Course Syllabus: Electronics 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe wiring and currents.
- Define Alternating Current [AC] and Direct Current [DC] Circuits.
- Describe Solder, Fuses, Connectors, Adapters and Switches.
- Describe transmitters and receivers.
- Summarize the functionalities of Integrated Circuits, Transistors, Resistors, Capacitors and Diodes.
- Identify schematic symbols.
- Summarize the functionalities and purposes of power supplies and multimeters.
- Describe amplifiers and transistors.
- Describe voltage regulators, transformers and transducers.
- Define basic electronic formulas, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Fundamentals of Electricity||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Voltage and Current||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Power Supplies and Simple Circuits||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Resistor Circuits and Ohms Law||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Resistor Networks||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Capacitor Circuits||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Fundamentals of Magnetism||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Inductor Circuits||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Building Electronic Circuits||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Introduction to Semiconductor Devices||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Electronics Applied: Transformers||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Electronics Applied: Basic Communication Circuits||Exam||10|
- What are Inductor Circuits?
- What are Semiconductor Devices?
- How to Apply the Principles of Magnetics and Inductors to Understand Transformers
- How to Apply Principles of Capacitors and Inductors to a Communications Circuit
- Understanding Resistor Networks in Electronics
- What are Transactions in SQL?
- The Physics Behind Acoustic Waves
- How to Solve Practical Geometry Problems
- How to Position Elements in CSS
- The Relationship Between Geometry and Trigonometry
- How to Style CSS Lists
- How to Do Advanced Queries in MySQL
- What is Geometry?
- The Mathematics Behind Physics
- How to Build Web Page Layouts with CSS