There is almost a natural desire that people have towards improvement. They want to make themselves better, they want their lives to be better, and they want their communities to be better. Whatever ideal they have for any facet of their lives is going to influence the actions that they take to try and make it a reality. However, there are significant factors involved that can cause them to succeed or fail in equal measure. In many cases, they simply do not know how to make things better for themselves and others in a way that will actually work.
For many who want to make improvements to their surroundings, for whatever reason, the best way to do it is through community development. Primarily used as a means of reducing poverty in society for decades, community development is a process where problems that are impeding the lives of community members can be addressed and solutions found. It's used across the world in communities of all shapes and sizes to treat problems of equal variety. There are virtually no limits to its usage, and community leaders can implement and guide the process on their own with the assistance of community members.
This course is designed to address the community development process in full and to act as a resource for those who want to use it to better themselves. Some of the topics up for discussion will include the history and future of community development, the strategies that communities can use, and what factors impact the process. All of the information in this course can be applied in more ways than one to improve your community. Take the initiative today!
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Describe what community development is and why it's important.
- Describe america's history of community development.
- Define the key principles of community development.
- Describe the role of community-based organizations.
- Determine the community development process.
- Summarize the strategic factors of community development.
- Describe the government role and community development.
- Describe engagement and community development.
- Summarize sustainability and community development.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|What is your goal for taking this course?||1 points|
|Quiz 1||50 points|
|Quiz 2||50 points|
|Quiz 3||50 points|
|Quiz 4||50 points|
|Quiz 5||50 points|
|Quiz 6||50 points|
|Quiz 7||50 points|
|Quiz 8||50 points|
|Quiz 9||50 points|
|Quiz 10||50 points|
|Quiz 11||45 points|
|Quiz 12||50 points|
|Quiz 13||50 points|
|Quiz 14||45 points|
|Quiz 15||50 points|
|The Final Exam||345 points|