Course Syllabus: Stress Management
with CEU Certificate*
Stress is subjective to each individual; what can be considered a stressful event by one person may be less stressful to another. Therefore, stress is not caused by the event itself, but how an individual interprets the situation and deals with it. When an individual cannot cope with the demands placed on them and begins to feel negatively, this is considered a stress response.
Even though stress has become part of our everyday life; excessive stress can affect a person's health and emotional stability. It can also affect our overall quality of life by reducing productivity, creating, or exacerbating, existing health problems, and contributing to premature aging.
So what do we do about stress in our lives? How do we deal with it? Prevent it? This course comes in. Working through the lessons in this course will help you understand the origins of your stress and provide you with a practical approach for reducing stress in your life and thus, improving your health and emotional well being.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Stress
- Lesson 2: What are our Stressors?
- Lesson 3: Small Changes and Large Rewards
- Lesson 4: Stress Prevention
- Lesson 5: Coping Skills
- Lesson 6: Stress in the Home
- Lesson 7: Overcoming Monetary Stress and Unhealthy Worry
- Lesson 8: Stress and the Workplace
- Lesson 9: Dealing With Frustration and Anger
- Lesson 10: Stress Reducing Exercises
A brief 25 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course by mastering all learning outcomes with 70% or higher overall grade.
|Lesson 1: Symptoms of Stress||2|
|Quiz for Lesson 1||9|
|Lesson 2: External and Internal Stressors||2|
|Quiz for Lesson 2||8|
|Lesson 3: Solving a Stressful Situation||2|
|Quiz for Lesson 3||9|
|Lesson 4: Ways to Reduce Stress||2|
|Quiz for Lesson 4||7|
|Quiz for Lesson 5||7|
|Quiz for Lesson 6||9|
|Quiz for Lesson 7||9|
|Quiz for Lesson 8||10|
|Lesson 9: Dealing with Difficult People||2|
|Quiz for Lesson 9||10|
|Quiz for Lesson 10||8|
|The Final Exam||45|
- Three Easy Methods to Manage Stress
- Stress Management: Managing Changes and Rewards
- Coping with Workplace Stress
- How to Cope with Stress in the Home
- How to Manage Stress Over Monetary Issues
- Effectively Guiding Behavior in Positive Parenting
- Mastering Conversation: The Art of Small Talk
- The Definition of Workplace Harassment?
- Building Self-Esteem in a Child
- How to Boost Your Confidence by Controlling Your Negative and Positive Thoughts
- The Role Alcoholism Plays in the Workplace
- A Sociological Perspective on Family Dynamics
- How to Identify Unhealthy Relationships
- Understanding Conflict Types
- The Basics of Stress and Relaxation