Course Syllabus: Business Writing
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe ways to manage your business writing.
- Describe editing tools used to making your message more accessible to the reader.
- Summarize basic spelling and punctuation rules.
- Describe what your tone should be in business writing.
- Describe how to be politically correct in your business writing.
- Demonstrate acceptable methods for writing business letters.
- Demonstrate acceptable methods for writing business memos.
- Demonstrate how to write acceptable business emails and proper email etiquette.
- Demonstrate how to correctly write and format resumes and application letters.
- Describe the three major writing rules when writing for business, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment: Introduce Yourself||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 1 Quiz||Exam||7|
|Lesson 2: Assignment: Proposal||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 3 Assignment: Start-Up Sheet||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Periods||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Spelling Test||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Verbs||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment: Punctuation||Assignment||15|
|Assignment 4-1: Punctuation Practice||Assignment||20|
|Assignment 4-2: Memo Writing||Assignment||26|
|Lesson 4 Quiz||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment: Tone||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Quiz||Exam||8|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Quiz||Exam||7|
|Assignment 7-1: Sympathy Letter||Assignment||25|
|Assignment 7-2: Resignation Letter||Assignment||25|
|Assignment 7-3 Complaint Letter||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Quiz||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8: Practice Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment: Practice Exercise||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment A: Business Notes Writing||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Assignment 11-1: Meeting Email||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Quiz||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam Addition||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment: Email Writing||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 13: Resume Formats||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 14 Assignment: Application Letter Writing||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||11|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 17 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 18 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 19 Exam||Exam||10|
- How to Write an Effective Business Memo
- How to Properly Write a Personal Business Letter
- How to Write a Professional Business Letter
- Using Politically Correct Language in Business Communication
- How to Write a Business Email
- Strategies for Giving a Successful Presentation
- The Need to Market Yourself in a Small Business
- Establishing a Goal in Persuasive Writing
- Grow Your Company by Providing a Customer-Focused Business
- Using Humor in Communications
- Business Management: Developing Your Team Resources
- SpeedWriting Techniques
- How to Write an Effective and Persuasive Speech
- The Value of Great Customer Service
- Understanding the Communication Climate