Course Syllabus: Human Resources Management 101
- OR -
with CEU Certificate*
with CEU Certificate*
Start Right Now!
Taking multiple courses? Save with our platinum program.
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define what Human Resources Management is.
- Describe the history of Human Resources.
- Describe the practices to find and hire the best employees.
- Describe compensation and benefits.
- Describe how to stay in compliance and methods to create a safe workplace.
- Describe training, employee recognition and discipline policies and procedures.
- Summarize professional development requirements and policies.
- Describe termination and resignation procedures, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
|Lesson 1: HR Management and Development||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Module I - Introduction to Human Resource Management||Exam||3|
|Lesson 2: HR Management and HR Movement||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Module II - History of Human Resources||Exam||9|
|Lesson 3: Employee Selection Process||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Module III - Finding and Hiring the best “Human” for the job||Exam||8|
|Lesson 4: Components of Pay||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Module IV - Compensation and Benefits||Exam||9|
|Lesson 5: Employee Handbook||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Module V - Staying within compliance & creating a safe workplace||Exam||10|
|Lesson 6: Motivation and HR Management||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Module VI - Training, Employee recognition and discipline||Exam||7|
|Lesson 7: Leadership Programs and Employee Growth||Assignment||25|
|Quiz for Module VII - Professional development||Exam||10|
|Lesson 8: Legal Termination of Employees||Assignment||30|
|Quiz for Module VIII - Calling it quits||Exam||7|
|The Final Exam||Exam||31|
- Managing Training Programs and other Professional Development Activities
- Human Resources: Handling Layoffs and Employee Cuts
- The History of Human Resources
- Human Resources: Employee Recognition, Training and Discipline
- Human Resources: Compensation and Benefits
- The Need to Market Yourself in a Small Business
- Emotional Intelligence: The Ability Model
- An Overview of Business Management
- Fundraising Basics
- Tips for Writing Copy on Your Business Website
- Methods of Expanding Your Business Into International Markets
- Communication Studies: Interpersonal Perception
- How to Link Strategies to Six Sigma Projects
- Are You Born a Leader or Can You Learn to Lead?
- Emotional Intelligence: Mixed Model