with CEU Certificate*
The Blueprint Reading for Machinists course is a comprehensive guide to interpreting drawings commonly found in manufacturing. This is the 'short course' of 'need to know' information for blueprint reading in machine trades. Beginning with the background of blueprints, looking at the types of lines used on a drawing, and how parts are shown in different views. Dimensioning and Tolerancing are explained, as well as an introduction to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
This course is intended as an introduction to understanding blueprints and being able to visualize and understand the intent of the designer or draftsman as presented in a blueprint. The first step in making quality parts or assemblies is interpreting the drawing correctly and applying the given information to the final product.
Completing this course will enhance the learner's ability to gain employment in a manufacturing/machining area and/or increase their chances of advancement in related areas.
All materials required for the Blueprint Reading for Machinists course are contained within the course. A student may utilize drawings found in their workplace as reference to concepts presented in the course.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson One - Intro to Blueprint ReadingThe background of drawings, the standards used to create drawings, some of the basics of any drawing, and units of measurement.
Lesson Two - LinesThe five main types of lines that are used in drawings, other types of lines commonly found in a blueprint, and examples of all types of lines.
Lesson Three - ViewsThe shape and complexity of a part or assembly will determine the number and types of views on a blueprint. This lesson will address the different views commonly found on a blueprint, with examples of their use and descriptions.
Lesson Four - Dimensioning & TolerancingAll parts have size features and limitations to those features. This unit details various methods of indicating a feature size and the importance of creating limits for feature sizes.
Lesson Five - Geometric Dimensioning & TolerancingThis is an introduction to a higher level of dimensioning and tolerancing becoming more prevalent with the greater demand for consistent quality parts manufactured world-wide.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the standards used to create drawings and units of measurement.
- Describe the six main types of lines that are used in drawings.
- Describe the number and types of views on a blueprint.
- Summarize the various methods of indicating a feature size and the importance of creating limits for feature sizes.
- Describe geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson One Review Quiz||Exam||100|
|Identification of Lines||Assignment||30|
|Lesson Two Review Quiz||Exam||100|
|Lesson Three Review Quiz||Exam||99.9000015258789|
|Dimensioning and Tolerancing||Assignment||20|
|Dimensioning and Tolerancing II||Assignment||20|
|Lesson Four Review Quiz||Exam||99.9599990844727|
|Lesson Five Review Quiz||Exam||99.9599990844727|
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone$90.003.2 CEUs
- Medical Terminology 101$75.001.8 CEUs
- Anatomy and Physiology 101$90.002.1 CEUs
- Electronics 101$90.001.9 CEUs
- Adobe Premiere 101$95.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Lightroom 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- PowerPoint 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- OneNote 2013$45.000.5 CEUs
- Office 2013: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Quicken 101$50.001.0 CEUs
- Photoshop Elements 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Adobe Photoshop 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Introduction to SQL$70.001.7 CEUs
- QuickBooks 101$80.001.0 CEUs
- Creating WordPress Websites$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Access 2013$75.001.0 CEUs
- Learn HTML - Create Webpages Using HTML5$70.001.0 CEUs
- Advanced Excel 2013$75.001.7 CEUs
- Introduction to CSS$70.001.1 CEUs
- Adobe After Effects 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Google Analytics 101$70.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Excel 2013$65.001.5 CEUs
- Computer Basics 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- Windows 8$60.000.7 CEUs
- MS Word 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Google+ for Business$45.000.5 CEUs
- Microsoft Outlook 2013$45.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Publisher 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Dreamweaver 101$85.001.0 CEUs
- Office 2010: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook$110.003.5 CEUs
- Adobe Illustrator 101$65.001.0 CEUs