Hotel Management 101
with CEU Certificate*
0Studentshave taken this course
The hospitality industry offers today's young men and women an interesting and exciting career. Management of a hotel or restaurant calls for a wide range of capabilities. For those wishing a rewarding and challenging life of service to others, a future in the hospitality field should be seriously considered.
- Completely Online
- Instructor Support
- IACET CEUs
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
Request More Information
Lesson 1: History and Profile of the Hospitality IndustryThis lesson describes the evolution of the hotel, the different types, and the managerial aspects.
Lesson 2: Setting Goals and ObjectivesThis lesson describes a manager's duties, job opportunities, and educational programs and financial aid available.
Lesson 3: Managing PeopleThis lesson describes the different job positions in the hotel, managerial duties, and sales and marketing techniques.
Lesson 4: Invest Time In Your PersonnelThis lesson discusses interviewing, training, and motivational aspects when hiring employees.
Lesson 5: The Reservation ExperienceThis lesson covers reservations, customer special requests, travel agencies, and cancellations.
Lesson 6: Guest Accounting PracticesThis lesson describes the different methods of payment, credit limits, and the special needs of a casino hotel.
Lesson 7: Managing Guest ServicesThis lesson addresses guest amenities, room rates, and preventing problems.
Lesson 8: Food and Beverage ManagementThis lesson covers everything from planning menus and cooks to meeting and convention planning.
Lesson 9: Hotel EnvironmentThis lesson deals with staff issues and hotel security.
Lesson 10: How Outstanding Managers Beat Work OverloadThis lesson explains how to separate work from home life, and which area you would be most comfortable in the hotel management.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- Describe the history and profile of the hospitality industry.
- Summarize setting goals and objectives.
- Describe managing people.
- Summarize the reservation experience.
- Summarize guest accounting practices.
- Describe managing guest services.
- Describe food and beverage management.
- Describe the hotel environment.
- Describe how outstanding managers beat work overload, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Review||Exam||7|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Review||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 3 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 4 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 5 Review||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Review||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Review||Exam||7|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Review||Exam||9|
- "I have nothing to say about only that it was good." -- Dorothy G.
- "A good source of information for a long term employee or for a new trainee." -- Magaly D.
- "Thanks for your help! It was a great experience." -- Melissa M.
- "All, even though it was challenging, but I needed to experience that....Thank you so much for being my instructor it was great working with you." -- Nontokozo G.