- OR -
with CEU Certificate
with CEU Certificate
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
1.2 CEUs :: 12 Contact Hours :: Self-Paced :: Instructor Support :: 6 Month Subscription
Do you need a refresher course in basic punctuation and grammar? Is your business writing, school writing or personal writing a disaster and you're tired of stressing over mistakes? Improper grammar and punctuation is a sign for some people, right or wrong, that you may be less educated or less intelligent.
Your writing reflects more about your personality than you realize: it reflects your attention to detail, your education and how you think. Even the most basic writing -- like thank-you notes and emails -- can be sabotaged by just one grammatical error. In the business world, this can give clients the impression that you aren't careful. If your work is as sloppy as your writing, you aren't the person they want to hire or promote.
This self-paced course will help you learn what you need to polish your grammar and punctuation skills. Punctuation and Grammar 101 is divided into two subjects which focus on grammar and punctuation topics. At the end of each lesson will be a brief quiz and/or assignment based on the lesson material. Your knowledgeable and caring instructor will review and grade all work and you can ask questions anytime.
Isn't it time to finally master the critical writing skills of grammar and punctuation?So join us today. As always, you can attend this course at the times that fit your schedule. Our system requires no special software or hardware, so why not enroll today and become informed and inspired?
* Instantly download, print, and share your CEU Certificate at course completion (additional shipping/handling charges apply for hard copy delivery). UniversalClass™ offers many wonderful learning tools including an online portfolio service that manages all your course completions and CEUs.
Request More InformationHave a question? Contact us for more information.
Introduction to Grammar SectionIntroduction to this course. Grammar topics will be discussed in lessons 1-7.
Subject and PredicateThis lesson defines what a subject and predicate is and when to use singular or plural verbs.
Nouns and PronounsThis lesson defines nouns and the different forms of pronouns.
Verb TensesThis lesson discusses the three main tenses of verbs and their sub-categories.
Common Irregular VerbsThis is a list of some of the most common irregular verbs and their tenses.
Adjectives and AdverbsThis lesson defines what adjectives and adverbs are and the different degrees of each.
Prepositions & Prepositional PhrasesThis lesson gives examples of how prepositions are used and a list of the most common prepositions.
The ClauseThis lesson defines clauses and the difference between a subordinate and an independent clause.
Introduction to Punctuation SectionTopics on Punctuation will be displayed in lessons 9-15.
Periods and Other End StopsThis lesson describes the different kinds of end stops (period, question mark, exclamation point) to put on a sentence and how and when to use periods in abbreviations.
CommasThis lesson explains how and when to use commas and when to put them in clauses and phrases.
ApostrophesThis lesson explains the proper use of apostrophes and how to make a word possessive, individual or joint.
Colons and SemicolonsThis lesson describes how to properly use colons and semicolons in a sentence.
HyphensThis lesson describes the proper use of hyphens in words.
Quotation MarksThis lesson describes the correct usage of quotation marks for dialogue, quotations, and titles.
Additional Writing ResourcesThis lesson has additional writing resources for your review.
Average Lesson Rating: (1693 votes)
12 Contact Hours
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Punctuation and Grammar 101
Course Number: 7550404
Languages: English - United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and other English speaking countries
Course Type: General Education
CEU Value: 1.2 IACET CEUs (Continuing Education Units)
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Course URL: punctuation.onlineclasses.com
Instructor: Daphnee St.Val
Syllabus: View Syllabus
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
Requirements: View Technical Requirements
Course Fee: $45.00 (no CEU Certification) || with CEU Certification: $70.00
Learning OutcomesBy successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define, recognize, and correctly use the subject and predicate.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use nouns and pronouns.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use verb tenses.
- Identify common irregular verbs.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use adjectives and adverbs.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use prepositions and prepositional phrases.
- Identify the clause.
- Define, recognize, and correctly use periods, commas, apostrophes, colons, semicolons, hyphens, question marks, and quotation marks, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||13|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Exercise||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||14|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 12 Exam||Exam||12|
|Lesson 13 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 14 Assignment||Assignment||10|
|Lesson 14 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 15 Exam||Exam||8|
- Barron's GED with CD-ROM (Barron's Ged (Book & CD-Rom))
- Better Grammar in 30 Minutes a Day (Better English Series)
- Better Sentence-Writing in 30 Minutes a Day (Better English Series)
- How Grammar Works: A Self-Teaching Guide (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides)
- Read & Practice Mini-Books: Grammar & Punctuation: 10 Interactive Mini-Books That Help Students Build Grammar and Punctuation Skills-Independently!
- The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation: An Easy-to-Use Guide with Clear Rules, Real-World Examples, and Reproducible Quizzes
- The McGraw-Hill Handbook of English Grammar and Usage
- ESL Grammar Level 1$60.001.0 CEUs
- Creative Writing for Beginners$90.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Women's Fiction$90.001.0 CEUs
- ABCs of English Grammar$65.001.5 CEUs
- Proofreading and Copyediting 101$75.001.2 CEUs
- Writing Basics 101: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation, Writing Structures$90.002.9 CEUs
- ESL Basic Grammar and Writing$90.002.0 CEUs
- Resume Writing 101$60.001.2 CEUs
- Historical Fiction Writing$90.002.3 CEUs
- Paranormal Romance Writing$90.001.0 CEUs
- Basic English Speaking Skills$65.001.0 CEUs
- Writing Improvement 101$90.001.3 CEUs
- Poetry Writing 101$90.001.7 CEUs
- Essay Writing 101$65.001.1 CEUs
- Creative Writing Workshop$90.001.3 CEUs
- Basic Research Skills$55.001.0 CEUs
- Creative Writing 101$90.001.9 CEUs
- Humor Writing 101$90.001.1 CEUs
- Enhance Your Everyday Vocabulary$60.001.6 CEUs
- Spelling 101$55.001.5 CEUs
- Vocabulary Building$60.001.0 CEUs
- Speed Reading 101$60.000.9 CEUs
- English Composition 101$65.001.1 CEUs