| || || |
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery).
UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
| || |
One of the most important and intimidating steps in the job search process is writing a solid resume that gets the attention you want and need. Unfortunately, many job seekers get overwhelmed before they even get started. The result is poorly-written resumes that are built on top of templates that don't do the job seeker any good.
Today, resumes must appeal to potential employers while also being optimized for the electronic age. Whether you are handing a resume over in person or are emailing an electronic copy to be added to an online database, the words you use and the formatting you choose will make a big difference in whether or not you get that interview.
This course teaches you not just what a resume should look like, but what it should say. It walks you step-by-step through the creation of the most common sections found on resumes in today's job market. In addition to helping you determine what information should be included, it also goes a step further to help you realize what pitfalls to avoid when creating this powerful, job-searching tool.
Request More Information
Have a question? Contact us for more information.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what a resume is and its purpose.
- Define types of resumes.
- Prepare to write your resume.
- Draft a resume for presentation.
- Develop the Professional Objective and Education Sections of your resume.
- Develop the Experience Section of your resume.
- Develop the Skills Section of your resume.
- Develop the Honors and Awards Section of your resume.
- Define the Activities and Interests Section of your resume.
- Summarize ways to bolster your resume appropriately.
- Polish your resume.
- Create a cover letter, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Lesson 1 - An Introduction to the ResumeThis lesson discusses what you can expect to learn throughout this course, including what a resume is and why it is important.
Lesson 2 - Types of ResumesThis lesson discusses the four basic types of resumes, including chronological, functional, combination, and cirricula vitae.
Lesson 3 - Preparing to Write Your ResumeIn this lesson you will learn about what type of information you should gather in order to prepare your resume.
Lesson 4 - PresentationThis lesson focuses on the look of your resume, including paper types, length, and using a template.
Lesson 5 - Professional Objective and Education SectionThis lesson focuses on crafting your professional objective and your educational experience.
Lesson 6 - ExperienceThis lesson discusses what type of experiences you should include on your resume.
Lesson 7 - Skills SectionThis lesson focuses on determining what type of skills you should include on your resume and how to present them.
Lesson 8 - Honors and AwardsThis lesson focuses on identifying and listing honors and awards on your resume.
Lesson 9 - Activities and InterestsThis lesson looks at what activities and interests you may want to consider adding to your resume, and how to fit them in.
Lesson 10 - Bolstering Your ResumeThis lesson looks at ways you can bolster your resume to make your experience more relevant or if you lack job experience.
Lesson 11 - Polishing Your ResumeThis lesson focuses on what you can do to polish your resume, including making it stand out and what to avoid.
Lesson 12 - Cover LettersThis lesson discusses cover letters, including what it is, what should be included, and how to format one.
Lesson 13 - Resumes in the Digital AgeThis lesson focuses on issues around digital formats, including scanning, using keyworks, and resume alternatives.
|Course Title ||: ||Resume Writing 101 |
|CEU Value ||: || |
|Standard ||: || |
Course Adheres to the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard
|Accreditation ||: || |
|Languages ||: ||English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries |
|Course Number ||: ||8900119 |
|Course Type ||: ||How To |
|Course URL ||: || |
|Course Rating ||: || |
|Instructor ||: || |
|Syllabus ||: || |
|Grading Policy ||: || |
Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive a CEU Certificate documenting CEUs earned
|Assessment Method ||: || |
Lesson assignments and review exams
|Duration ||: ||Continuous: Enroll anytime! |
|Requirements ||: ||View Technical Requirements |
|Course Fee ||: || |
Basic Course: $35.00 (no CEU Certificate)
| || || |
Choose from 5 Secured Payment Methods
| ||Credit Card Online || ||Credit Card through FAX |
| ||Check/Money Order through Mail || ||Credit Card over the Phone |
| ||PayPal || |
|To use any of these methods you must press the "Join this Course" button on this screen and go through the online registration process in order to generate the correct order form and correctly process your enrollment. All financial information is secured and encrypted using Verisign-approved SSL during transmission. |
Other Related Classes in Career Training
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures Most of us learned spelling and grammar in elementary school and brushed up on the rules occasionally in junior high or middle school. Once we entered high school, it was assumed we knew and remembered all of the essentials -- and slowly we discovered t...
- Business Writing Basics We live in world where communication is paramount to survival. In a work environment where communication is equated with the professionalism and efficiency of an individual, would you jeopardize your career because of bad writing? Do you want the embarra...
- Punctuation and Grammar 101 Do you need a refresher course in basic punctuation and grammar? Is your business writing, school writing or personal writing a disaster and you're tired of stressing over mistakes? Improper grammar and punctuation is a sign for some people, right or w...
- Spelling 101 Do you use your Spell Check on your computer obsessively? Are you afraid to write anything without a dictionary or computer spelling program? Are you receiving low grades on schoolwork because of poor spelling? Are your business emails filled with emba...
- Writing Improvement 101 We know that effective writing will help students in their coursework but it's equally important to write well in the workplace. If a job interviewer is considering two qualified candidates, the candidate who can write well will have the edge. If you're ...
- Business Math 101 This course takes you through an overview of the wonderful world of business mathematics. The course is designed for a person of any age and anywhere in the world. All that is required of the learner are a computer, a connection to the internet, a c...
- ABCs of Technical Writing Technical writing is the art and science of translating technical information into readable, accessible writing usable by a wide audience. If you have ever read the user's manual for a piece of software or equipment you've purchased, you've seen technica...
- Freelance Writing 101 If you have ever dreamed of being a freelance writer this course is for you. Get started today learning about this exciting field and in no time you can be on your way to earning a living, extra income, and more, by doing something that you love – ...
- Basic Research Skills Basic Research Skills teaches you how to determine what you need to know when you need to know it. With all of the information readily available today, it's difficult to deciper good information from bad information. Instead of turning to an Internet se...
- Interview Skills 101 Preparing for your job interview could very well be one of the most important moments of your career. Landing the perfect job can be a challenge, but with the determination and passion you will need to begin a successful career, you can easily overcome t...
- Travel Writing 101 Travel writing is a fun, interesting and fulfilling career. If your goal is to become a full-time travel writer who is able to live off your income from writing alone, it is important to understand that travel writing, like any other career, requires you...
- Understanding Business Administration 101 Whether you are already running a business, have yet to start one or have been hired to support a business owner, it is important to know the basics of the business administrative process. This course will trace a path through the inception, setup a...