Course Syllabus: Delegation Skills
with CEU Certificate*
The Etiquette of Delegation Skills
Delegation of the very work for which you are both responsible and accountable, that you have spent emotional energy to acquire, and in which you have invested education and experience, is a difficult skill to develop.
Letting go is what it's all about. But though giving up usually means losing, getting less, taking the back seat, with the right parameters, delegation will give you the freedom to do more with increased efficiency and effectiveness.
This class will afford an understanding of the advantages of delegation, clarify appropriate and effective methods for carrying it out, including guidelines for assessment, motivation, and continual success. In fourteen lessons you will move from being a manger trying to do it all and burning out, to becoming a manager who can successfully and purposefully delegate.
Lesson 1: What is Delegation?
Lesson 2: 5 Ways to Delete Tasks and Why You Should
Lesson 3: The 10 Step Process for Effective Delegation
Lesson 4: Communication: How to Give Better Instructions for Better Results
Lesson 5: Feedback: How to Ask Questions and Listen
Lesson 6: Common Delegation Issues and How to Avoid Them
Lesson 7: Setting Standards and Expectations for Excellent Performance
Lesson 8: How to Motivate Your Staff Regularly
Lesson 9: Management by Objective
Lesson 10: Building Confidence in Your Staff
Lesson 11: How to Delegate Decision Making
Lesson 12: Assessing and Providing Feedback
Lesson 13: Reverse Delegation- How it Happens, How to Prevent & Avoid
Lesson 14: 10 Qualities of a Successful Manager to Increase Output and Quality Through Delegation
|Lesson 1 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 2 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 3 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 5 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 7 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 9 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 10 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 11 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 12 Assignment||1|
|Lesson 13 Assignment||1|
- Manager Delegating Roles of Assessing and Providing Feedback
- How to Build Confidence in Your Staff for Effective Management
- Effective Management: How to Write Objectives for Employees
- Delegation Tools in the Workplace: Motivating Your Staff Regularly
- Delegation Strategies: Ways to Delete Tasks and Why You Should
- Locating Newsworthy Stories in the Real World
- What is the Role of a Product Manager?
- How to Write Customer Relations Type Emails
- Journalism Types: Expository Writing
- Examining the Factors of Independent Consulting
- The Channels of Nonverbal Communication
- A Brief History of Journalism: How We Arrived to Where We Are
- The Issues Involved in Collecting and Analyzing the Data for Strategic Planning
- Strategies to Higher Income and Job Satisfaction: Are You Managing Your Career Correctly?
- How to Create a Successful Product Vision