with CEU Certificate
Welcome to our online introduction class on Judaism 101. In this course, students will experience the beginnings of Judaism and become familiar with some of the basic beliefs and tenants of one of the largest religions in the world. You'll be introduced to the Synagogue and life customs and traditions such as bris and bar mitzvah. Jewish celebrations and Holy Days are also briefly introduced in order to offer greater understanding of the origination and importance of traditions found within Judaism.
During this course, you'll also be introduced into home life in a Jewish family, as well as the types of foods considered kosher. You'll gain a glimpse into the written and oral laws of Judaism and understand why they're so important to the Jewish people, from rules regarding marriage to how Jewish families grieve the loss of a loved one. Concepts regarding Jewish prayer, beliefs regarding mysticism, and the existence of angels and demons, heaven and hell are also covered.
We'll offer students a brief history of the leaders, prophets and kings of the Jewish people from the time of Abraham to the destruction of the second temple, followed by a review of one of the most tragic periods in human history - the Holocaust. Our basic course into Judaism will conclude with the literal rebirth of the Jewish nation and their continued struggle to maintain a land they can call their home - the modern state of Israel.
We hope this course will interest students into continuing their learning and research of Judaism, in order to encourage tolerance, knowledge and acceptance of religions around the world.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: What is Judaism?From ancient times to today, Judaism has provided millions of individuals around the world with a solid foundation for their religious, cultural, and spiritual beliefs.
Lesson 2: Who's Who in the SynagogueUnderstanding Jewish leadership in the synagogue or temple means learning the basics of how the synagogue functions as a whole and how its leaders are responsible for offering the guidance, examples and lessons of their faith.
Lesson 3: Life TraditionsIn this lesson, we'll briefly cover each milestone and the different traditions involved in their recognition and celebration.
Lesson 4: Jewish Celebrations and Holy DaysIn this lesson, we'll go through the calendar year and highlight some of the most important holy days - and traditions or celebrations - of the Jewish faith.
Lesson 5: The Jewish HomeIn a Jewish home, family life and marriage are considered a religious obligation.
Lesson 6: Jewish Foods and CuisineIn this lesson, we will go over the basic laws and traditions when it comes to Jewish cooking and food preparation.
Lesson 7: Jewish Written LawsIn this lesson, we'll cover some of the basics in regard to Jewish written law and how such laws affect the lives, beliefs and practices of Jewish people around the world.
Lesson 8: The Oral LawsWhile the Torah includes a written description, interpretation and commentary regarding laws, oral laws involve legal decisions and are open to discussion, deliberation, and interpretation to some degree.
Lesson 9: Jewish Burial Rituals and TraditionsIn this lesson, you'll learn the basics regarding a few Jewish burial traditions and rituals, as well as how funerals are prepared.
Lesson 10: Abraham to ExodusIn this lesson, we'll cover the period of Jewish history from the time of Abraham, to the Exodus of the Jewish people from Egypt.
Lesson 11: The Books of MosesThe book of Exodus focuses on instructing the Israeli people regarding the need for redemption, and how to prepare for such redemption.
Lesson 12: From King David to the Lesser ProphetsIn this lesson, you'll receive a brief introduction into some of the most well-known and respected figures of the Old Testament, who helped to guide and develop Judaism, culture, and instruct the people to follow Judaic law, traditions, and rituals.
Lesson 13: Jewish PrayersIn this lesson, we'll offer a brief introduction into the concept of prayer in Judaism.
Lesson 14: Jewish MysticismIn this lesson, students will gain a brief introduction into the Jewish belief system involving angels and prophets, and dreams and visions, which may be considered mysterious by some, and perfectly natural for others.
Lesson 15: The HolocaustKnown by the Jewish people as Shoah, the term Holocaust refers to one of the most tragic and horrifying periods of history of the Jewish people.
Lesson 16: Starting OverThe State of Israel was established on May 14,1948. A tentative peace was created with its Arab neighbors, an uneasy peace fraught with struggles, outbreaks of violence, and sometimes war.
Lesson 17: The Six-Day WarDuring the days leading up to the Six-Day War, Israel was surrounded by nearly 500,000 troops, 3,000 tanks, and 800 military aircraft from their detractors.
Lesson 18: Influential Jewish ContributionsIn the following lesson, we'll give you a brief glimpse into some of the most important contributors to society in a variety of categories.
Lesson 19: Post Modern Age JudaismWe conclude this lesson on your introduction into Judaism with the feelings and attitudes regarding both the ancient homeland of Israel, and the country as a modern state.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what Judaism is.
- Describe who's who in the Synagogue.
- Summarize life traditions.
- Summarize Jewish celebrations and holy days.
- Describe the Jewish home.
- Summarize Jewish foods and cuisine.
- Summarize Jewish Written Laws.
- Describe the Oral Laws.
- Describe Jewish Burial Rituals and Traditions.
- Summarize Abraham to Exodus.
- Describe The Books of Moses.
- Summarize From King David to the Lesser Prophets.
- Summarize Jewish Prayers.
- Describe Jewish Mysticism.
- Summarize The Holocaust.
- Describe The Six-Day War.
- Summarize influential Jewish contributions.
- Describe Post Modern Age Judaism, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 16 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 16 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 17 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 17 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 18 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 18 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 19 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 19 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||81|
- Christianity 101: An Introduction$60.001.0 CEUs
- Hinduism 101: An Introduction$60.000.9 CEUs
- Salem Witch Trials$50.000.4 CEUs
- Buddhism 101$55.001.0 CEUs
- Philosophy 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Ancient Civilizations 101$60.001.0 CEUs
- History's Greatest Conspiracies$55.001.0 CEUs
- Judaism 101: An Introduction$55.001.0 CEUs
- Angels 101: History, Religion, Spiritualism and You$60.001.0 CEUs
- Bible Stories$60.001.0 CEUs
- World Religions 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- History of Terrorism 101$60.001.9 CEUs
- World War l and ll$80.002.7 CEUs