Persuasion 101: Learn How to Persuade
with CEU Certificate*
Have you ever purchased something or agreed with someone and wondered later what made you give in so easily? Do you want to learn how to give a persuasive presentation by yourself?
Learn about "reciprocation," and how this age-old technique of mutual giving works in influence. Commitment and Consistency and Social Proof are tools that are absolutely necessary in the art of persuasion, both to use and to recognize. Additionally, Liking, Authority and Scarcity are all fascinating concepts that are used in our daily lives. Become skilled at identifying and employing these tools so that you can become a master of the art of persuasion.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: The Art and Science of PersuasionThis lesson will examine the definition of persuasion and provide a guide to this study.
Lesson 2: Persuasion -- Art and ScienceThe art of convincing someone to buy your product or agree to your terms has been studied for eons. This lesson will provide a more in-depth examination of these basic tools.
Lesson 3: The First Rule: ReciprocityHumans are programmed for reciprocity. This is a powerful persuasive tool that will be discussed in this lesson.
Lesson 4: The Rule of Commitment and ConsistencyHumans instinctively crave to appear consistent. This lesson will discuss how this human behavior can be an effective tool in the art of persuasion.
Lesson 5: The Rule of Social ProofAccording to the social proof principle, humans are heavily influenced by the actions of others.
Lesson 6: The Rule of LikingWhat is it that makes a person so likable that we want to buy from them, join their cause, or otherwise change our minds in order to go along with them? This lesson will discuss this phenomenon and apply it to skills for persuasion.
Lesson 7: The Rule of AuthorityIt is fascinating when we understand that we all tend to treat people differently, depending upon their titles or the status we perceive them to have in society.
Lesson 8: The Rule of ScarcityIn understanding the components of persuasion, the rule of scarcity is the most fascinating phenomenon.
Lesson 9: SpinWhat is spin, besides the massaging of information to make it more palatable? It is a subtle way of interpreting events and words through the filter of one's beliefs.
Lesson 10: CommunicationThe most effective tool in persuasive communications is tapping into the emotions of your audience, whether it be hope, anger, loyalty, resentment, or humor.
Lesson 11: EthicsIt's important to understand the difference between persuasion, education, and propaganda.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Describe the art and science of persuasion.
- Describe persuasion -- art and science.
- Summarize the rule of commitment and consistency.
- Summarize the rule of social proof.
- Summarize the rule of liking.
- Summarize the rule of authority.
- Summarize the rule of scarcity.
- Describe communication process and the role of ethics in persuasion, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Follow up Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||50|
- "Enjoyed the class a lot! The teacher kept me motivated with his emails. I felt like Palov's dog! More praise if I do a good job with the assignments!!! Found it very helpful to understand the difference between influence and persuasion. I applied the skills in this entire course to a 2.5 HR sales presentation last Friday. At the end of the presentation, the VP of Finance said, "That's the best presentation I've sat through in years." I feel that this course helped me A LOT." -- Lisa D.
- "The whole course was excellent and of great help." -- Shirly K.
- "Great instructor! And great course! I really enjoyed it and learned!" -- Fanny V.
- "The Persuasion class was a great course! I recommend this course for both seasoned and new sales professionals." -- Margaret K.