Course Syllabus: Advocacy for Elderly Patients
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe a advocate for the elderly is and what the job entails.
- Summarize how to maintain and preserve the dignity of the elderly.
- Describe methods for recognizing and preventing elder abuse.
- Describe quality of life issues.
- Identify methods and techniques for providing safe environments.
- Summarize patient care advocacy in home-based settings and nursing homes.
- Identify nursing home resident's rights and elderly legal rights.
- Identify red flags when determining proper elder care.
- Summarize the processes of death and dying, what to expect, and how to cope and support, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 1 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 2 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 3 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 4 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 4 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 5 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 6 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 7 Exam||Exam||9|
|Lesson 8 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 8 Exam||Exam||8|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 9 Exam||Exam||7|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||Assignment||2|
|Lesson 10 Exam||Exam||10|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||Assignment||1|
|Lesson 11 Exam||Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||Exam||50|
- Ways to Prevent Elder Abuse
- ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- HIPAA: Disclosure Authorization Language
- ICD-10-PCS Coding in the Medical and Surgical-Related Subsection
- Processing Healthcare Insurance Claims
- What Is Protected Health Information (PHI)?
- A Career as a Medical Coder
- How to Obtain Patient Authorization Under HIPAA
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (Chapter 1) and Neoplasms (Chapter 2)
- A Career as a Medical Assistant
- ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines - Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium (Chapter 15) and Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period (Chapter 16)