Stress is subjective to each individual; what can be considered a stressful event by one person may be less stressful to another. Therefore, stress is not caused by the event itself, but how an individual interprets the situation and deals with it. When people cannot cope with the demands placed on them and negativity sets in, this is considered a stress response.
Even though stress has become part of our everyday life, excessive stress can affect a person's health and emotional stability. It can also affect our overall quality of life by reducing productivity, creating, or exacerbating, existing health problems, and contributing to premature aging.
So what do we do about stress in our lives? How do we deal with it? How do we prevent it? That's where this course comes in. Working through the lessons in this course will help you understand the origins of your stress and provide you with a practical approach for reducing stress in your life and thus, improving your health and emotional well being.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define and identify stress.
- Define and identify stressors.
- Describe the idea of small changes and large rewards to relieve stress.
- Describe methods and techniques for preventing stress.
- Develop coping skills.
- Identify stress in the home.
- Describe ways to overcome monetary stress and unhealthy worry.
- Describe stress and the workplace and how to overcome it.
- Deal with frustration and anger.
- Demonstrate stress reducing exercises.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: Symptoms of Stress||2 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 1||9 points|
|Lesson 2: External and Internal Stressors||2 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 2||8 points|
|Lesson 3: Solving a Stressful Situation||2 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 3||9 points|
|Lesson 4: Ways to Reduce Stress||2 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 4||7 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 5||7 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 6||9 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 7||9 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 8||10 points|
|Lesson 9: Dealing with Difficult People||2 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 9||10 points|
|Quiz for Lesson 10||8 points|
|The Final Exam||45 points|