Online Class: Slack
with CEU Certificate*
With office environments turning towards telecommuting and remote teams, businesses need a way to communicate quickly. Email and voice calls are useful, but Slack offers an even faster way for users to communicate and stay productive. Slack’s chat service improves communication, event planning, and team workflow to improve productivity.
This course takes you through every aspect of Slack server from creating a new one to customizing it for users. Users too can customize Slack, but most settings and configurations must be done by administrators. This course explains how to create a server, and then dives into the many ways to use it for better, faster communication with team members.
Slack comprises channels where teams can communicate in private with each other. This course explains how to create and work with channels to ensure that team members can communicate during important projects. Channels also organize messages so that they can easily be reference later.
Search features are covered so that users can find important, archived messages. Formatting communication is also important when sending messages, and this course covers the many ways users can bold, italicize, strikethrough and set up messages as code blocks. Slack includes direct message capabilities, and this course covers the ways users can communicate between each other without posting publicly in channels.
Finally, administration settings and configurations are covered to help new administrators understand the many ways they can customize their server for other users, including analytics. With this course, anyone will understand how to create a server and interact with it as an administrator and standard user.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area but you should have a high school reading level. No books will be required
Lesson 1: Introduction to Slack
Lesson 2: How to Get Started with Slack
Lesson 3: Working with Channels
Lesson 4: Direct-Private Messaging
Lesson 5: Linking Calendars with Slack
Lesson 6: Sharing and Uploading Files
Lesson 7: Using Slack Commands
Lesson 8: Searching Messages
Lesson 9: Basic Text Formatting and Reactions
Lesson 10: Administration and Analytics
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class.
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1 Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Exam||9|
|Lesson 10 Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||58|
- What is Slack?
- How to Perform Text Formatting and Customizations in Slack
- What are Channels and How to Use Them in Slack
- How to Upload and Share Files in Slack
- How to Link Your Calendars with Slack
- Financial Aspects of a Business Coaching Career
- Considering Special Circumstances in Legal Employee Termination
- Basics of a Career as a Business Coach
- Determining Brand Value
- The Concepts of Perception And Attribution in Organizational Behavior in Business
- How and When to Use Visual Aids to Make an Effective Presentation
- The Facts about Violence on College Campuses
- Ways to Rehearse Your Speech for an Effective Presentation
- The Need to Create Your Own Informational Database to bean Effective Personal Assistant
- How to Avoid Workplace Violence with a Readiness and Response Overview