionsNow that you have learned the absolute basics for all knitting stitches, knit and purl, you have many opportunities to combine them for even more stitches.
Lesson 9- Other TechniquesWe did not want to leave you without mentioning some other techniques not covered in detail, since this is a basic course. However we'd like to share general information on them.
Lesson 10- Putting it All TogetherIn this lesson we will focus on putting this all together to complete a knitting project.
Lesson 11- Finishing Your ProjectsIn this final lesson we will discuss some techniques used to finish a Knitting Project.
- Summarize the history of knitting.
- Prepare for knitting.
- Demonstrate purling and binding off.
- Demonstrate checking your gauge, combinations and ribbing.
- Demonstrate knitting in the round and alternate needles.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "Great course! It was very helpful in getting started with my knitting journey!" -- Anasylvia T.
- "The course helped me learn something that I probably would not have done it on my own." -- Amy H.
- "The instructor was very helpful." -- Ciara B.
- "it is very much helpful to me and to everyone." -- Mounica A.
- "It was all helpful." -- Linda P.
- "The instructor and the course inspired me to be creative. Also inspired me in idea's on making my own beaded stitch markers in the future." -- Charlesa Kaye R.
- "I like that I finished the course having completed a knitted object." -- Janet Q.
- "I thought this was a fun and great learning experience for a beginner to learn how to knit." -- Donna S.
- "The entire course was well constructed. Thank you very much it was a pleasure." -- Rosemarie L.
- "The course is interesting and encourages me to continue knitting." -- Beatrice N.
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs Candle Making 101 + More Info
- 10 hours 1.0 CEUs Interior Design 101 + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Party Planning 101 + More Info
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Wedding Planning 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Introduction to Gardening + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Landscaping 101 + More Info
- 10 hours 1.0 CEUs Sewing 101 + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs How to Decorate a Room + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Catering 101 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Special Events Planning + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Etiquette Consultant + More Info
- 3 hours 0.3 CEUs Tea Parties 101 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Early Childhood Development 101 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs How to Start a Craft Business + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Watercolor Painting 101 + More Info
- 10 hours 1.0 CEUs Floral Arrangement 101 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Home Safety + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles + More Info
- 17 hours 1.7 CEUs Mixed Media Art + More Info
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Western Calligraphy + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Wedding Traditions Around the World + More Info
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Traditional Scrapbooking 101 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Interior Decorating Made Easy + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Genealogy 101 + More Info