Rich in culture, land, people, customs, and beliefs, the United States grew from a country of thirteen colonies, to a large country of fifty states, to a superpower in the world with one of the largest economies. This course will guide you along a path of discovery as you learn how this nation was born, how its powerful Constitution formed, and how it struggled internally and externally as it learned and continues to learn the boundaries, dynamics, and relationships based upon the three ideals of liberty, equality, and the pursuit of happiness.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,
Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Summarize the Beginnings to 1600.
- Summarize the European Settlements 1600-1775.
- Summarize the Forming a New Nation 1775-1800.
- Summarize the the Establishment of the New Nation.
- Summarize the Nation Expands 1801-1850.
- Summarize the Nation Divides 1850-1865.
- Summarize the development into a Modern Nation 1860-1920.
- Summarize the Nation in Turmoil 1920-1935.
- Summarize the Nation at War 1935-1945.
- Summarize the The Aftermath 1945-1949.
- Summarize the National Identity Issues and Scandals 1950-1969.
- Summarize the Rise of the Individual 1970-1993.
- Summarize the Time of Growing Suspicions and Fears 1994-2008.
- Summarize the American Lifestyle after WWII to Today.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||50 points|
|An Introduction||5 points|
|Christopher Columbus||25 points|
|Lesson 1 Exam||13 points|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||25 points|
|Lesson 2 Exam||12 points|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||50 points|
|Lesson 3 Exam||15 points|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||50 points|
|Lesson 4 Exam||13 points|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||50 points|
|Lesson 5 Exam||11 points|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||50 points|
|Slavery and the American Civil War||20 points|
|Lesson 6 Exam||13 points|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||50 points|
|Carpetbaggers and Scalawags||20 points|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10 points|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||50 points|
|The Treaty of Versailles and the Middle East||20 points|
|Lesson 8 Exam||3 points|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||50 points|
|The KKK||20 points|
|Lesson 9 Exam||12 points|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||50 points|
|Lesson 10 Exam||12 points|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||50 points|
|Nuremberg Trials||20 points|
|Lesson 11 Exam||14 points|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||50 points|
|Brown v. Board of Education 1954||20 points|
|Lesson 12 Exam||9 points|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||50 points|
|The Iran Hostage Crisis||20 points|
|Lesson 13 Exam||12 points|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||50 points|
|Lesson 14 Exam||14 points|
|Lesson 14.1 Exam||12 points|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||50 points|
|The Final Exam||48 points|