Success and the Single Parent
Being a parent is tough; being a single parent, even more so. There are many difficulties and changes associated with being a single parent – for one thing, all the day-to-day responsibilities are on one parent's shoulders. Single parents often face issues of judgment from others, conflict with children over the absent parent, stress, and frustration. If parents are awarded joint custody, the challenges can be more intense.
Our Single Parenting course is designed to provide tips, ideas, and solutions to some of the most common problems single parents face, as well as celebrate the joys of a single parent family. The course will also define words and phrases associated with single parenting situations and suggest ways for handling difficult discussions with the children.
This course also includes lessons on behavior issues of single parent children, balancing your single parent life, financial challenges and strategies, and parental self-care.
The Single Parenting course is ideal for single parents and appropriate for individuals studying child development or related fields.
Lesson 1: What is a Single Parent?
Lesson 2: Behavior Patterns of Single Parent Children
Lesson 3: The Benefits of Single Parent Families
Lesson 4: Single Parenting Challenges
Lesson 5: Co-parenting and Visitation
Lesson 6: Dealing With the Non-Custodial Parent
Lesson 7: Balancing Your Single Parent Life
Lesson 8: Money and Finances
Lesson 9: Self-Care
Lesson 10: Roads to Success for Single Parent Families
Each lesson will include a written assignment.
A brief 25 pt. quiz will follow each lesson. Students will successfully complete this course with 70% or better.
|The Final Exam||50|
- Self-Care Needs for a Single Parent
- The Balancing Act of a Single Life and Parent Life
- How to Deal with Money and Finance Issues as a Single Parent
- Help for Single Parents - What is it Really Like to Be a Single Parent?
- Pros and Cons in Single-Parent Families
- How to Support Your Child's Socialization
- Physical Activity and Your Child
- Telephone Manners as an Etiquette Consultant
- Understanding Child Development
- How to Begin Your Own Etiquette Consulting Business
- Effectively Guiding Behavior in Positive Parenting
- Creating Positive and Prosperous Environments for Children
- The Process of Employees in Recovery of Substance Abuse in the Workplace
- The Role of Mindfulness in Battling Addiction
- Substance Abuse Employee Assistance Programs