with CEU Certificate
Welcome to this course on eBay: How to Buy and How to Sell on eBay. Whether you're looking for an antique or the latest in electronic gadgets, eBay is one of the most likely online resources for you to find what you're looking for. eBay can also be a lucrative home-based business for men or women looking to generate more income, whether you're struggling in a tough economy or you want to make extra money selling your crafts, collectables or even your car.
We hope you'll enjoy this basic how-to course regarding buying and selling on eBay. In this course, students will learn how eBay got started and grew from just an idea to a multi-billion dollar business in less than a decade.
We'll give you a brief background and tips on deciding what to sell on eBay, how to set up an eBay and PayPal account, and how you can bid for everything from a skein of yarn to rare jade and autographed collectibles to sports equipment to a new engine for your car.
Selling on eBay, the importance of creating good item descriptions and taking good photos of your items is covered in this course, as is encouraging loyalty and positive feedback that enhances your moneymaking efforts. The importance of customer service is also discussed in this course, as is a discussion of how best to resolve customer complaints or disputes. We'll also share ideas with you on what to do (and not do) when listing an item for sale or auction.
We'll show you how to make and send payments or items for your eBay purchases or sales, and how to make the best use of eBay's seller's tools. We'll wrap up the course with a brief mention of tips for success on eBay, setting up your own eBay store, and how to register your eBay business online.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: EBay: How it All BeganEBay connects millions of people wanting to sell, buy, or trade around the world and enjoy raving success at doing so.
Lesson 2: Setting up an Account on eBaySetting up an account on eBay is not complicated, but there is information that you will be asked for. In this lesson, we will go over how to do this.
Lesson 3: Deciding What to Sell on eBayIn this lesson, we will talk about popular items to sell on eBay. We also will talk about what items to stay away from and what items or services are illegal to sell.
Lesson 4: Buying on eBayItems listed for sale on eBay may either be bid upon or listed under a "Buy it Now" option.
Lesson 5: Setting Up a PayPal AccountThe basics of how to set up a PayPal account are explained in this lesson.
Lesson 6: Selling on eBayThere are a few extra steps you need to take to become a seller.
Lesson 7: Listing Items on eBayIn this lesson, we will cover how you can list your items on eBay, the importance of choosing the right category for your item, describing your item, the importance of pictures, and how you set a bid amount or price that you can get for your item.
Lesson 8: Accepting and Sending PaymentsIn this lesson, we will cover a variety of options and choices that you can make when accepting or sending payments.
Lesson 9: Shipping ItemsOnce the item is ready for shipment, it is time to figure out the best way to send your packages.
Lesson 10: eBay Seller ToolsUnderstanding both ends of the buying and selling spectrum will help you not only buy and sell for profit on eBay but take advantage of all the opportunities, options, and tools that eBay offers.
Lesson 11: The Importance of Customer ServiceTreat your customers the way you would like to be treated if you were buying a product.
Lesson 12: Dispute ResolutionHow you deal with difficulties will also have a large impact on the reputation and customer feedback you receive on eBay.
Lesson 13: Tips to Success on eBayTaking certain steps to ensure a successful business endeavor as an eBay seller requires focus, organization, and a good degree of customer service.
Lesson 14: Setting Up an eBay StoreOpening an eBay store may offer you an advantage over individual listings or auction items.
Lesson 15: Legal Issues with eBayFinancial responsibilities and tax obligations go hand in hand with starting a profitable eBay business.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe what is eBay.
- Determine setting up an account on eBay.
- Demonstrate deciding what to sell on eBay.
- Demonstrate buying on eBay.
- Demonstrate setting up a PayPal account.
- Demonstrate selling on eBay.
- Demonstrate listing items on eBay.
- Describe accepting and sending payments.
- Summarize shipping items.
- Describe eBay seller tools.
- Summarize the importance of customer service.
- Summarize dispute resolution process when buying and selling on eBay.
- Summarize tips to success on eBay.
- Describe setting up an eBay store.
- Identify legal issues with eBay, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||70|
- Virtual Assistant 101$65.001.4 CEUs
- Creating WordPress Websites$60.001.0 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Dreamweaver 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Small Business Guide$60.001.1 CEUs
- Pinterest$45.000.3 CEUs
- How to Create Web Pages$55.001.2 CEUs
- Social Media 101 (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)$55.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$60.001.0 CEUs
- How to Start a Craft Business$70.001.0 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Internet Fundamentals 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Internet Marketing Basics$60.001.2 CEUs
- Home Business$60.001.1 CEUs