This medical terminology course covers the medical language and terminology used by health care professionals everywhere. If you're interested in pursuing a health and science career requiring the ability to communicate with physicians, dentists, or other medical professionals, this class will meet all your needs.
In easy to review lessons, you'll find our user-friendly format will not only give you a solid foundation in medical language, but can be completed at your own convenience.
Through well-written and concise rich text, pictures, diagrams, HD Video, and interactive assignments and exams, this course teaches you how to analyze individual medical word parts such as prefixes, suffixes and word roots. This course also covers body system dynamics, medical language, body orientation, health, wellness, and disease terms. You will learn the basic components of medical terminology as it relates to each body system as well as the instruments used in assessment.
This course is ideal if you are...
- working with doctors, nurses, or other medical personnel
- interested in pursuing a career in medical transcription, medical billing or medical coding
- looking to become a physician's secretary or medical support staff
- need a review or extra tutoring for your anatomy and physiology classes
- want a jump start in the medical field before starting college
- interested in learning the latest in medical language
You can begin today--enroll right now!
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define and recognize basic word roots, prefixes, and suffixes.
- Describe human body orientation.
- Describe the human body in health and disease.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the cardiovascular system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the digestive system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the lymphatic system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the musculoskeletal system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the nervous system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the respiratory system.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the skin and sense organs.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the endocrine system and urinary systems.
- Recognize and define terms relating to the male and female reproductive systems.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Why are you taking a medical terminology course?||1 points|
|Quiz 1||20 points|
|Quiz 2||20 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||5 points|
|Quiz 3||17 points|
|Quiz 4||20 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||5 points|
|Quiz 5||14 points|
|Quiz 6||10 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||5 points|
|Quiz 7||8 points|
|Quiz 8||8 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||5 points|
|Quiz 9||10 points|
|Quiz 10||10 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||5 points|
|Quiz 11||8 points|
|Quiz 12||11 points|
|Quiz 13 - Mid-Term Course Review||195 points|
|Quiz 14||18 points|
|Final Exam||78 points|
Life Coaching Courses
Medical Terminology Courses
Substance Abuse Awareness Courses
Recovery and Addiction Myths
I'm a Recovering Addict. How Do I Avoid a Relapse?
Concussion Facts: Treatment and Drugs
Human Anatomy Courses
Confidence and Self Esteem Courses
Mental Development Courses
Stress Management Courses
HIPAA: Administrative Simplification Rules
Medical Billing and Coding Course Bundle
I Want to Become a Medical Assistant
Caring for Seniors
Workplace Harassment Courses
Introduction to Medical Coding
Healthcare Code and Conduct
What Do Medical Records Transcriptionists Do?
Anatomy and Physiology 101