Online Class: Google Docs
This course will teach you how to access and use Google Docs, starting with the basics before working its way into the more advanced features. It also includes instructions for setting up a Google account, as well as using Google Drive for saved files.
In this course, you'll learn how to...
- Create new documents from scratch, as well as from templates
- Open existing documents from Google Docs, as well as other word processing programs
- Navigate both the desktop and mobile versions of Google Docs
- Format text, paragraphs, and pages
- Insert, format, and edit images and graphics
- Share and collaborate on documents with other users
- Publish documents to the web
- Print documents
- Install add-ons to give Google Docs even more function and features
- And more
You do not need previous experience with word processing programs or Google to succeed with this course. With clear and concise step-by-step directions, beautifully illustrated lessons with screenshots, and HD Video tutorials, this Google Docs online course will teach you everything you need to know to become a Google Docs power user.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Google DocsThis course was developed to teach you how to access and use Google Docs, starting with the basics before working its way into the more advanced features.
Lesson 2: Navigating Google DocsIn this lesson, we are going to discuss how to start using Google Docs. We will talk about navigating Google docs on both a computer an Android device, then get started opening and importing files into the app.
Lesson 3: Getting Started in Google DocsThis lesson will demonstrate how to open a blank document or template when you have an existing document already open.
Lesson 4: Working with Text in Google DocsIn this lesson students will learn how to enter and format text to create effective and attractive documents while using the app.
Lesson 5: Text FormattingThis lesson will cover the various ways you can format text in Google Docs.
Lesson 6: Paragraph FormattingThere are several things you can do to add special formatting to paragraphs that go beyond alignment and margins. We will learn these methods in this lesson.
Lesson 7: Applying Styles to DocumentsIn this lesson, we will learn to apply different types of styles to the documents that you create. This includes title styles, subtitle styles, and heading styles.
Lesson 8: Page FormattingPerhaps one of the most important things you can learn in Google Docs is how to format your page with elements such as margins and page breaks. Formatting your pages makes them look more attractive and makes them easier to read. Plus, it is easy to do with Google Docs.
Lesson 9: Inserting Graphics and PicturesIt helps to add pictures and graphics to add color - and interest. Luckily, Google Docs has the tools you need to import pictures and graphics into your documents.
Lesson 10: Inserting Drawings and ChartsIn this lesson, we are going to discuss the drawing and chart tools offered by Google Docs.
Lesson 11: Creating Tables in Google DocsIn this lesson students will learn how to create tables in Google Docs.
Lesson 12: Inserting Additional Elements into a DocumentIn this lesson, we are going to cover additional elements, such as equations, that you can insert into your documents to make them more professional and effective.
Lesson 13: Publishing and Printing Documents in Google DocsIn this lesson students will learn how to publish and print documents in Google Docs
Lesson 14: Sharing and Collaborating on Documents in Google DocsIn this lesson students will learn how to share and collaborate on Documents in Google Docs.
Lesson 15: Editing and Proofing a DocumentIn this lesson, we are going to continue to talk about collaborating on documents using Google Doc's editing tools before moving on to checking for spelling errors in all your documents.
- Describe what a word processor is and what Google Docs capabilities are.
- Demonstrate navigating Google Docs.
- Demonstrate working with text, formatting text, and styling paragraphs in Google Docs.
- Demonstrate applying styles to documents.
- Demonstrate page formatting.
- Demonstrate inserting graphics and pictures.
- Demonstrate inserting drawings and charts.
- Demonstrate creating tables in Google Docs.
- Demonstrate publishing and printing documents.
- Demonstrate sharing and collaborating on documents.
- Describe methods for editing and proofing a document using Google Docs.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "Overall, it was an excellent course! After reading the main body of each lesson, I enjoyed having the option to watch the included video recap of the lesson, which I always chose to do, in addition to trying out all the things I had learned by exploring them in my own documents and sample documents in Google Docs on my computer. I found this a very empowering course!!" -- James S.
- "I knew a little about Google Docs from working with it at work. This was very helpul to me since I didn't know how much it could do." -- Tami H.
- "I thought this course was very helpful. It provided a lot of detailed information and walked through the steps so that I could follow along in my own Google docs example." -- Katie P.
- "I found parts of the course very difficult for me. I'm not used to using charts and graphs and some areas didn't appear on my program as they did on the demonstrations. I am, however very glad I took this course. I enjoyed the instructors voice and he was very easy to listen to and follow. I often found myself going back to listen again for clarity." -- Michele P.
- "This course was very helpful. I am always assisting teens on the computer and they are mostly using Google Docs. Now I will be able to assist them better when they need help with their homework." -- Tamra M.
- "I would have guessed I would have known how to use Google Docs fairly well since have used Microsoft Word but still found lots of valuable information and tools I would not have known about." -- Sandra A.
- "Thank you! Although I have had some experience with Google Docs, it was nice to have lessons. I was able to learn new skills." -- Pamela H.
- "Course was extremely thorough. I now know Google Docs inside and out. I thought the pace of the course was great particularly for complete beginners." -- Rebecca G.
- "The content was helpful and I was able to see differences between Google Doc and other word processing programs that I frequently use." -- Elissa M.
- "I have been using Google Docs and now I learned how to do more things with it. The course was very helpful." -- Jane S.
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Cybersecurity 101 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Microsoft Access 2019 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs PowerPoint 2021 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Outlook 2021 + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Windows 10 + More Info
- 16 hours 1.6 CEUs Advanced Excel 2019 + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Google Slides + More Info
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs SalesForce 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Microsoft Publisher 2021 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 2 - Internet Basics + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 3 - Living and Working Online + More Info
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Microsoft Project 2021 + More Info
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Slack + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Google Docs + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs QuickBooks Online + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Learn HTML - Create Webpages Using HTML5 + More Info
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs MySQL + More Info
- 17 hours 1.7 CEUs Introduction to SQL + More Info
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Computer Literacy Level 1 - Computer Basics + More Info
- 14 hours 1.4 CEUs QuickBooks 101 + More Info
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Microsoft Visio 2021 + More Info