Course Syllabus: Bullying in Elementary School
with CEU Certificate*
Bullying is an issue that touches virtually all schools across the nation. Even at the preschool and elementary levels it is a major source for concern. Many parents and educators around the country are at a loss for what to do about the problem, as it continues to plague our nation's youth.
That's where this course comes in! This bullying course is chock-full of the research that has been conducted on bullying, as well as the tools that people need in order to be successful at preventing, and addressing the issue. This course covers all about what bullying is, the impact it has on children, who bullies and why they do it, how to deal with a bully, how to teach children kindness and compassion, how to stand up to a bully and why it's so important, ways to talk to children about bullying, self-esteem matters, understanding feelings and working through them, how to help shy children to blossom, and more.
This course will also teach you what to do if it is your child that is the bully, as well as ways that schools and community groups can address bullying in order to raise awareness of it and bring it to an end if it's already happening. From prevention to effective solutions for ending bullying, this course covers it all! This course is ideal for parents, educators, and community members that want to help restore the innocents of childhood and bring an end to bullying in their community.
Lesson 1: An Introduction to Bullying
Lesson 2: The Impact of Bullying
Lesson 3: Who Bullies and Why
Lesson 4: Dealing with Bullies
Lesson 5: Teaching Kids Kindness and Compassion
Lesson 6: Standing Up to a Bully
Lesson 7: Ways to Talk to Children About Bullying
Lesson 8: Why Self-Esteem Matters
Lesson 9: Feelings Matter
Lesson 10: Helping a Shy Child Blossom
Lesson 11: When Your Child is the Bully
Lesson 12: Ways for Schools and Communities to Combat Bullying
All course materials will be online and no outside purchases will be required.
Each lesson will include a lesson review quiz. Some of the lessons will also include a writing assignment along with a final assignment. Students will successfully complete this course with an overall average of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1 Exam||10|
|Lesson 2 Exam||10|
|Lesson 3 Exam||10|
|Lesson 4 Exam||10|
|Lesson 5 Exam||10|
|Lesson 6 Exam||10|
|Lesson 7 Exam||10|
|Lesson 8 Exam||9|
|Lesson 9 Exam||10|
|Lesson 10 Exam||9|
|Lesson 11 Exam||10|
|The Final Exam||30|
- How to Talk to Children About Bullying
- The Role of Self-Esteem in Bullying
- Kids that Become Bullies
- Bullying in Elementary School
- Overcoming Shyness in Preventing Bullying
- A Brief Look at Etiquette Today
- A Babysitter's Guide to Indoor and Outdoor Safety and Security
- Managing Self-Esteem in Toddlers
- General Overview of Concussions
- Importance of Teaching Active Listening to Children in Self-Esteem
- Effectively Guiding Behavior in Positive Parenting
- Self-Esteem Building During the Elementary and Middle School Years
- Etiquette for Young Adults: Meetings and Introductions
- Help for Single Parents - What is it Really Like to Be a Single Parent?
- Types of Classroom Management: Assertive Discipline