with CEU Certificate*
The hospitality industry offers today's young men and women an interesting and exciting career. Management of a hotel or restaurant calls for a wide range of capabilities. For those wishing a rewarding and challenging life of service to others, a future in the hospitality field should be seriously considered.
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: History and Profile of the Hospitality IndustryThis lesson describes the evolution of the hotel, the different types, and the managerial aspects.
Lesson 2: Setting Goals and ObjectivesThis lesson describes a manager's duties, job opportunities, and educational programs and financial aid available.
Lesson 3: Managing PeopleThis lesson describes the different job positions in the hotel, managerial duties, and sales and marketing techniques.
Lesson 4: Invest Time In Your PersonnelThis lesson discusses interviewing, training, and motivational aspects when hiring employees.
Lesson 5: The Reservation ExperienceThis lesson covers reservations, customer special requests, travel agencies, and cancellations.
Lesson 6: Guest Accounting PracticesThis lesson describes the different methods of payment, credit limits, and the special needs of a casino hotel.
Lesson 7: Managing Guest ServicesThis lesson addresses guest amenities, room rates, and preventing problems.
Lesson 8: Food and Beverage ManagementThis lesson covers everything from planning menus and cooks to meeting and convention planning.
Lesson 9: Hotel EnvironmentThis lesson deals with staff issues and hotel security.
Lesson 10: How Outstanding Managers Beat Work OverloadThis lesson explains how to separate work from home life, and which area you would be most comfortable in the hotel management.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the history and profile of the hospitality industry.
- Summarize setting goals and objectives.
- Describe managing people.
- Summarize the reservation experience.
- Summarize guest accounting practices.
- Describe managing guest services.
- Describe food and beverage management.
- Describe the hotel environment.
- Describe how outstanding managers beat work overload, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 1 Review||Exam||7|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Review||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 3 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 4 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||5|
|Lesson 5 Review||Exam||9|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 7 Review||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Review||Exam||7|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Review||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Review||Exam||9|
- Conflict Resolution 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- Business Writing Basics$75.001.9 CEUs
- Accounts Payable Management$70.001.1 CEUs
- Assertiveness Training$65.001.1 CEUs
- Customer Relationship Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Mindfulness in the Workplace$60.000.9 CEUs
- Listening Skills 101$55.001.2 CEUs
- Purchasing and Vendor Management 101$65.000.4 CEUs
- Running Effective Meetings$50.000.7 CEUs
- Job Performance Appraisals - A How To Guide$60.000.7 CEUs
- Talent Management$55.000.8 CEUs
- Microsoft Project 2013$60.001.0 CEUs
- Microsoft Visio 2013$65.001.0 CEUs
- Healthy Relationships$50.000.9 CEUs
- Payroll Management 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Recruitment and Retention Strategies$65.000.5 CEUs
- Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone$90.003.2 CEUs
- Customer Service 101$70.001.5 CEUs
- Accounts Receivable Management$65.001.2 CEUs
- Mediation 101$95.001.2 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Confidence Building$55.000.7 CEUs
- Telephone Skills and Quality Customer Service$75.001.2 CEUs
- Marketing Outreach$65.001.0 CEUs
- Business Credit 101$65.001.2 CEUs
- Creating an Effective Sales Team$65.001.2 CEUs
- How to Start and Run an Online Business$65.001.0 CEUs
- Mastering Sales Skills 101$65.001.0 CEUs
- Call Center Management$65.000.8 CEUs
- How to Run an Effective Helpdesk$65.000.8 CEUs
- Persuasion Techniques$65.000.7 CEUs
- Marketing for Small Business 101$70.001.4 CEUs
- Landlord 101: Managing Rental Properties$95.001.1 CEUs