with CEU Certificate*
Rich in culture, land, people, customs, and beliefs, the United States grew from a country of thirteen colonies, to a large country of fifty states, to a superpower in the world with one of the largest economies. This course will guide you along a path of discovery as you learn how this nation was born, how its powerful Constitution formed, and how it struggled internally and externally as it learned and continues to learn the boundaries, dynamics, and relationships based upon the three ideals of liberty, equality, and the pursuit of happiness.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life,
Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Lesson 1: Beginnings -1600In this lesson we will begin our review of history with the explorers of the new world.
Lesson 2: European Settlements 1600-1775Topics will include immigrants and their motives for moving to the new world, the formation of new colonies, and the impact on Native Americans.
Lesson 3: Forming a New Nation 1775-1800Topics will include the events that led up to the First Continental Congress and the Declaration of Independence.
Lesson 4: The Establishment of the New NationTopics will include the drafts that led up to the Constitution, the formation of the Bill of Rights, the platforms of the two party system, and the first two presidents of the United States.
Lesson 5: The Nation Expands 1801-1850Topics will include the continual conflicts leading to the War of 1812, presidential involvement, westward expansion, and the beginning of The Women's Suffrage Movement.
Lesson 6: The Nation Divides 1850-1865Topics will focus on how the Nation became divided over the issue of slavery, of events and key players in the Civil War, and the unsatisfactory aftermath that continued to leave the nation divided.
Lesson 7: Developing into a Modern Nation 1860-1920Topics will include the Industrial Revolution and its impact on the American way of life.
Lesson 8: Establishing a World PresenceTopics will include events that led up to American involvement in WW1 and the more active role of the U.S. on the global stage.
Lesson 9: The Nation in Turmoil 1920-1935Topics will include issues involving immigration, religious conflicts and prohibition that took place during the Roaring Twenties into the Great Depression.
Lesson 10: Nation at War 1935-1945Topics will include the Second World War in Europe and in the Pacific, the impact of war in America, and the atomic bomb.
Lesson 11: The Aftermath 1945 - 1949Topics will include the aftermath of WW II, and the start of the cold war.
Lesson 12: National Identity Issues and Scandals 1950-1969Topics will include the Civil Rights Movement, assassinations, and the beginning of the space program.
Lesson 13 The Rise of the Individual 1970-1993Topics will include the events that shaped the presidencies of Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Regan, and George H.W. Bush.
Lesson 14: A Time of Growing Suspicions and Fears 1994-2009Topics will include the events that shaped the presidencies during the Clinton years, George W. Bush, and the current President Obama.
Lesson 15: American Lifestyle after WWII to TodayTopics will include American cultural events that held America's attention over several decades.
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the Beginnings to 1600.
- Summarize the European Settlements 1600-1775.
- Summarize the Forming a New Nation 1775-1800.
- Summarize the the Establishment of the New Nation.
- Summarize the Nation Expands 1801-1850.
- Summarize the Nation Divides 1850-1865.
- Summarize the development into a Modern Nation 1860-1920.
- Summarize the Nation in Turmoil 1920-1935.
- Summarize the Nation at War 1935-1945.
- Summarize the The Aftermath 1945-1949.
- Summarize the National Identity Issues and Scandals 1950-1969.
- Summarize the Rise of the Individual 1970-1993.
- Summarize the Time of Growing Suspicions and Fears 1994-2008.
- Summarize the American Lifestyle after WWII to Today, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||25|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||15|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||11|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||3|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 14.1 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 15 Assignment||Assignment||50|
|The Final Exam||Exam||48|
- American Literature Review$115.000.7 CEUs
- Salem Witch Trials$75.000.4 CEUs
- Buddhism 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- Philosophy 101$85.001.0 CEUs
- Genealogy 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Ancient Civilizations 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- History's Greatest Conspiracies$75.001.0 CEUs
- World War ll$75.001.6 CEUs
- Judaism 101: An Introduction$75.001.0 CEUs
- Bible Stories$75.001.0 CEUs
- Greek Mythology$75.000.7 CEUs
- World Religions 101$75.000.9 CEUs
- American Government$95.001.6 CEUs
- American Civil War 101$75.001.3 CEUs
- American Revolutionary War 101$75.001.0 CEUs
- World War I$75.001.1 CEUs
- Vietnam War$75.001.1 CEUs
- World War l and ll$115.002.7 CEUs
- American Wars: American Revolution and Civil War$115.001.4 CEUs