Success and the Single Parent
Being a parent is tough; being a single parent, even more so. There are many difficulties and changes associated with being a single parent – for one thing, all the day-to-day responsibilities are on one parent's shoulders. Single parents often face issues of judgment from others, conflict with children over the absent parent, stress, and frustration. If parents are awarded joint custody, the challenges can be more intense.
Our Single Parenting course is designed to provide tips, ideas, and solutions to some of the most common problems single parents face, as well as celebrate the joys of a single parent family. The course will also define words and phrases associated with single parenting situations and suggest ways for handling difficult discussions with the children.
This course also includes lessons on behavior issues of single parent children, balancing your single parent life, financial challenges and strategies, and parental self-care.
The Single Parenting course is ideal for single parents and appropriate for individuals studying child development or related fields.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
- Define what it means to be a single parent.
- Describe behavior patterns of single-parent children.
- Describe the benefits of single-parent families.
- Recognize single-parenting challenges.
- Identify co-parenting and visitation.
- Determine ways to dealing with the non-custodial parent.
- Describe methods for balancing your single-parent life.
- Recognize how money and finances affect single-parenting.
- Summarize successful strategies you can use or recommend for single-parent families.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|An Introduction||1 points|
|Exam 1||10 points|
|Exam 2||10 points|
|Exam 3||9 points|
|Exam 4||10 points|
|Exam 5||12 points|
|Exam 6||13 points|
|Exam 7||11 points|
|Exam 8||12 points|
|Exam 9||9 points|
|Exam 10||13 points|
|The Final Exam||50 points|