Course Syllabus: Electronics 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe wiring and currents.
- Define Alternating Current [AC] and Direct Current [DC] Circuits.
- Describe Solder, Fuses, Connectors, Adapters and Switches.
- Describe transmitters and receivers.
- Summarize the functionalities of Integrated Circuits, Transistors, Resistors, Capacitors and Diodes.
- Identify schematic symbols.
- Summarize the functionalities and purposes of power supplies and multimeters.
- Describe amplifiers and transistors.
- Describe voltage regulators, transformers and transducers.
- Define basic electronic formulas, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 1 Fundamentals of Electricity||Exam||9|
|Lesson 2 Voltage and Current||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 3 Power Supplies and Simple Circuits||Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 4 Resistor Circuits and Ohms Law||Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 5 Resistor Networks||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 6 Capacitor Circuits||Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 7 Fundamentals of Magnetism||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 8 Inductor Circuits||Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 9 Building Electronic Circuits||Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Introduction to Semiconductor Devices||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||20|
|Lesson 11 Electronics Applied: Transformers||Exam||9|
|Lesson 12 Electronics Applied: Basic Communication Circuits||Exam||10|
- What are Semiconductor Devices?
- What is Voltage and Current?
- How to Apply Principles of Capacitors and Inductors to a Communications Circuit
- Resistor Circuits and Ohms Law
- The Fundamentals of Magnetism in Electronics
- Using Classical Geometric Construction Techniques
- Understanding Conjugated Unsaturated Systems
- How to Use Subqueries in SQL
- How to Use Methods in C# Programming
- Understanding Probability: How to Calculate the Number of Outcomes
- The Synthesis and Reactions of Alcohols
- How to CREATE, ALTER, RENAME, and DROP Tables in SQL
- CSS Explained in Layman's Terms
- Understanding Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives
- Interactions in C# Programming: Loops and Arrays